You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3 match ticket package

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:19pm
Anyone know what age classes as a child no? Brother is 17
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:23pm
Yeah, exactly. The three match package is basically the remaining matches on the season ticket so it's close to the same thing. You might not get automatic priority renewal for the same seats for next year the same as a season ticket holder would but, frankly, you didn't buy a season ticket at the start of the season, so I have no real problem with that.

The *idea* is a very good one (as in, only having these "hat trick" tickets for sale until shortly before each match at which stage individual tickets go on sale) but the execution may not be the best in the world. Obviously, there are concerns over the pricing level (although if they manage to sell all they want to at the prices they have set, all good) and the Christmas thing as I pointed out before. The potential for a jersey & ticket package (which I think they put together last year), or a family package (including jersey, if desired), might increase sales.

I have one other concern - the priority given to season ticket holders to buy extra individual tickets for the England game. Again, in theory, this is a good idea. However, basically, for every extra ticket a season ticket holder buys for the England game, that leaves one less seat for the three game package. Season ticket holders should also be offered priority access to the three match package. If they only buy extra tickets for the England game, it means problems. It means they then have to sell tickets for the same seats *individually* for the Scotland and Poland games. I think we all know where the majority of those individual tickets will go. Season ticket holders should be given a discount on extra tickets for all three games compared to the list prices of €120, €160 and €200, assuming the FAI want the stadium full of Ireland fans in the home end and not away fans.

With the England tickets on sale for €49.50, it would be easy to persuade someone to pay twice that for tickets for Scotland and Poland on top, and it would remove those tickets from Scottish or Polish hands. €100, €140 and €180 for the "hat trick" packages for people who are already season ticket holders would seem fair enough, albeit they then lose priority access to even more England tickets (fair enough, frankly, as they would already have used up that access). Those prices are basically just a €20 discount on the full prices. I know I could persuade a few mates to pay €100 for tickets for the three games but could well have difficulty telling them tickets are €120 or €160.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 19 Nov 2014 at 4:39pm
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:24pm
I would buy a season ticket if i lived at home,but the truth is that i do go to way more away games than homes,( this campaign Georgia,Germany,Gibraltar and Poland away) , have booked flights for Poland at home and will book Scotland at home soon,doubt i will have the time off to make the England game,so i really hope there will be an option to purchase single tickets for each game.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
caseballs View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caseballs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by EastStandMan EastStandMan wrote:

Hate using online to buy anything . Does anyone know if there is a shop etc I can go into and buy the tickets with cash ??. 

Just send me your credit card and bank details and I'll sort it out for you. Don't worry you can trust me, I am a Nigerian Prince. Handshake

Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:27pm

Hate using online to buy anything . Does anyone know if there is a shop etc I can go into and buy the tickets with cash ??. 

Call Marty Mcfly!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Season tickets were €138, €186 and €246.

If tickets are €120, €160 and €200, that means you've got three games already for €18, €26 and €46, with the next three games being way, way, way more expensive (although of course there is a difference between the games).

€100, €130 and €160 would even be fair. However, if they can sell them at those prices, fair play to them, but I think they might be charging a bit much.

Not having them on sale before Christmas is absolutely retarded, though.

So the season ticket was great value??

For the extra €18 we got Oman, Gibraltar, the USA and the FAI Cup Final.

Some people will never be happy, wanting better value for the ST and when it turns out great value they moan about the cost of individual tickets being too dear.

Yeah, of course season tickets were great value. I just think they may have priced these wrong and may have difficulty selling packages at this price. That's my point; I am not complaining about the prices of season tickets at all. I am a season ticket holder (obviously) and I have no need to buy any of these packages. I want the FAI to sell these tickets to Ireland fans and I want the stadium to be full for each of the three games, with Ireland fans, but I think the FAI may have priced these tickets a little higher than they should have. I don't think they will sell them all at these prices.

Like I said, if they sell them at these prices, great.

Also, it turns out they are on sale right now, just that tickets won't be delivered until shortly before the matches, which is fine. You get a downloadable voucher yoke, which is grand.

I am *not* complaining about them being "too dear" insofar as I would be willing to pay that much if I wasn't a season ticket holder, just that I think they won't sell all the tickets they want to at that price, and it will result in individual tickets going on sale and being bought by away fans.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 19 Nov 2014 at 4:35pm
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by caseballs caseballs wrote:

Just send me your credit card and bank details and I'll sort it out for you. Don't worry you can trust me, I am a Nigerian Prince. Handshake

LOL . 
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Call Marty Mcfly!

Has he a brother called Micky LOL . 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:39pm
€120 for the sh*ttest seats for 3 games after we just lost a crucial qualifier.

They are taking the piss at that price. 

And as usual with the FAI, they have f**ked this up big time
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

So how much should they be charging?

If they charged say €90,would that not be an insult to the people who forked out for a season ticket?

Personally I don't give a sh*t, I've my season ticket, and felt it was good value at the time.

I know nothing :-)
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Call Marty Mcfly!

Rang the FAI - they are getting back to me re info on buying tickets Thumbs Up. Feel like a bit of a tit tbh - never bought tickets before online . 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:53pm

If they charged say €90,would that not be an insult to the people who forked out for a season ticket?

Personally I don't give a sh*t, I've my season ticket, and felt it was good value at the time.

Season tickets in the sh*ttest section were €138 for 7 games. So the Cup final and the 3 internationals this year were only worth €18?!

This is a package so this should also provide value, if not as much as the initial ST. I think €90 would be far more reasonable and how could STers complainConfused It would mean they got 4 games for 48 quid. €12 a match.

If you want to be pedantic, a round €100 for the 3 game package would be a lot more attractive than the overpriced current offering.

Edited by Kerrzy - 19 Nov 2014 at 4:54pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:55pm
Well, €138, €186 and €246 were the prices originally.

Removing €20 for each of the three games to date (category C), plus €10 for the cup final, leaves you at about €70, or half the original cost. Removing only €18 is crazy and (this is the important point) not really an incentive for people to pay that for three games. Remember, these are people who were not big enough fans to buy season tickets in the first place, so now you are trying to sell them tickets at a significant premium to what more dedicated fans already paid for season tickets.

Any economics undergraduate will tell you that you aren't going to sell many tickets with that strategy. Demand has lowered (that is, season ticket holders have bought tickets already), supply is still plentiful, so increasing prices, by this much, is mad..... and increases the odds of single game ticket sales and away fans in the home end.

It should have been no more than €100 (€99 would make for easier advertising, too) for the cheapest tickets for the three games.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 5:00pm

Season tickets in the sh*ttest section were €138 for 7 games. So the Cup final and the 3 internationals this year were only worth €18?!

This is a package so this should also provide value, if not as much as the initial ST. I think €90 would be far more reasonable and how could STers complainConfused It would mean they got 4 games for 48 quid. €12 a match.

If you want to be pedantic, a round €100 for the 3 game package would be a lot more attractive than the overpriced current offering.

Or how about qualifiers and England are €45 each  friendlys €30 each or €240, so the ST gives a discount of 40% approx and a free ticket to the FAI Cup Final, a great deal for ST holders.

A hat trick package gives a €5 per match discount.

Will they sell the tickets at €120, who knows but they can always reduce them if not selling, of the sell too cheap they cant increase the price  
I know nothing :-)
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 5:07pm
I've not problem with people who bought tickets first day getting better prices, it's only right that it works out at €20/game or whatever for them.

My point is that the seats I normally sit in were €37 for the Germany game 2 years ago, likely to be the same again (So in theory €114 - €130/€140 for the three this year).

If I want to buy those as a season ticket they want €160.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 5:32pm

Or how about qualifiers and England are €45 each  friendlys €30 each or €240, so the ST gives a discount of 40% approx and a free ticket to the FAI Cup Final, a great deal for ST holders.

A hat trick package gives a €5 per match discount.

Will they sell the tickets at €120, who knows but they can always reduce them if not selling, of the sell too cheap they cant increase the price  

GF I know the ST was value. And nobody is disputing that.

It was €20 for a Cat C for the Oman, Gib and US matches.

I dont know how that has any relevance though?

They cant reduce the price. If they did, it would mean that they would have very unhappy customers who purchased before the price reduction.

All that this inflated priced package is going to do is put people off buying these. This will result in more tickets going on general sale. This will result in more home fans in our section. 

Do you want this? Because if you don't your argument doesn't stack up
Byrne91 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Byrne91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Anyone know what age classes as a child no? Brother is 17

Pretty sure 16 is adult pal
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 5:53pm
17 is definitely adult. Definitely. Not sure if child is under 16 or 16 and under, but 17 is adult.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic