You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

35 Years Of Computer Football Games 1978-2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dukla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 4:03pm
First games I got for the old Playstation were Formula 1 ones, Didn't get my first FIFA until 2003 sadly.

There is a shop called Rage on Fade Street near George's Arcade that sells old football games & old games in general Thumbs Up

Best football related game I ever got my hands on was this

Edited by Dukla - 23 Feb 2013 at 4:04pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

'Brian Cloughs Football Fortunes' - the late 80's / early 90's football management game. Played half and half on the computer and a board game. Excellent game, multiplayer available and all matches played out on the videy-printer!! The tension waiting for your teams score... Unreal!
I remember that videy-printer well - you'd swear we'd millions riding on the game

Originally posted by fochie fochie wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Fifa 96 - the last of the crazy 45 degree angle

Remember Fifa 97 then for some reason Del Piero was called "Del Piero Tonyon"
You could score from the kick off against sh*t teams on that one?Sega Yeah?

YEah scoring direct from kickoff. Think the main way to score was to run down the wing and shoot from out there. Usually the keeper would just dive sideways.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 7:29pm
My First Football game....

Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Johnner Johnner wrote:

Loved goal and hyper football for nes .

remember  a  nes  footy  game where  in each  game  you had  a  "power  up"  when  your  player  would  turn Orange and  do  a magic  overhead  kick  and  score  every  time LOL
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 9:56pm

My First Football game....

Yeah that was my one also. 

actually football manager for the Spectrum.  Graphics were unreal :)

any game with  great players such as Morley, Shaw and Withe  :) 

Edited by Baldrick - 23 Feb 2013 at 10:00pm
AKA pedantic kunt
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 10:05pm

YEah scoring direct from kickoff. Think the main way to score was to run down the wing and shoot from out there. Usually the keeper would just dive sideways.

Oh yeah. There was a sweet spot just before the corner of the 18 yard box. Kinda ruined the game a bitConfused
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Oh yeah. There was a sweet spot just before the corner of the 18 yard box. Kinda ruined the game a bitConfused

Any shot you took inside the box in FIFA 2000 automatically went in unless it was on World Class difficulty LOL
footballfortunes View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote footballfortunes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 12:33pm
Hey there, we've made the official reboot of Brian Clough's Football Fortunes in case you're interested. Check it out at https://www.footballfortunes.co.uk - www.footballfortunes.co.uk
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 8:34pm
World Cup 98 was probably my favourite football game growing up

Fantastic fun.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 9:16pm
I prefer Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 10:40pm
Can't remember the name of it, but we had a football game on the Sega as kids and if you kept slide tackling, you actually moved faster than running. In a 2 player game, chasing the ball just had 2 lads repeatedly slide tackling until 1 got to it!

Anyone recall this one?
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Can't remember the name of it, but we had a football game on the Sega as kids and if you kept slide tackling, you actually moved faster than running. In a 2 player game, chasing the ball just had 2 lads repeatedly slide tackling until 1 got to it!

Anyone recall this one?

Was it the Italia 90 game? 
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Anyone recall this one?

I don't think so as you couldn't pick Ireland in it but it did only feature international teams. Maybe 86 World Cup?
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 10:51pm

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Anyone recall this one?

I don't think so as you couldn't pick Ireland in it but it did only feature international teams. Maybe 86 World Cup?

If I remember correctly, the c*nts didn't have Ireland in the Italia 90 game. Great game for the bicycle kicks
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 10:52pm
It was Italia '90. 

Ireland were the only team excluded in the game, for reasons even today people wish to find out.

It was placed in the top 5 worst games of all time, I f**king loved that game as a kid LOL
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Hours of entertainmentClap
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 11:03pm
Another favourite of mine was Sega Soccer Slam.

How they haven't remastered it for the Switch is absolutely criminal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic