You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"40 Shades of Green" Book-Irish shirt history

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Toe Area Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 5:54pm
Been following your quest for a long time, glad to see some progress on the recognition front. I'll definitely be purchasing a copy. Any chance of signed copies?
Sponsored Links

irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Just getting this now, brilliant work Eddie and I'm sure it'll sell out.

Lovely gesture too dedicating it to James Nolan, could've been any of us it happened to.  RIP.

Best of luck Eddie. Clap

Thanks FW.It has been great to have James's family give their blessing to the project and its been a real privilege to get to know the family & his dad jimmy in particular.

WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 8:03pm
Great work Eddie good to see FAI involved too hopefully first steps towards museum
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by The Big Toe Area The Big Toe Area wrote:

Been following your quest for a long time, glad to see some progress on the recognition front. I'll definitely be purchasing a copy. Any chance of signed copies?

It wouldn't be possible to have the squad or players sign the book after its printed and before it goes on sale but I'm sure if you bring a copy to team hotel before/after a match the lads will oblige you.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Great work Eddie good to see FAI involved too hopefully first steps towards museum

I'm thankful to the FAI for their approval of the publication of the book and their encouragement.It will be the first time a book like this i believe will have been published about the FAI kit history and one of the first books on any international associations kits.

Hopefully it will raise the profile and start a public debate/discussion on a national football museum in this country.

As Joey the Lips says in The Commitments-"its a start,and I believe in starts".

The Big Toe Area View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Toe Area Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

It wouldn't be possible to have the squad or players sign the book after its printed and before it goes on sale but I'm sure if you bring a copy to team hotel before/after a match the lads will oblige you.

I meant your signature! You're the author/curator.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 8:27pm

I meant your signature! You're the author/curator.

Dad I really appreciate the support but a little more subtle next time!!!😉

Only joking bud.Listen if you want a copy signed i will oblige no problem at all.👍

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 5:48pm
Some brilliant news on the book front.I am delighted to say that both JACC Sports who look after the current New Balance kit contract with the FAI and Three Ireland have come on board with sponsorship and support for "40 Shades of Green".

As part of the link up, Three Ireland have also commissioned a new video piece for their #thecallup campaign which was filmed yesterday and will focus on the story of our historic and famous International football shirts as told thru the eyes of a supporter.

The book(250 copies only) is going to be sold exclusively on the FAI Online store(price to be confirmed)and I am hoping to arrange a special photo-shoot with members of the current Ireland squad wearing some of our older historical kits before the book launch to promote it.

I am looking to arrange a book launch event evening and plans are in early stages but hopefully we can arrange a fan centered evening that includes a pop up museum experience.I will keep YBIG updated if I can get it arranged.

My sincere thanks again to the FAI,JACC and Three Ireland and to the everyone who is supporting this project in big and small ways behind the scenes.

valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 7:17pm
ClapClapClap

Brilliant stuff Eddie! Keep us updated!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 8:02pm

Great stuff
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 8:16pm
Still tonnes of work to do on all aspects of the book but with 2 huge games coming up this week that could define our campaign the emotions are up!!

The book is finally starting to come together.Attached is a small teaser image of the books cover.Must admit it was lump on throat time when I saw it.

My thanks to Morgan O Brien a graphic artist who works with Galway United for giving his time & expertise to the project purely for the love of the game and to everyone helping behind the scenes who are answering #thecallup in their own ways to help me get this project over the line.

A big word of thanks to Jimmy Nolan and all the Nolan family for their support and encouragement.Hopefully we can deliver a book that will do justice to the memory of their son James.

Edited by irelandshirts - 04 Oct 2017 at 8:31pm

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 8:18pm
Eddie please just make sure it's "foreword" and not "forward" by Robbie Keane unless it's an intentional pun I dunno.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Eddie please just make sure it's "foreword" and not "forward" by Robbie Keane unless it's an intentional pun I dunno.

Was the 1st thing I noticed too lol
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 8:47pm
Ah lads your too quick on the draw!!!!We are still tweaking the final images and layout on cover with different shirt placements etc so just a mock up of logo style that is going to run thru the book with the old style numbers of the 1988/90 shirts.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 8:54pm
Best foot forward Eddie yeah?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 4:33pm

Ah lads your too quick on the draw!!!!We are still tweaking the final images and layout on cover with different shirt placements etc so just a mock up of logo style that is going to run thru the book with the old style numbers of the 1988/90 shirts.

Do you need anyone to do some editing for you?

"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Do you need anyone to do some editing for you?

Might do Rolo.Just finishing all content going to publishers currently so the bones of the book are done, its just got to be put together now.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 8:26pm
Last and very final images finished today and off to publisher tomorrow.Final layout/format/confirmation of book cover etc starts now.6-8 week process so hoping for a launch date of 4th December 2017.

Over 110 unique pieces of Irish International football history are included.The book will cover from Jack Charltons first game v Wales in 1986 to our last home game v Serbia in 2017.

This timespan covers over 220 Senior international matches,32 years,6 managers,6 major tournament finals and over 45 different outfield kits worn by the players not to mention the vast majority of goalkeepers shirts,all Irish tournament suits,boots,tracksuits and pendants are covered.

Hopefully will have some more images of the process as it goes along.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
  Share Topic