You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2022 World Cup Qualifiers Group A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 52>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 10:38pm
Or just play them in Portugal.
Sponsored Links

Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 10:52pm
I'm really surprised lads are booking flights to Luxembourg not to mind Azerbaijan. Wait five months and pay the extra €50. I'd love to book away trips, gigs and weekends away but it's too much of a risk for not much of a financial gain if it comes off.
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Or just play them in Portugal.

Or Azerbaijan.
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 1:32am
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

I'm really surprised lads are booking flights to Luxembourg not to mind Azerbaijan. Wait five months and pay the extra €50. I'd love to book away trips, gigs and weekends away but it's too much of a risk for not much of a financial gain if it comes off.
On Tuesday the flights to Lisbon with aerlingus were €107 return by Wednesday evening they were €660, I booked with the Portuguese airline for €130 return. If I cant travel because of restrictions its not the end of the world but paying out over €500 for a flight In march when we know for sure would annoy me knowing I could have got it a lot lot cheaper. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 6:40am

Luxembourg is the least of the risks,later in the year , definitely in Luxembourg and these earliest people can travel is the Friday so happy to take a punt 

Azer - too pricey to risk plus haven’t worked out a sensible route 

Portugal - might make a week of it but not 100% confirmed Lisbon though probably likely 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

On Tuesday the flights to Lisbon with aerlingus were €107 return by Wednesday evening they were €660, I booked with the Portuguese airline for €130 return. If I cant travel because of restrictions its not the end of the world but paying out over €500 for a flight In march when we know for sure would annoy me knowing I could have got it a lot lot cheaper. 
They're only at that price because most airlines don't even have flights scheduled for the new year yet. With Covid, most airlines have massively cut back schedules, they'll bump them back to normal once we get the vaccine rolled out

Edited by Shedite - 11 Dec 2020 at 10:26am
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

They're only at that price because most airlines don't even have flights scheduled for the new year yet. With Covid, most airlines have massively cut back schedules, they'll bump them back to normal once we get the vaccine rolled out
You are probably right and extra flights will be scheduled as this will be our first away in nearly 2 years but flights will still be in the region of €300. Personally I can't see there been a problem with travel in 8 months time it might mean we have to pay for a vaccine as my time for the free government one will not have come around by then. 
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 1:47pm

I agree prices will drop but I doubt you will get the direct flights the day before and the day after the game for less than 300 if the games goes ahead with fans. 

Yes it probably will be possible to get to Lisbon for 107 return albeit with `13 hours in Warsaw (with a change of airports) on the way over and 9 in Bergamo on the way back.  I'm exaggerating a little but you get my point.

The 107 is a gamble.  It could be played in Faro or Porto.  It could be behind closed doors.  It could be limited capacity and home fans only.   Even if one of those happens there is also a good chance one of the flights gets moved a few hours and you can claim a refund.  

Who knows what will happen next year but I'm very hopeful that these vaccines will be game changers.  Normal crowds in September is likely in my opinion but I've no medical training so maybe my opinion is not worth a lot.  
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 2:27pm
€37 for direct to Lisbon the Thursday before the game won’t get it for any better than that anyway. Should surely be allowed to travel by then, will make the week of it anyway as have never been in Lisbon before.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 6:32pm
Unless flights are very cheap I wouldn't bother booking them as it's still a bit of a risk. I've booked accommodation in Baku, Lisbon & Luxembourg with no prepayment & free cancellation though. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 11:48pm

You are probably right and extra flights will be scheduled as this will be our first away in nearly 2 years but flights will still be in the region of €300. Personally I can't see there been a problem with travel in 8 months time it might mean we have to pay for a vaccine as my time for the free government one will not have come around by then. 

Good post.
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 8:47pm
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Serbia will have a new manager when we meet them: https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020/1214/1184416-ireland-opponents-serbia-part-ways-with-boss-tumbakovic/.
Hopefully that'll work in our favour. Can't see why it wouldn't, considering it'd be the new managers first game. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Serbia will have a new manager when we meet them: https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020/1214/1184416-ireland-opponents-serbia-part-ways-with-boss-tumbakovic/.
Hopefully that'll work in our favour. Can't see why it wouldn't, considering it'd be the new managers first game. 

Slovakia did the same and it didn't do the north much favours last month. 

Serbia will still be a tough nut away. Hopefully the lack of atmosphere will help us get a result. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 7:42am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Serbia will still be a tough nut away. Hopefully the lack of atmosphere will help us get a result. 
Last time we played Serbia away they had a new Manager and should have won that game , now he did get them to the World Cup .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 8:00am
It has to be a good thing s the manger will have max 2 to 3 days with the squad before the game  
AKA pedantic kunt
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Last time we played Serbia away they had a new Manager and should have won that game , now he did get them to the World Cup .

Yeah but he had 3-4 games before we played them, so he had a chance to work with the squad
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

It has to be a good thing s the manger will have max 2 to 3 days with the squad before the game  

It can work both ways I suppose but when it comes to an unpredictable team like Serbia, I'm not sure if it makes that much difference in their case.

They'll be very dangerous anyway and a lot more capable of taking points of Portugal than us. I think they'll get a result at home to Portugal probably a draw and realistically we're going to have to get 4 points off them to finish ahead of them. 

Two draws won't be enough as they're bound to get more out of their meetings with Portugal than we will plus they don't play Portugal away until the last game which isn't good for us. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 52>
  Share Topic