You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tennis Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 30>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Could well be that when having the baby she eased on certain substances. That and testers being on her case for awhile now. It's a pity that wasn't the case a more than a decade ago.

Did those testers go easy on Djokovic and Nadal too?

Nadal is known for blood spinning. There are rumours around Djokovic consistently.

Serena Williams is one of the greatest cheats in sporting history. Thank God for Russian hacks. Only for that nobody would have known Williams has spent almost her entire career consistently on TUEs. The TUE discussion is a long and complicated one, and there are many valid points for and against them in general. Williams use of them non stop is disgraceful though. No doubt a lot of the stuff used were masking agents also, making it worse again. 

If you read up on bits and pieces about this down the years it's easy to put 2 and 2 together with Williams and her clean doping history. It's why a couple of years ago she rared up against being tested way more than other top tennis players (classic tactic of getting her strike in early against the drug testers, a tactic Armstrong was superb at).

On her on court behaviour, she has never struck me as anything but an ignoramus. The exact opposite to her sister. There are plenty of examples of that down through the years, not just last year's US open final. That was the most comical though and the most embarrassing for her - bringing being a baby mama (as she likes to say) into an argument with a tennis umpire, as obviously that was relevant to the issue at hand. A complete ignoramus.

Btw in terms of overall tennis testing, it's renowned for being a farce. The most amazing thing of all about Sharapova was that nobody on the WTA managed to get the positive sample buried. 

Edited by Hans Moleman - 13 Jul 2019 at 11:09pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 11:36pm

Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Could well be that when having the baby she eased on certain substances. That and testers being on her case for awhile now. It's a pity that wasn't the case a more than a decade ago.

Did those testers go easy on Djokovic and Nadal too?

Nadal is known for blood spinning. There are rumours around Djokovic consistently.

Serena Williams is one of the greatest cheats in sporting history. Thank God for Russian hacks. Only for that nobody would have known Williams has spent almost her entire career consistently on TUEs. The TUE discussion is a long and complicated one, and there are many valid points for and against them in general. Williams use of them non stop is disgraceful though. No doubt a lot of the stuff used were masking agents also, making it worse again. 

If you read up on bits and pieces about this down the years it's easy to put 2 and 2 together with Williams and her clean doping history. It's why a couple of years ago she rared up against being tested way more than other top tennis players (classic tactic of getting her strike in early against the drug testers, a tactic Armstrong was superb at).

On her on court behaviour, she has never struck me as anything but an ignoramus. The exact opposite to her sister. There are plenty of examples of that down through the years, not just last year's US open final. That was the most comical though and the most embarrassing for her - bringing being a baby mama (as she likes to say) into an argument with a tennis umpire, as obviously that was relevant to the issue at hand. A complete ignoramus.

Btw in terms of overall tennis testing, it's renowned for being a farce. The most amazing thing of all about Sharapova was that nobody on the WTA managed to get the positive sample buried. 

An article from The Guardian.
Serena has been tested approximately 4 times more than other female players.
Never failed a drugs test.

Are megastars indiscretions being covered up?
Maybe.
A Djokovic/Nadal/Williams drugs cover up would seriously damage the integrity
of tennis.
Just googled Serena/TUE....not a whole lot there.
Haven't heard the rumours about Serena like you would have heard about the rumours about Lance and DJ (different sports/different drugs).
Not being naive....just never associated Williams with that carry on.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 11:52pm
Did you ever associate Sharapova with drugs rumours before being banned? Sharapova was on heart meds, Meldonin iirc (that I think she was taking for years more than supposed to LOL), when that drug was put on the banned list she got snaffled. She was cheating all along. Doctors were signing off on stuff they shouldn't have been.

Tennis is a rampant drug fest. I love watching tennis, really love watching the big tournaments and the top players. I don't for one second pretend that I'm watching the cleanest sport in history though. Tennis is filthy from everything I've seen and read down the years. The simple fact is it's an absolutely gruelling sport, and it has it's cash cows and imagine if those cash cows were getting banned left right and centre. 

The TUE area is an ethical warzone in all sports and hugely complex. The fact is that it is being abused in every sport imo. There is actually only one way to fix it - guess what Serena, if you are really feeling unwell the few days before a tournament, pull out of the tournament. That is the only way that the utter nonsense around TUEs would be solved, make them barely exist. They are supposed to be for serious issues, but sports people are getting them non stop.

Guess what happens to Froome Wiggins and co in the past the week before grand Tours? Would you believe, on numerous occasions they fell ill at exactly that time, right before the start of a tour, and needed a TUE LOL

Guess what happened to Serena the week before tournaments? Would you believe, on numerous occasions she fell ill at exactly that time, right before a tournament, and needed a TUE LOL

There's a reason USADA are all over her. They know. It's as simple as that. The Tennis bodies don't want to know and most definitely don't care. Imagine if most of the top 10 players in the men's and women's game were tested properly and found positive? The game and the money would go down the tubes. Again, that is why the Sharapova case was so surprising, that someone didn't get that test buried somehow.

Have you ever read up on Nadal blood spinning? 

Edited by Hans Moleman - 13 Jul 2019 at 11:53pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 11:59pm
Interesting article

The point about Nadal being that the ethical and grey lines are always questionable with this stuff imo. Also, if tennis players are using such high tech ways of recovering from injury, it really isn't a big jump to move onto banned substances.

Btw the comments on Sharapova being caught and banned are hilarious. By top pros. The acceptance of what really goes on reeks out of their comments LOL

Edited by Hans Moleman - 14 Jul 2019 at 12:02am
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 1:40pm
Hopefully a great final today. 
I’d like Fed to win but think Novak will win in 5.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 3:57pm
Cmonnnnnn Roger
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 6:03pm
Not the highest quality but the tension is unreal....

TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 7:10pm
What  a match.

I don't remember any man in the Wimbledon final having match points and then losing in the modern era, or in any of the other grand slams.Did it happen?
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 7:17pm
Federer blew it with those 2 championship points on his serve.

Lots of tension, gripping watch.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

What  a match.

I don't remember any man in the Wimbledon final having match points and then losing in the modern era, or in any of the other grand slams.Did it happen?

Never happened.

Fed will have sleepless nights over those 2 championships points.

40-15 on your serve and he gave them up cheaply.
He won more points, games, bp’s, aces etc
Just didn’t win the match. Probably his last chance of a slam.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

What  a match.

Never happened.

Fed will have sleepless nights over those 2 championships points.

40-15 on your serve and he gave them up cheaply.
He won more points, games, bp’s, aces etc
Just didn’t win the match. Probably his last chance of a slam.

It happened last in 1948. Australian John Bromwich had three match points before losing  5-7 6-0 2-6 6-3 5-7 to American Bob Falkenburg.

Edited by TonyNotJack - 14 Jul 2019 at 9:39pm
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 9:44am
Not a huge tennis but watched most of the last set. Was gripping stuff in fairness. Fed should've seen it out when had the chance as already said but fair play to Novak. Crowd weren't really on his side at all, even at the end the place didn't erupt like it did for some of Fed's points. Is he not liked?
Some people just deserve a slap
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Not a huge tennis but watched most of the last set. Was gripping stuff in fairness. Fed should've seen it out when had the chance as already said but fair play to Novak. Crowd weren't really on his side at all, even at the end the place didn't erupt like it did for some of Fed's points. Is he not liked?

Size isn’t everything.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 2:10pm

Think the crowd would be very middle class at Wimbledon so they wouldn't be mad about Novak

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 15 Jul 2019 at 2:10pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 2:42pm

Fed and Rafa are hugely popular.
Novak just doesn’t get the fan base (or huge endorsements) as them two.
And it really annoys him.....

I think he will end up with more slams than both of them. He should dominate for the next few years. He won 4 out of the last 5 slams and has the US open/Aus up next.

Fed - 20
Nadal - 18
Novak - 16
Sampras - 14

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 15 Jul 2019 at 2:43pm

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 2:46pm

I think he will end up with more slams than both of them. He should dominate for the next few years. He won 4 out of the last 5 slams and has the US open/Aus up next.

Fed - 20
Nadal - 18
Novak - 16
Sampras - 14

Retired at 29. Now seems ridiculous. He could have got to 20 grand slams.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 3:32pm

Fed - 20
Nadal - 18
Novak - 16
Sampras - 14

Retired at 29. Now seems ridiculous. He could have got to 20 grand slams.

Different era. Sure he didn’t win for 2 years prior to that.
He knew that was his last one and went out on a high.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 3:33pm

BEcker used to train him and said during commentary this year that it used to annoy Novak earlier in his career. Couldn't understand why he wasn't adored by fans and sponsors in the same way Federer/NAdal were
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 30>
  Share Topic