You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

51st&Green Lounge at Dublin Airport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballycastle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 51st&Green Lounge at Dublin Airport
    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 8:53am
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 12:20pm
I used it a couple of years ago , worth every penny & would 100% use again 

Why no wine??!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 12:26pm
Same, used it a few times and enjoyed it
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:11pm
Are pints included? Last time i read the description it wasn’t very clear
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:21pm
Ya very good lounge - Miles better than the Dublin airport one and the Aer Lingus one. Well worth the money as food is good in there too. Handy too because you are already through pre-clearance.
@Sham pints are included.

2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Ya very good lounge - Miles better than the Dublin airport one and the Aer Lingus one. Well worth the money as food is good in there too. Handy too because you are already through pre-clearance.
@Sham pints are included.

cheers Guf
Ballycastle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballycastle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:42pm
Cheers lads i was reading the small print and it states alcohol is limited to two drinks pp I wouldn't be going crazy on drinks before a transatlantic flight but still have you guys had any issues with getting drinks in there?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Ballycastle Ballycastle wrote:

Cheers lads i was reading the small print and it states alcohol is limited to two drinks pp I wouldn't be going crazy on drinks before a transatlantic flight but still have you guys had any issues with getting drinks in there?

I'd seven one day when my flight was delayed 

Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Ballycastle Ballycastle wrote:

I presume that refers to per visit to the bar 
Why no wine??!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 3:40pm
heading to USA in May.  Do you have to be flying business class to use this lounge? 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

heading to USA in May.  Do you have to be flying business class to use this lounge? 

Nope although they don't have to pay for it 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 4:05pm
Thumbs UpThumbs Up
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 4:08pm
what do you get free on these flights? Think we are flying BA but on an American Airlines plane,if that makes any sense🤔food and gargle free?
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 4:08pm
Free Food as well?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 4:27pm
Slightly related but do Aer Lingus do complimentary beers on their transatlantic? Flew delta airlines the last time and it was handy being able to order a beer without having to get the wallet out. 

Heading aer lingus this year, heard before they didn’t do alcohol complimentary on transatlantic but read an article from last year that said it was coming but not able to see on the website if it’s in operation. Anyone travel lately and able to confirm if it’s in or not?

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 4:28pm
Depends on your fare these days. You would have shown when booking 

Aer Lingus economy you get a meal and soft drinks.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

what do you get free on these flights? Think we are flying BA but on an American Airlines plane,if that makes any sense🤔food and gargle free?

Depends on Airline I guess. I would say that all do meals and soft drinks.
But for the meals you likely get what you are given or have limited choice.

We are going aer lingus and you can pre-book special meals, e.g. for the kids. Going to look into that as youngest would be a bit picky 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 4:40pm
you book Florida?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic