You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Culchie Observation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Culchie Observation
    Posted: 27 May 2012 at 1:26am
Jaysus.

Is it a rule that you have to be sh*t faced by 11pm down here?

In a late bar at the minute, tshirts (collar up) jeans and filthy white runners seem to be the fashion, I think the dirtier your runners the more respect you get.

Do all evenings end in a row/ or else lads punching tables or Is this linked to how clean your your runners are?

Nothing against country folk at all,Just I think this is the most hicks-Ville town I've ever been in

Edited by 9fingers - 27 May 2012 at 1:30am
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 1:30am
Are you still in Ballina? If so, what the f**k were you expecting?
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 1:36am
Ballina residents are worthless scum
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 1:37am
If your not drunk by 11pm your a pussy and you should leave down the west coast cooler and go up and get yourself a pint like a solid young fella, 

f**kIN QUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUARS
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 1:38am
Yeah Mark still in Ballina, f**kin hell, nothin against Mayo, love Westport, castlebar is ok too, but these folk are unreal, it reminds me of all the country lads I was in college with years ago, just ten times worse!

One lad asked me where I was from, I said Dublin, he said could be worse ya could bd from Dublin!
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 1:45am
They're a different breed up there, keep your distance I say.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 1:47am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

They're a different breed up there, keep your distance I say.

Where you from?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 1:48am
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

Ballina residents are worthless scum

Right as always Qman
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 1:51am
Castlebar
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 1:56am
As bad as ballina is, the loft was a good pub for a pint. its a sh*te town but its not that dangerous tbh
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 1:56am

Castlebar

Ah right,

Anyway summary before bed, Ballina is a strange kip, decent location tho

IE lots if decent shtuff nearby

Edited by 9fingers - 27 May 2012 at 1:59am
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 1:58am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

As bad as ballina is, the loft was a good pub for a pint. its a sh*te town but its not that dangerous tbh

No one in it, seemed like a kip.
Bartra or the JUG seemed to be the busiest spots

Edited by 9fingers - 27 May 2012 at 2:00am
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 2:05am

Castlebar

To call a spade a spade mark and apart from ybig emoticons illustrating a thumbs up for castlebar as thats where you re from, even you ve to admit westport is a better drinking spot and nicer atmosphere. i used to go over to castlebar as the pubs were good for underage drinking with the old henleys which was great craic but it shut down. castlebar doesnt even have the same craic after mayo home games in the league or championship ive noticed in the last few years
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 2:29am
I don't drink so I couldn't give a fiddlers
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Jaysus.

In a late bar at the minute, tshirts (collar up) jeans and filthy white runners seem to be the fashion, I think the dirtier your runners the more respect you get.

Do all evenings end in a row/ or else lads punching tables or Is this linked to how clean your your runners are?

Nothing against country folk at all,Just I think this is the most hicks-Ville town I've ever been in

You do know that not all culchies are the same right? Mayo isnt the same as Wexford. Cork isnt the same as Westmeath.

Ballina is a kip though Thumbs Up
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Jaysus.

Jaysus LOL

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 7:10pm
C'mon Milla, where's your defence of Ballina?
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
hoobedoo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoobedoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 7:10pm
Dunno what it is about mayo but allot of craiced people from that part of the world. And I mean craiced in a good way. I've tons of friends fom diff parts of mayo and boy can they drink. I can more then hold my own but I've given up even trying to match them. Sound heads from up there, but like every place your bound to meet a few nutters.
The seeds of doubt that were sown at the weekend against Egypt have been doused by a dose of Jack Charlton's almighty weedkiller.<br />
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic