You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2nd/3rd clubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2nd/3rd clubs
    Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 11:17am
Does anyone have a soft spot for a team that you have no real connection to?

For me it's go ahead eagles in the dutch league. I used to always hear their name on Eurogoals on Eurosport as a kid and think it was cool.

I've been managing them in football manager for years and always look out for their scores in real life. I'm gonna try make it to deventer some time for a game.

Edited by Flanno7hi - 13 Dec 2013 at 11:18am
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 11:40am
If you are going from the Football manager games would have to St. Pauli I remember taking them to Bundesliga glory in 4 years in LMA 2006 all theway from Bundesliga North division.

Always had a soft spot for Everton seems my Dad supports them and like to see them do well for that reason
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 1:40pm
man utd and napoli

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

man utd and napoli
Any reasons Shoco?

I always liked Lazio when i used to watch Serie A as a kid. Mainly because of Beppe Signori's one step penos. What a legend.
IG @flanno_7hi
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 2:05pm
good few on here support two clubs from what i can see. 

in terms of a soft spot: everton in the premiership, dortmund and napoli on the continent
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 2:07pm
Any clubs with a good representation of Irish. So right now, Everton for me.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

man utd and napoli
Any reasons Shoco?

I always liked Lazio when i used to watch Serie A as a kid. Mainly because of Beppe Signori's one step penos. What a legend.

i remember rte used to show Serie a hilights on a monday evening years ago, also didnt have sky in the house when i was younger so the only live footie you would see was on channel 4 on on sunday, always liked because of that.

i used to play those play by mail fantasy manager games that were in the back of match/shoot magazines when we were in school, had a really good napoli team in it so i guess its from there

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
newrygreen View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrygreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 2:59pm
Keep an eye out for Duisburg ever since we beat them in the Inter-toto cup back in 1999
Twitter: @50SavesOfDeGea
Northerner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Northerner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 3:02pm
Any Belfast Linfield or Glasgow Rangers sympathisers?
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Northerner Northerner wrote:

Any Belfast Linfield or Glasgow Rangers sympathisers?

TonyJaa is your man.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 3:04pm
I have way too many of these,some of them fairly random and for no real reason.The main ones that I'd keep an eye on would be Valencia(mainly because of Vicente and Aimar back in the day),Juve(growing up watching Football Italia when they had the likes of Del Piero and Zizou).I have a strange fascination with Partizan Belgrade too,it's one of my aims in life to make the derby at the Partizan stadium
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 3:05pm
Always had a soft spot for Sampdoria back in the good aul days of Football Italia, just because I liked their jersey at the time, think ERG was the sponsor?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Always had a soft spot for Sampdoria back in the good aul days of Football Italia, just because I liked their jersey at the time, think ERG was the sponsor?
Ah yeah. quality jersey. The one with the huge collar and the strings?

Edited by Flanno7hi - 13 Dec 2013 at 3:14pm
IG @flanno_7hi
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 3:17pm
sampdoria jersey was class. loved serie a back then

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 3:17pm
Ajax
Real Madrid
Boca Juniors
Dukla Prague
Wisla Krakow
Fiorentina
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 3:22pm

I would say I have a team in most countries whose results I look out and hope they do well would be as follows:

England: Newcastle(who i support), Everton
Italy: Inter Milan
Germany: Dortmund, st.Pauli
France: PSG, Lille
Holland: Ajax
Greece: Panathainkos
Sweden: Malmo
Denmark: used to be brondby but now Randers FC after went to a game this year
USA: Chicago Fire

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Yeah great jersey.

Had a big soft spot for Parma in the mid 90s as their team was great to watch and again the jersey was pretty cool! They had the likes of Zola, Asprilla, Dino Baggio, Brolin(before he became the overweight mess that fell around the pitch in a Palace jersey). Later on then they got the likes of Cannavo, Buffon, Crespo.

Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I would say I have a team in most countries whose results I look out and hope they do well would be as follows:

England: Newcastle(who i support), Everton
Italy: Inter Milan
Germany: Dortmund, st.Pauli
France: PSG, Lille
Holland: Ajax
Greece: Panathainkos
Sweden: Malmo
Denmark: used to be brondby but now Randers FC after went to a game this year
USA: Chicago Fire

Do you follow all those teams. Keep up with the players etc?

IG @flanno_7hi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic