You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

35 Years Of Computer Football Games 1978-2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

It was Italia '90. 

Ireland were the only team excluded in the game, for reasons even today people wish to find out.

It was placed in the top 5 worst games of all time, I f**king loved that game as a kid LOL

Bastards leaving us out! A great game all the same!
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 9:28am
Dont think Fever Pitch Soccer for mega drive has been mentioned yet. As you won games against teams around the world you unlocked new players with better skills such as fire shots, ridiculous curlers, the "cheat" who's move was to dive. Simpler times
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 10:50am
Has This Is Football being mentioned yet? That was very good IIRC.

Viva Football was alright, more technical I think.

Libero Grande, from what little I remember of it, was a good idea executed poorly.

I think the modern FIFA and Pro Evo games are diminishing returns. Though both were very playable in the early 2000s. The 2004 Pro Evo game [I think] is probably the most addictive one I've ever played.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 12:22am
If I counted up the amount of hours I have spent playing a football game on the many different platforms over the years I would say it would be touching on a year of cumulative game play!

Kind of same as others, started on microprose on c64, then onto the FIFA’s on SNES and then PlayStation, with road to 98 really being The biggest revolution (I was not exposed to ISS until a couple years later). Remember staying in my friends house just after it came out and doing the full qualifying campaign for ireland and playing 2 player all the way until the final.
World Cup 98 then also had the anthems and stuff for first time and loved that too, plus it you could replay all the old World Cup finals, loved that feature. 
FIFA’s were then pretty standard after that but the Pro Evo 2 came along and that was the next revolution in football gaming. For the next 5 or so years it was all Pro Evo, that’s when it started getting competitive with friends. FIFA then came roaring back and it hasn’t really been a contest, even though Fifa still doesn’t give me the enjoyment that Pro Evo did for those few years. It’s so hard too these days online, everyone is sweaty.

I also loved to play in the arcades. Taito Cup finals I use to be so good at. Would love to play that again. Never forgot the day I took and scored my first hyper shot. 

ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 9:09am
Was only thinking, what happened to arcade games. You never see them anymore
The Bowling Alleys used to be full of them and there was an arcade in Dublin Airport
O Connell Street used to be full of them, havent Been in Quirkeys in years
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 9:39am
Yeah i was down in kilmuckridge last weekend and surprised to see arcade was closed down (looks like even pre-covid). Also nothing in rosslare. Countdown only has one left whereas there use to be 3. Shame, kids are missing out. 
Even Bray, the current indoor amusement place is nothing compared to the old one (where you also had bumper cars).

Most of the places like quirkeys or the place in the square they really focus on the gambling ones or ones where you win tokens towards shirty prizes. You don't see really games.

Super Sidekicks was the one in most of the places. Just googled and it seems they are all available on Playstation store. Think I might get myself super sidekicks 2 and go back in time.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 9:45am
What was the football game where the aim of was more to see who could be the dirtier player i.e. you gots more points for a red card then you got for a goal?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 9:54am
Alfredo Morelos Striker? 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 11:00am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Alfredo Morelos Striker? 

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 11:05am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

What was the football game where the aim of was more to see who could be the dirtier player i.e. you gots more points for a red card then you got for a goal?

Sounds like RedCard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RedCard_20-03
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

It was Italia '90. 

Ireland were the only team excluded in the game, for reasons even today people wish to find out.

It was placed in the top 5 worst games of all time, I f**king loved that game as a kid LOL

Bastards leaving us out! A great game all the same!

They couldn't make the game with a ball constantly in the air.  It was an football game.LOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic