Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"40 Shades of Green" Book-Irish shirt history

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 11:11pm
Make that two.

Delighted for you Eddie. And hopefully this will form part of the portfolio to finally get that museum up and running!
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Great stuff Eddie.

Just make sure you have it proof read yeah?
Thats very foreword of you.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Great stuff Eddie.

Big smile
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 10:00am
Fair play Irelandshirts Clap

Image result for good luck with the book
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Great stuff Eddie.

A great choice as Robbie is still the greatest Foreword to ever play for us! 
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 1:09pm
The virtual museum website irelandsoccershirts.com and "40 Shades of Green" book project does not have a title sponsor or any sponsor for that matter.Apart from a recent successful Go Fund Me campaign to cover the last photo shoot, the project has been totally self funded by myself.

I am very grateful to Irelands leading goalscorer and appearance holder Robbie Keane for writing the forward to the book and lending his support to the project.

The FAI have also given support and co-operation and approval to the book project. Sportsfile have also been brilliant to me in support of the book project thus far.

The book is not a commercial venture for myself personally and as of today,even if all copies are sold when published it will still cost me money to get over the finish line.

I am hoping that any of the FAI main sponsors-Three Ireland, New Balance, SSE Airtricity, Spar, Aviva , DHL , Ford Ireland , Aviva Ireland , Fulfil Nutrition ,Bank of Ireland, DID Electrical or Ladbrokes would like to come on board to help support the books production.

Or if any other corporate sponsor who is reading this post and wants to get involved as the Title sponsor to the Museum website or just the book project please get in touch.

The FAI sponsors always invoke the support and passion of the Irish football fans in their ad campaigns. This Irish fan is bringing that support and passion to this project in the hope that it will invoke the same level of support and passion from our sponsors.

WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 2:49pm
Love how Robbie remembers James at the end , very touching Clap
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 7:20pm
Only seeing this thread now Eddie. 

YBIG will promote the book in the run up to the launch via our social media.  

can you do pre orer sales? So if say you think you'll sell more than the 250, you might bump the print to 350 and help you with the costs??

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

can you do pre orer sales? So if say you think you'll sell more than the 250, you might bump the print to 350 and help you with the costs??

Really appreciate that Bob.Always had huge support from YBIG.

It will easily sell the 250.The reason I've limited it to 250 copies is if I don't have a sponsor I wont be able to cover personally say the costs of 500 copies or 1000 copies.

I suppose I could look into pre sales as I've already had a lot of people contact me thru the website looking to make sure they get a copy.

Part of me tho would just like to have a good build up to the launch and create some interest.If its all sold before it launches you don't really get any exposure as its no good plugging a book no one has a chance of buying!!!

I also think that having a limited and numbered print run of a smaller number of copies makes it a bit for novel😉 and might create a bit more interest about it as hopefully it would make a nice,unique and relatively inexpensive Christmas gift for the Irish fan in your family.

Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 3:39pm
I'd buy one, although I'll be more inclined to wait for the full history. That will be a book every Irish fan should own.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Ibaraki Ibaraki wrote:

I'd buy one, although I'll be more inclined to wait for the full history. That will be a book every Irish fan should own.

That is in plainning stages for 2021 the centenary of the FAI.This book being designed that it will slip into the next one if you get me.

Edited by irelandshirts - 30 Jul 2017 at 6:40pm

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 8:18pm
I love how I don't have money for the first book but am already planning the second book.😁 As a wise man once said to me-"go big or go home".

Edited by irelandshirts - 30 Jul 2017 at 8:20pm

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Really appreciate that Bob.Always had huge support from YBIG.

It will easily sell the 250.The reason I've limited it to 250 copies is if I don't have a sponsor I wont be able to cover personally say the costs of 500 copies or 1000 copies.

I suppose I could look into pre sales as I've already had a lot of people contact me thru the website looking to make sure they get a copy.

Part of me tho would just like to have a good build up to the launch and create some interest.If its all sold before it launches you don't really get any exposure as its no good plugging a book no one has a chance of buying!!!

I also think that having a limited and numbered print run of a smaller number of copies makes it a bit for novel😉 and might create a bit more interest about it as hopefully it would make a nice,unique and relatively inexpensive Christmas gift for the Irish fan in your family.

send us a pm when closer to launch, some images of double page spread would be good 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Skripi91 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skripi91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 8:38am
Great foreword bei Keano.
Really looking forward for this book, can´t wait for the launch Thumbs Up
The Euros gonna hear the Irish ROAR
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 11:00am
Looking good! An excellent project - is there going to be an event for the launch?
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

Looking good! An excellent project - is there going to be an event for the launch?

Currently just trying to get the book to print shakeyshamrock and to find a sponsor to help support its costs so no launch event as yet planned but hopefully will be able to do something small.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 12:04pm
Some great news today on the book front.Small steps but important ones.

In the event that Ireland are involved in a World Cup Playoff in November i am hopeful that we will now be in a position to release it just before the home leg in November.

I am still hopeful of a major title sponsor of the FAI coming on board to sponsor the publication costs of the book and discussions are in progress with hopefully news early next week.

I have just had it confirmed that the book will be sold exclusively thru the FAI online shop www.faishop.com and i am very grateful to all those involved behind the scenes who helped to make this happen as every little bit of support helps greatly.

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 4:14pm
Just getting this now, brilliant work Eddie and I'm sure it'll sell out.

Lovely gesture too dedicating it to James Nolan, could've been any of us it happened to.  RIP.

Best of luck Eddie. Clap
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
  Share Topic