You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

35 Years Of Computer Football Games 1978-2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 9:36pm
Fifa 96 - the last of the crazy 45 degree angle

Remember Fifa 97 then for some reason Del Piero was called "Del Piero Tonyon"
Trap for Pope View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap for Pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 9:45pm
World cup for the NES was my first ever football game. Unreal Craic, think it was 4 vs 4, or 2 vs 2. with each team having a special attacking move you could use 5 times per half! You controlled one player and then could instruct a team mate to pass/shoot!

West Germany had a zig zag shot if If I recall correctly, it was 50/50 as to whether it burst the keeper in to the net or rose over for a goal kick!

Honorable mentions to ISS on the snes and to FIFA road to the world cup 98 for the PS1.
Living for Away days
Trap for Pope View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap for Pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Remember rushing to get home to play this, had mcateer on the cover for us against holland!!!
Living for Away days
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Anyone remember the This is Football games, they used be on Ps2. First game to have handballs, diving, and the goalie could get sent off. Brilliant is was think Rio Ferdinand on the front of one of them.

I mentioned the last one to be released, i thought that was a top notch game Thumbs Up Chris Kamara on co-commentary! John O'Shea was on the cover of the 04 version
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 10:06pm
f**k, completely forgot about del piero tognon! Big fan of fifa '97. Fifa '95 with the amazing Brian Plank for Germany, whatever Champ man it was had the super Tonton Zola Moukoko and the perfect trick of playing one-twos and being guaranteed a goal in PES 2 on the playstation one. Those were, indeed, the days.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

f**k, completely forgot about del piero tognon! Big fan of fifa '97. Fifa '95 with the amazing Brian Plank for Germany, whatever Champ man it was had the super Tonton Zola Moukoko and the perfect trick of playing one-twos and being guaranteed a goal in PES 2 on the playstation one. Those were, indeed, the days.

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Centre mid or right mid with a little attacking arrow!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

the super Tonton Zola Moukoko
Now playing in the 3rd division of Finnish football - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonton_Zola_Moukoko

Cherno Samba - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherno_Samba
BoboDub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoboDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 11:13pm
remember the computer games that were just big advertisements to buy stuff, like pushover (quavers) and zool (chupa chupa)?

the football game version was Adidas Power Soccer on the psx....
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by BoboDub BoboDub wrote:

remember the computer games that were just big advertisements to buy stuff, like pushover (quavers) and zool (chupa chupa)?

the football game version was Adidas Power Soccer on the psx....

that adidas power soccer was as fcukin unplayable. That predator shot was a pain the arse to do as you had to press triangle and X at the same time Angry
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 11:28pm

the background music was superb, on an endless loop but wouldn't drive ya insane, gonna get it going for football manager and really turn back the years Clap

Edited by Del-Piero - 23 Feb 2013 at 2:05am
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I recall Victor Ipkeba Nosa as well!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 12:12am
i remember premier manager 98 was £45 when it came out. It was the first accessible easy to get into manager sim compared to the unbelievably highly detailed championship manager games
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 12:17am
My mam paid for 50 pound for it Shocked can still remember seeing the price tag on it! I was fierce sickened though cause that was the only game I got with the PS1 along with the demo disc. I was only 7, I hadn't any patience or respect for all that management stuff yet! (little did I know nearly 15 years later I'd be be trying to be coaching for a living LOL)
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 12:39am
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 2:02am
Another honourable music mention goes to FIFA 98

best intro ever, FIFA 99 and PES 5 close 2nd's

Edited by Del-Piero - 23 Feb 2013 at 12:22pm
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 2:23am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Italia '90 on the Mega Drive Clap

We weren't on it for some bizzare reason Confused
and china were

Yere spot on lads LOL. Remember any time ya scored and the screen with the same generic player with the arm up in celebration 

You could only manage to score bicycle kicks from about 25 yards too
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 2:38am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Pro Evo 5 was my last love in terms of football games. After that they started to get too intense and less enjoyable for me. I cant have fun playing them anymore, you need to be on your game for the whole duration or you will concede. Its very draining. I can only play 2-3 games in a row and i am shattered.
You want to play Max Power in Fifa, that's draining. You need full concentration for the entire game.

We had some serious games man haha, gotta get another one in soon! I've always loved my FIFA though, been playin sice around Fifa 97 so it's the practise that makes perfect

Edited by Max Power - 23 Feb 2013 at 2:39am
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 2:43am
Great shout DP i loved Fifa 98 and the soundtrack was unreal Clap
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic