You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2022 Nations League TV Rights - Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2022 Nations League TV Rights - Ireland
    Posted: 18 May 2022 at 5:34pm
As it stands, it doesn't look like any of our upcoming games are going to be broadcast anywhere in the world unless someone picks up the rights between now and then.

Our Nations League games were previously show exclusively on Sky Sports but they have lost the rights to the competition.

Channel 4 have picked up Englands games.

Ireland and Scotland have yet to have anyone come in for theirs.

It initially looked like Premier Sports picked up some games as they had a couple listed on their website earlier in the week, but they've since been removed.

Would be a pox if theres a complete blackout.

Sponsored Links

belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

As it stands, it doesn't look like any of our upcoming games are going to be broadcast anywhere in the world unless someone picks up the rights between now and then.

Our Nations League games were previously show exclusively on Sky Sports but they have lost the rights to the competition.

Channel 4 have picked up Englands games.

Ireland and Scotland have yet to have anyone come in for theirs.

It initially looked like Premier Sports picked up some games as they had a couple listed on their website earlier in the week, but they've since been removed.

Would be a pox if theres a complete blackout.

Surely RTE and Virgin will be in a position to pick up for a pittance if that's the case
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 5:59pm
I thought some Scandinavian streaming service call viaplay bought the rights. I wont be paying for that so won’t get to see the away games.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I thought some Scandinavian streaming service call viaplay bought the rights. I wont be paying for that so won’t get to see the away games.

Only for N.I, Scotland and Wales and not until 2024.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 6:28pm
Ah ok. Doubt anyone will pick it up then.

As You Were
Three in a row
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 12:47pm
It seems that UEFA ae having trouble selling the rights. Sky don't want to pay as much for what is basically a load of matches that go on the red button.

What will probably happen is they will be sold on a game by game basis or just each International break.

Wouldn't be worried about them not being available to watch
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 11:13am
Premier sports have picked up the UK rights to our Nations league and Euro 2024 qualifiers. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Premier sports have picked up the UK rights to our Nations league and Euro 2024 qualifiers. 
They say a non exclusive basis for Ireland. Must mean Virgin are going to et rights as well, similar to Sky/Virgin in the previous deal.

As You Were
Three in a row
Ceemo3185 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceemo3185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 12:27pm
Looks like for the first time in over 20 years that Sky won't be showing any Ireland matches.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

They say a non exclusive basis for Ireland. Must mean Virgin are going to et rights as well, similar to Sky/Virgin in the previous deal.
This seems to suggest they're showing our games live assuming nobody else takes them & nobody else took them from Sky previously 

Still wouldn't be surprised to see virgin or Rte take them as well for ROI broadcasting.

If I'm not mistaken, RTE still have the Euro qualifiers under Irish law stating they must be free to air 

Edited by wanderer - 20 May 2022 at 12:54pm
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 2:13pm
Grand, at worst there will be dodgy streams about.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 2:34pm

Or we could just go to the Ireland games. Better view and all Wink
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Not everyone has the luxury of being able to attend home and away games like yourself Muff.

You big superfan ya.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 20 May 2022 at 3:15pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Not everyone has the luxury of being able to attend home and away games like yourself Muff.

You big superfan ya.

Superfan ffs EmbarrassedLOL

I think you took that up wrong mate. I said 'we' including myself in that not 'you' and wasn't aiming anything snidey at Bandwagon or anyone else on here for that matter. The winky face was mean't in jest obviously. 

I also didn't have the luxury of going to every home and way before either so I'd be the last person judging anyone on here who follows the national team for not being able to attend games Thumbs Up

Edited by irishmufc - 20 May 2022 at 3:30pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 10:56pm
Tubridy just confirmed there on the late late show that RTE have secured the rights

Edited by Bandwagon - 20 May 2022 at 10:57pm
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 10:57pm
Tubs says RTE have the rights now
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 11:02pm
Confirmed by FAI. Rte have the rights 
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 11:59pm
That's excellent news. I was afraid the six games would end up on Sky Sports or something and we'd only get highlights on RTE or VM, but six live NL games is something to really look forward to.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic