Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"40 Shades of Green" Book-Irish shirt history

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "40 Shades of Green" Book-Irish shirt history
    Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:11pm
"40 SHADES OF GREEN" THE HISTORY OF THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND SOCCER SHIRT 1986-2018

UPDATES ON TWITTER   @IRELANDSOCSHIRT

*9TH NOVEMBER 2017*

SECOND EDITION PRINT RUN NOW AVAILABLE

*****FOR LINK ADDRESS SEE FINAL POST BY ME ON PAGE 11 OF THIS THREAD*********

I am very pleased to announce that my book on the history of the humble Republic of Ireland soccer shirt from 1986 to 2018 is now available for *PRE ORDER.

Just in time for Christmas 2017 market so might be an ideal stocking filler for the Irish fan in your life.

The book will retail at €25.00

**FREE DELIVERY IF YOU SPEND €50.00 IE BUY 2 COPIES**

BOOKS TO BE DISPATCHED STARTING 24TH NOVEMBER 2017

The foreword has been written by Robbie Keane and with the approval of Jimmy and Essie Nolan will be dedicated to the memory of their son James Nolan who passed away in Poland in 2012.

The main aim of the book is to promote debate and raise awareness of our proud footballing history and how steps needs to be taken to preserve and display it for future generations to enjoy.

Further updates to follow as and when i have them on @IRELANDSOCSHIRT

Edited by irelandshirts - 16 Nov 2017 at 3:31pm
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:12pm
Clap
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:24pm
Well done

Got the Dalyer book last Christmas so looking forward to sowing up my Xmas 2017 list already
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 4:05pm
What will the book contain?

Will it just be pictures of Jerseys or will it contain stories in regards to them?
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 4:06pm
Great stuff, looking forward to it!
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Will it just be pictures of Jerseys or will it contain stories in regards to them?

It will mainly be images based so we start with jack Charltons first game as manager v Wales in 1986 and this was also Adidas first time as official kit supplier to the FAI.Images of Irish captain Liam Bradys shirt from the game will be interspersed with live action shots from the game with some commentary about the kit/style/design etc.

It is more of a nostalgic trip down memory lane rather than an in depth discussion on fabrics/textile production etc.

Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 4:36pm
Looking forward to seeing the book
depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 9:35pm
Really looking forward to this . Great memories will come flooding back when I see the jerseys

Edited by depechemode - 06 Jul 2017 at 9:36pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

It will mainly be images based so we start with jack Charltons first game as manager v Wales in 1986 and this was also Adidas first time as official kit supplier to the FAI.Images of Irish captain Liam Bradys shirt from the game will be interspersed with live action shots from the game with some commentary about the kit/style/design etc.

It is more of a nostalgic trip down memory lane rather than an in depth discussion on fabrics/textile production etc.

Cool sounds good
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 12:10pm
Great best of luck
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 5:27pm

Very honoured to announce that Irelands record appearances holder who also doubles as our all time leading goal scorer,Mr Robbie Keane has agreed to write the forward to "40 Shades of Green".

I know Jimmy Nolan,James father was instrumental in getting Robbie in board.Robbie has been hugely supportive of the Nolans since 2012 so I just want to put on record our appreciation for Robbies support with this project. #YBIG

greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 8:32pm
Great stuff Eddie
I know nothing :-)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 9:00pm
Great stuff Eddie.

Just make sure you have it proof read yeah?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 9:20pm
Nice one Eddie! I'll pick on up when I'm home around Christmas Thumbs Up
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Steve it looks like its going to be a numbered/ limited edition print run of just 250 copies which will be sold on line so Il give plenty of notice before they go on sale.

Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 9:30pm

Steve it looks like its going to be a numbered/ limited edition print run of just 250 copies which will be sold on line so Il give plenty of notice before they go on sale.

Please do Eddie. Thanks. You'll be an Internationally acclaimed author then Wink
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 9:30pm
Thumbs Up
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 10:25pm

[QUOTE=Steve Amsterdam] Nice one Eddie! I'll pick on up when I'm home around Christmas Thumbs Up

Steve it looks like its going to be a numbered/ limited edition print run of just 250 copies which will be sold on line so Il give plenty of notice before they go on sale.[/

Please do Eddie. Thanks. You'll be an Internationally acclaimed author then Wink

At least I know Il sell one copy!thanks Steve!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic