You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2020 PDC World Darts Championship

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 1:12pm
Hard to see past the world champion - Duzza had a fine 4-2 win over Daryl Gurney yesterday

Has a 100% record against van Gerwen
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Hard to see past the world champion - Duzza had a fine 4-2 win over Daryl Gurney yesterday

Didn't think you'd be watching this Sid. Thought you'd be waiting for the Real Darts World Championship next month 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 9:40pm
Delighted to see Price knocked out. Good game here between MVG and Aspinall.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Didn't think you'd be watching this Sid. Thought you'd be waiting for the Real Darts World Championship next month 

If it actually manages to still exist by then... They've only sold 15% of their entire ticket allocation LOL

Dying a slow death.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 11:18pm
January’s depressing enough without having to watch that sh*te in that old lakeside hall 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

January’s depressing enough without having to watch that sh*te in that old lakeside hall 

Not in Lakeside anymore. In the Indigo in the 02 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 12:21am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

If it actually manages to still exist by then... They've only sold 15% of their entire ticket allocation LOL

Dying a slow death.
If the below article from the BBC anything to go by would imagine the BDO won't be around for much longer. Prize fund to be slashed by up to 60% women's winning getting 8000 instead of the 20000 initially promised Shocked... 

Put that into perspective Fallon sherrock got 25000 for her run to the 3rd round of the pdc tournament so even if she goes all the way to winning the women's tournament she will win under a third of her winnings from the pdc event

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/darts/50952382

the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 10:38am
The standard has gone down this year IMO

MVG nowhere near his best last night and still got to the final comfortably. Not too many thrilling matches.

fr larry duff View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fr larry duff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 11:19am
I think taylor not being about has seen the standard slip, he used to drive MVG and the rest on, as they were all desperate to beat him. Used to get some cracking games at the world championship, hardly any this year that I can think of.

MVG will need to up his game in the final, though I would have doubts if Wright would have the bottle to beat him if he did underperform, given the amount of finals he has lost to MVG.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 11:39am

Best month of the year.Clap
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 1:40pm

The standard has gone down this year IMO

MVG nowhere near his best last night and still got to the final comfortably. Not too many thrilling matches.

Been poor the apst few years. No close games in the last 8 this year or last year.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 1:53pm
Agree. Last two years haven’t been great. The last great match I can remember is Cross v MVG Semi final in 2018.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 7:51pm
You miss the days of barney and Phil in their pomp. 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

You miss the days of barney and Phil in their pomp. 

For sure but it's a lot more than that too, it's not about the darts anymore with 99% of the "fans" who go.

I'd love to see the Darts World Championship require people to ditch the costumes, less sh*tty over used chants/music etc being played throughout and save it for the intervals.

Let the Darts Premier League be about the party atmosphere and loading up on booze in stupid costumes, but the World's need to become far more professional imo.

Edited by Green Devil - 31 Dec 2019 at 8:11pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 8:26pm
I miss the Yaya Kolo Toure chants at the darts.

You barely heard it 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 8:33pm

I miss the Yaya Kolo Toure chants at the darts.

You barely heard it 

Telly went to mute every time that c u n t of a chant came on.

It's like when Vicki Sparks is on MOTD, absolutely brutal and tough on the ears.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Dying a slow death.
If the below article from the BBC anything to go by would imagine the BDO won't be around for much longer. Prize fund to be slashed by up to 60% women's winning getting 8000 instead of the 20000 initially promised Shocked... 

Put that into perspective Fallon sherrock got 25000 for her run to the 3rd round of the pdc tournament so even if she goes all the way to winning the women's tournament she will win under a third of her winnings from the pdc event

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/darts/50952382

Sherrock's pulled out of the BDO Worlds. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Best month of the year.Clap

What all do you like about it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic