You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2022 World Cup - Permutations - see page 17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 43>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 9:46pm
Croatia
Ireland
Greece
Georgia
Cyprus
Malta 

would be lovely. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Sponsored Links

xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by flaghunter flaghunter wrote:

He means our only chance of WC qualification is now via finishing in the top 2 in our group which would be more likely if we were second seeds. 

Cheers Thumbs Up
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

He means our only chance of WC qualification is now via finishing in the top 2 in our group which would be more likely if we were second seeds. 

Cheers Thumbs Up

But we came bottom of our group and missed top 2 last time and still got playoff. Is it different this time?
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Cheers Thumbs Up

But we came bottom of our group and missed top 2 last time and still got playoff. Is it different this time?

Yep need to win your NL group to have a chance
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 10:37pm

Croatia
Ireland
Greece
Georgia
Cyprus
Malta 

would be lovely. 
Georgia again - would ye fook off! LOL

Would be a decent group apart from that though. Who knows - we might even get to travel to some of them. Shocked
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 10:40am
When exactly is the draw
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 12:50pm
29th Nov.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

29th Nov.

It's been moved to an unspecified date in December. I assume they'll announce the draw date after the group games are completed next month. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
flaghunter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flaghunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 9:34am
Covid didn't seem to cause too much disruption the past weekend - imagine it's unlikely the next international window will be postponed now?

Dan McDonnell said on Off The Ball last week he saw it as a 50-50 chance that the November fixtures would go ahead - if they were cancelled we are currently 2nd seeds.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 1:22pm

Covid didn't seem to cause too much disruption the past weekend - imagine it's unlikely the next international window will be postponed now?

Dan McDonnell said on Off The Ball last week he saw it as a 50-50 chance that the November fixtures would go ahead - if they were cancelled we are currently 2nd seeds.

They'd still have to allow the euro playoffs to go ahead I'd imagine as it's only involving 4 fixtures. This will then bump us down to Pot 3. Even if the November games do go ahead and we get 4 points I still think it's more likely we'll probably end up in Pot 3 tbh. 

Edited by irishmufc - 19 Oct 2020 at 1:24pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 1:52pm
Based on the numbers a few pages back, Slovakia are 14 pts below us.
How many pts will Slovakia get if they win that match?
I can't see any of the rest come into contention?

Iceland play Hungary.  Iceland way back but Hungary on same pts as Slovakia.
But if they beat Iceland, they beat a team lower than them so cannot see them close the gap assuming Slovakia can't?

Scotland are 40 pts back so I doubt a win (even over lofty Serbia) can claw them into contention.

Who are we expecting (bar Slovakia) to catch us?

Edited by Fozz - 19 Oct 2020 at 2:30pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

29th Nov.

It's been moved to an unspecified date in December. I assume they'll announce the draw date after the group games are completed next month. 

Cant believe they haven't fixed a date for thisCry at least it would be something to look forward to in December  
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 2:03pm
so you can book more flights with Ryanair that you will be seeking refunds on 
AKA pedantic kunt
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 2:09pm
Don’t they need to finish the NL (group at least) to determine which teams go into the 5 team groups in the WC draw?

They’ll push ahead with the games unless it becomes almost impossible based on lockdowns and whether Champions League / Europa League becomes chaotic.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Based on the numbers a few pages back, Slovakia are 14 pts below us.
How many pts will Slovakia get if they win that match?
I can't see any of the rest come into contention?

Iceland play Hungary.  Iceland way back but Hungary on same pts as Slovakia.
But if they beat Iceland, they beat a team lower than them so cannot see them close the gap assuming Slovakia can't?

Scotland are 40 pts back so I doubt a win (even over Lofty Serbia) can claw them into contention.
When you talk about "that match" do you mean Slovakia in Belfast for the P/O final?

And if so, does that mean you want us to win it? Because if we did, then surely we'd have a chance, however slim, of overtaking you and them both for 2022 ranking as well?

Alternatively, you can't want Slovakia to win it (for ranking purposes, at least!)

Our other two November games after Slovakia are home to Romania and then away to Austria.
If we beat Slovakia, it could be a case of "After the Lord Mayor's Show", like we saw after Bosnia. While if we lose, we could be thoroughly deflated anyhow. That said, Romania are a very poor team (imo).
Either way, I really don't expect anything in Vienna - they're decent and we don't have enough players for 3 games in a week.

And of course, the other factor is how you do in your 2 (3?) games. You'll surely beat Bulgaria at home, do you reckon you can get a draw or better in Cardiff?

Who are we expecting (bar Slovakia) to catch us?

I'm basing the above on 'davereilly's chart on pg 7 (below) so when you say "catch us", do you really mean "stay ahead of us"?

17RUS1490.34
18SRB1489.05
19TUR1486.49
20SVK1476.61
21IRL1476.16
22NIR1466.07
23ISL1464.51
24ROU1461.93

Edited by Territorial - 19 Oct 2020 at 2:42pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

so you can book more flights with Ryanair that you will be seeking refunds on 

So I can look forward to trips without running into you (as you will be otherwise occupied)
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

When you talk about "that match" do you mean Slovakia in Belfast for the P/O final?

I'm using the numbers provided later, on page 9:

So, if these are accurate and based purely on rankings, I'd want Slovakia to win on penos AET.
Failing that just win, assuming that doesn't give them 14+ pts.

If someone has more up-to-date rankings, then let them come forward so we have a clearer picture but I stick by my comments based on these rankings.

Edited by Fozz - 19 Oct 2020 at 3:49pm
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 4:23pm

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

I'm using the numbers provided later, on page 9:

So, if these are accurate and based purely on rankings, I'd want Slovakia to win on penos AET.
Failing that just win, assuming that doesn't give them 14+ pts.

If someone has more up-to-date rankings, then let them come forward so we have a clearer picture but I stick by my comments based on these rankings.

Fair do's, my mistake with the figures.

Anyhow, it's bloody tight, isnt it! LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 43>
  Share Topic