You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

9Fingers 90s Nostalgia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

Eurogoals and Sensible World of Soccer (on the Amiga) were brilliant for learning about teams and players you'd never otherwise ever get the chance to discover.

The Go Ahead Eagles and Hearts of Oak type teams.

Is that the game where they changed the spelling of the players names?

I remember Shearer was ''Sheerah''
And Cole was 'Coal'LOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 10:57pm
Eurotrash.
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Eurogoals and Sensible World of Soccer (on the Amiga) were brilliant for learning about teams and players you'd never otherwise ever get the chance to discover.

And Cole was 'Coal'LOL

No, it was fully licenced. Had something like 20,000 real-life players and every "1st Division" team from most every country on the planet.

All the major footballing countries also had a "2nd Division". The full league pyramid structures of England and Scotland were also included.

In the career mode, you started off with a club side. If you did well you'd get other job offers or if you were useless you'd get the sack. With some long term success you'd be offered the national team job.

The scale was mind boggling for the time.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 11:17pm

And Cole was 'Coal'LOL

No, it was fully licenced. Had something like 20,000 real-life players and every "1st Division" team from most every country on the planet.

All the major footballing countries also had a "2nd Division". The full league pyramid structures of England and Scotland were also included.

In the career mode, you started off with a club side. If you did well you'd get other job offers or if you were useless you'd get the sack. With some long term success you'd be offered the national team job.

The scale was mind boggling for the time.

This wan?

http://playclassic.games/games/sport-dos-games-online/play-sensible-world-of-soccer-online/play/
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 4:30am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Anyone remember Dale Farm Twin Tub ice cream?

They were these small yoghurt sized pots a bit like Muller yoghurts with 2 sections.  One for vanilla ice cream and the other for chocolate sauce.  Think they came with a little spoon and you mixed them together.  They were savage.  Remember I bought one the morning after the 1994 world cup final.  Was a lovely sunny July day.  

Don't know what happened to them. I only remember them existing in 1994.

Wasn’t there also a Max the Lion a mascot for a loada ice creams? Was it HB? You could also collect the sticks (provided they had the max the lion thing) and send it for prizes

Loads of those in the 90s. I remember myself and my mates drinking gallons of coke to get the sunglasses. Sunglasses arrived and they were brutal LOL

Also yo yo’s came back big time. Skittles branded, etc they were lethal. 

Cereals with savage toys in them. Used to get motorised cars and all. Digging the manky hand in to get it ahead of your sibling 

And remember when 90% of Easter eggs came with a mug. Great times 

I'm fairly certain that a couple of people came into school to show us how to do tricks with the yo-yo's LOL

The Easter egg mug was pure 90's.

Also, getting the tokens from the Weetabix boxes to get Roald Dahl books.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 8:49am
Championship Manager 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 11:13am

Anyone remember Dale Farm Twin Tub ice cream?

They were these small yoghurt sized pots a bit like Muller yoghurts with 2 sections.  One for vanilla ice cream and the other for chocolate sauce.  Think they came with a little spoon and you mixed them together.  They were savage.  Remember I bought one the morning after the 1994 world cup final.  Was a lovely sunny July day.  

Don't know what happened to them. I only remember them existing in 1994.

Wasn’t there also a Max the Lion a mascot for a loada ice creams? Was it HB? You could also collect the sticks (provided they had the max the lion thing) and send it for prizes

Loads of those in the 90s. I remember myself and my mates drinking gallons of coke to get the sunglasses. Sunglasses arrived and they were brutal LOL

Also yo yo’s came back big time. Skittles branded, etc they were lethal. 

Cereals with savage toys in them. Used to get motorised cars and all. Digging the manky hand in to get it ahead of your sibling 

And remember when 90% of Easter eggs came with a mug. Great times 

Ireland Squad player cards in Kellogs cereal in the run up to USA 94 Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 11:21am
I kept getting Alan Kernaghan and Alan Kelly.  I am sure it was a conspiracy to make you keep buying more boxes of corn flakes.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 11:27am

I kept getting Alan Kernaghan and Alan Kelly.  I am sure it was a conspiracy to make you keep buying more boxes of corn flakes.

LOL

First two that always come to mind when I think of those cards
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Championship Manager 

'04 was a peach of a game Clap
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Championship Manager 

This is the 90s thread. FRO
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 12:28pm

Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Championship Manager 

This is the 90s thread. FRO

mea culpa LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic