You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2022 World Cup Qualifiers Group A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 52>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 11:59am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

It has to be a good thing s the manger will have max 2 to 3 days with the squad before the game  

It can work both ways I suppose but when it comes to an unpredictable team like Serbia, I'm not sure if it makes that much difference in their case.

They'll be very dangerous anyway and a lot more capable of taking points of Portugal than us. I think they'll get a result at home to Portugal probably a draw and realistically we're going to have to get 4 points off them to finish ahead of them. 

Two draws won't be enough as they're bound to get more out of their meetings with Portugal than we will plus they don't play Portugal away until the last game which isn't good for us. 

Yes. Both Serb and Ireland will drop points against the weaker two. Going by NL results, Lux will take points. 
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 11:45am
Ronaldo certainly won't be retiring before the Qatar world cup. Hopefully he does the business against the Serbs in March. 

http://https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55491417

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Ronaldo certainly won't be retiring before the Qatar world cup. Hopefully he does the business against the Serbs in March. 

http://https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55491417

He said he would retire after Qatar but the Portugal team is better than it was 4 years ago and he will still be fit and scoring goals so he may fancy another crack at the Euro’s in 24. 

He has scored at every major tournament he has played at.
He will break the Euro record, just needs one more.

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 2:18pm
According to multiple media reports Savo Milosevic will be the new manager of the Serbian national team. 

Good news for us??
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
belgradeboy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote belgradeboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 6:44pm
Firstly, Happy new year to all of you!

Yes ,not official yet, but 99% true that he will be the coach, 11th January is a deadline.
It's huge advance for you, Savo Milosevic till now was a coach of Partizan Belgrade without success.
His team played unorganized ,  played attacking style but without results.

That news are something what we (football fans) was afraid of, all of us wanted Dragan Stojkovic (still possible option according to last news), but our corrupted FA took the best solution....for them of course.

All i have to say is that we will miss another big competition. Official shut down (windows sound behind LOL)  for Serbian national team. :)

Edited by belgradeboy - 05 Jan 2021 at 6:48pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 7:35pm
never knew his grandad shot and killed his father.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belgradeboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 7:48pm
Ha, yes, crazy. It happened several years ago.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

According to multiple media reports Savo Milosevic will be the new manager of the Serbian national team. 

Good news for us??
Was quality for Osasuna Clap
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by belgradeboy belgradeboy wrote:

Firstly, Happy new year to all of you!

Yes ,not official yet, but 99% true that he will be the coach, 11th January is a deadline.
It's huge advance for you, Savo Milosevic till now was a coach of Partizan Belgrade without success.
His team played unorganized ,  played attacking style but without results.

That news are something what we (football fans) was afraid of, all of us wanted Dragan Stojkovic (still possible option according to last news), but our corrupted FA took the best solution....for them of course.

All i have to say is that we will miss another big competition. Official shut down (windows sound behind LOL)  for Serbian national team. :)

Thank you for the post and the info. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belgradeboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 2:43pm
Total turnaround happened.
It seems like Dragan Stojkovic will definitely be our new coach. According to latest news he accepted 1 million euros contract with our FA.

Less than two months left to the match, let's see how will he set up the team..

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 6:46pm
getting closer to the start, we need a min 4 points and score a bloody goal from Serbia (A) and Lux (H) 
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

getting closer to the start, we need a min 4 points and score a bloody goal from Serbia (A) and Lux (H) 
That would be a fantastic set of results after what we have seen for the last year or two. 

It is up to either Portugal or Serbia to completely fall apart as well as drop points to Luxembourg or Azerbaijan if we're going to finish top 2. 

I think it is another transition period. Our eyes will be on Germany 2024 before long. 

My main hope is that fans will be going by September/October LOL
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 9:15pm
Seeking 4 pts from 6 is fantasy-stuff.
We have no goal-scorers or creative players to speak of.
Stealing a 0-0 over in Belgrade would be a stroke.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

That would be a fantastic set of results after what we have seen for the last year or two. 

It is up to either Portugal or Serbia to completely fall apart as well as drop points to Luxembourg or Azerbaijan if we're going to finish top 2. 

I think it is another transition period. Our eyes will be on Germany 2024 before long. 

My main hope is that fans will be going by September/October LOL

I'm shivering at the prospect of Portugal hockeying us in both games so forget about them falling apart. We're not anywhere near realistically a challenger for top spot given Portugal's pedigree. 

Serbia have us, Portugal & Azerbaijan in March. Even if they drop points at home to us, they are more capable of taking any points of Portugal than we are so if they can get a draw against Portugal, it will mitigate the damage of us taking points off them in Belgrade.  

If they get that home point against Portugal, we will certainly have to beat them at home in September. 

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Seeking 4 pts from 6 is fantasy-stuff.
We have no goal-scorers or creative players to speak of.
Stealing a 0-0 over in Belgrade would be a stroke.

Ah come on, it's hardly fantasy stuff. 

It's our most realistic aim and we're capable of doing it. 

There's no guarantee the Serbs will beat us but I do think they will scrape it by a goal all the same. 

I think we will finally have a win and beat Azerbaijan at home and I'm a glass half empty pessimistic type Wink
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 9:32pm
This is the same Serbian team that was beaten by Scotland recently? If we played Scotland Aqua would you be calling a draw unrealistic. 

Serbia likely winners perhaps but not a gimme for them by any means against us. Set up well hit the on the counter a bit too a team that might come out and play against us might suit too.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

This is the same Serbian team that was beaten by Scotland recently? If we played Scotland Aqua would you be calling a draw unrealistic. 

Serbia likely winners perhaps but not a gimme for them by any means against us. Set up well hit the on the counter a bit too a team that might come out and play against us might suit too.

Who are you aiming that at? LOL
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 10:23pm
I think Portugal have a great chance of winning the Euros again in June, if it goes ahead of course, surely it will be grand. They have a lot of younger players coming through along with all the top names a lot of whom are in top form. Away from home against the European champions a tough ask for any side. As has been said by many it’s all about Serbia.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 52>
  Share Topic