You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tennis Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 30>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 1:45pm
can't have thiem beat nadal otherwise it might galvanise the Austrian football team before Sunday's qualifier.

djokovic could it in turns to hit his returns long/wide/into the net. shocking last set by him
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

saw halep play in her first round match, f**k me she's built! also, have a google about having her breast reduction. they were proper warlocks!

thiem v djokovic will be a great match! murray will take a lot of confidence from the 3set win over del potro. was definitely the one player all of the top seeds didn't want in their draw.

Funbags was down a set and 5-1 today and won 3-6, 7-6, 6-0

Semi-finals looks like this

Halep (3) v Pliskova (2)

Ostapenko v Bacsinszky (30)

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 5:25pm
When have the big four players not made it to a final let alone the Semis of the slams?? 

I don't follow tennis much Embarrassed
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 8:42am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Mens Quarter finals looks great

Murray v Nishikori

Stanimal v Cilic

Pablo v Nadal

Thiem v Novak

The semi-final should be 
Murray v Stanimal
Nadal v Novak
(Although Thiem looks the best bet to cause an upset)

The Ladies will have a new winner as all previous winners are not playing or have been knocked out.

The Semi finals should be brilliant - 

Murray (1) v Stanimal (3)
Both have had terrible clay court seasons but have played themselves into form. Stan hasn't dropped a set yet.

Nadal (4) v Thiem (6)
Both players haven't dropped a set yet. The only person to beat Nadal on Clay this season was Thiem in straight sets a few weeks ago.

I could see both of these going the distance. 
I think we could be looking at a Stanimal v Nadal final.

GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 10:28pm
Men's Wimbledon odds:

Fed:      9/4
Murray: 4/1
Nadal:   4/1
Djoko:   6/1

Rest start at 18/1

Incredible turn around from 6 months ago.
Murray and Djokovic would have been clear favourites.
Hope Fed does win.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 10:49pm
Any chance of someone from outside the big 4 of winning it and if so who would be your pick?

Of the young players in the game at the minute, who are the closest to breaking into the top 3 in the world?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Any chance of someone from outside the big 4 of winning it and if so who would be your pick?

Of the young players in the game at the minute, who are the closest to breaking into the top 3 in the world?

Alex Zverev
Nick Kyrigos
Dominic Thiem (probably more suited to clay)
David Goffin
Lucas Pouille

19 of the current top 30 men are age 29 or over.
So in 4/5 years time there'll be very different semi-final line ups than you see now.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 11:17pm
Kyrigos is a prick
Hasn't the mentality nor ability to win anything of note
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 11:31pm
Federer drawn to play a potentially injured Murray in the semis probably why he is fav, wouldn't rule out a big tournament from Dimitrov.

Heading over for the last 16 on centre court next Monday, looking forward to it.

Women's championship is completely wide open without Serena in it.

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Federer drawn to play a potentially injured Murray in the semis probably why he is fav, wouldn't rule out a big tournament from Dimitrov.

Heading over for the last 16 on centre court next Monday, looking forward to it.

Women's championship is completely wide open without Serena in it.

My mate seems to back him in every tournament...say he's down a fair bit at this stage!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 9:28am
Wimbledon starts today ClapClapClap

I'm going on Wednesday but just to the outside courts.

Murray and Nadal playing today.

In the mens it will be one of the big 4 that will win it. Its amazing they have won it since 2003.
I don't see them all making the semi finals tho. 

The womens is wide open. Pliskova is the fav but we could see a new winner/1st time GS winner.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 1:21pm
Andy Murray playing some randomer Bublik now on the BBC.  Murray's ma has to be the biggest geebag out there. I'd say she is as competitive as fook. You never see Murray's da.  She has him locked up somewhere probably.
On a side note.  Imagine sitting courtside having to look back and forth constantly! How sore would your neck be after 2 hrs!
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 1:26pm
Kyrigos out injured, was in Murray's quarter of the draw.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Andy Murray playing some randomer Bublik now on the BBC.  Murray's ma has to be the biggest geebag out there. I'd say she is as competitive as fook. You never see Murray's da.  She has him locked up somewhere probably.
On a side note.  Imagine sitting courtside having to look back and forth constantly! How sore would your neck be after 2 hrs!

His parents are separated.

As for the sore neck part ffs, do you not know how to move your eyes?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 1:50pm

The same could be said when watching Ireland play, 90 mins of Randolph hoofing the ball to Walters.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 1:51pm

Sure who could stay married to that witch.  Still, doesn't stop Murrays da from letting the world know he exists by actually turning up to a match.

Maybe you missed the part about ''courtside'' young bhob.   If you can move your eyes that much you have an unusual range of motion. Almost circus freak like.  And if you do happen to possess this extraterrestrial ability to move your eyes that much you do realise that your eyes are controlled by muscles thus should you be courtside with your superhuman eyes you would after 2 hrs have eyestrain.

Edited by Trap junior - 03 Jul 2017 at 1:57pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 1:58pm

Sure who could stay married to that witch.  Still, doesn't stop Murrays da from letting the world know he exists by actually turning up to a match.

Maybe you missed the part about ''courtside'' young bhob.   If you can move your eyes that much you have an unusual range of motion. Almost circus freak like.  And if you do happen to possess this extraterrestrial ability to move your eyes that much you do realise that your eyes are controlled by muscles thus should you be courtside with your superhuman eyes you would after 2 hrs have eyestrain.

He has been to majority of his games
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 30>
  Share Topic