You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3 match ticket package

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

120 and the season ticket cost 135??Thumbs Down

Ridiculous pricing structure. Typical from the FAI. They have an opportunity to capitalize on decent fixtures and get a full house but they price a lot out of the market although pricing for kids is good.

Upper Tier - €100
Lower Tier - €120
Premium - €140  ----- This would have been the perfect structure to get everyone behind the team.

Anyone know if ticketmaster can do a "only post to Ireland" function. We need to keep the Scots out of our section.
Sponsored Links

colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 12:22pm
It had to be that price IMO. I could be wrong but as far as I remember the extra England ticket would have been €50 if you wanted it when buying season ticket. If the new hat-trick package was €100 then that would leave tickets for the qualifiers €25 each.
I reckon the poles will buy packages and sell the England and Scotland tickets handy enough
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 12:30pm
Ticket office just rang me.I was asking about my deposit for Scotland game and queried this when they called.
They basically said they are charging those prices because of the good fixtures.Thumbs Down
They can post out a gift card type thing before xmas and tickets will be sent on in the new year.Confused

If the FAI didnt want away fans getting tickets in the home section couldnt they just refuse anyone without an Irish address?

Edited by rossieman - 19 Nov 2014 at 12:30pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Ticket office just rang me.I was asking about my deposit for Scotland game and queried this when they called.
They basically said they are charging those prices because of the good fixtures.Thumbs Down
They can post out a gift card type thing before xmas and tickets will be sent on in the new year.Confused

If the FAI didnt want away fans getting tickets in the home section couldnt they just refuse anyone without an Irish address?

Then they're alienating fans like me living outside of Ireland, which makes another problem for them.

The solution is to accept fans with a purchase history. Either an FAI or Ticketmaster account.

Edited by coyne - 19 Nov 2014 at 12:34pm
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Then they're alienating fans like me living outside of Ireland, which makes another problem for them.

The solution is to accept fans with a purchase history. Either an FAI or Ticketmaster account.
True,didnt think off that.
FAI will sell them to anyone .They will just want a full house for all games.
Jbyrne View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbyrne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 1:39pm

most of the poles in attendance will be Irish based with Irish addresses. a lot of scots will have relations etc here and would find a way around such a policy.
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 1:43pm
They should offer season ticket holders/Loi clubs/supporter clubs a chance to buy extras before putting them on general sale to limit the number that could potentially fall into poles/scots hands. This along with the hat-trick package is about as much they can do
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 2:05pm
Season tickets were €138, €186 and €246.

If tickets are €120, €160 and €200, that means you've got three games already for €18, €26 and €46, with the next three games being way, way, way more expensive (although of course there is a difference between the games).

€100, €130 and €160 would even be fair. However, if they can sell them at those prices, fair play to them, but I think they might be charging a bit much.

Not having them on sale before Christmas is absolutely retarded, though.
D24 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 2:28pm
Just wondering lads what the chances are of being refused having a child's ticket. I'm an old enough looking 19 but I've been to many a friendly with a child's ticket. Will they be stricter for the likes of these sellout games do yee reckon?
< name="Remote" allowtransparency="true" style=": ; left: -999px; top: -999px; width: 1px; height: 1px;">
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 2:44pm
You can buy them now you just won't receive the actual ticket/tickets until into the new year.

I didnt bother with the season ticket this year,will it be hard to pick up tickets for these 3 games other than buying this package? 

Any chance of getting SS tickets ?
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 2:57pm
So you can no longer get season tickets? That's the little brothers Christmas present out the window since there is no Student option.

Or does he qualify for a child ticket being 17?

Edited by Deane - 19 Nov 2014 at 3:17pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 3:24pm
quite pricey. Our 135 Euro SS tickets were Cat C were they? What was the Cat B for the 6 games? I was saying to me dad last night that they would probably be 100. If you break down the price for the tickets on qualifiers and friendlies on a match by match basis in the first half versus the second half then it's a lot dearer which would be fair enough of the FAI had a ticketing policy like category A for big games and B for others but that is not the case so it seems a little unfair or another word greedy!

Edited by t_rAndy - 19 Nov 2014 at 3:25pm
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

So you can no longer get season tickets? That's the little brothers Christmas present out the window since there is no Student option.

Or does he qualify for a child ticket being 17?
No more season tickets ,I asked her this morning when they called.
I dunno know about the age on children tickets.

Edited by rossieman - 19 Nov 2014 at 4:14pm
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

quite pricey. Our 135 Euro SS tickets were Cat C were they? What was the Cat B for the 6 games? I was saying to me dad last night that they would probably be 100. If you break down the price for the tickets on qualifiers and friendlies on a match by match basis in the first half versus the second half then it's a lot dearer which would be fair enough of the FAI had a ticketing policy like category A for big games and B for others but that is not the case so it seems a little unfair or another word greedy!

116 is classed as CAT B for this scheme so I presume the SS is the same.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 3:50pm
Sure the cup final was two weeks ago
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Season tickets were €138, €186 and €246.

If tickets are €120, €160 and €200, that means you've got three games already for €18, €26 and €46, with the next three games being way, way, way more expensive (although of course there is a difference between the games).

€100, €130 and €160 would even be fair. However, if they can sell them at those prices, fair play to them, but I think they might be charging a bit much.

Not having them on sale before Christmas is absolutely retarded, though.

So the season ticket was great value??

For the extra €18 we got Oman, Gibraltar, the USA and the FAI Cup Final.

Some people will never be happy, wanting better value for the ST and when it turns out great value they moan about the cost of individual tickets being too dear.

I know nothing :-)
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:17pm
I paid 108 for my season ticket although it was student ticket but shocking stuff all together. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:17pm
Hate using online to buy anything . Does anyone know if there is a shop etc I can go into and buy the tickets with cash ??. 
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic