You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 Rugby World Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 59>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

EIRE fans high fiving each other after a consolation tryEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Win, lose or draw we're on the prosecco

Ah yeah sure we’ve never celebrated a consolation goal Confused

High fiving? No I can definitely say I have never high fived my mates for a consolation goal.  I half hearted cheer and a clap yes.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The post-mortem will need to be seriously forensic. Even accepting the gulf in quality, we didn’t play that game sensibly, nor have we approached the World Cup with much sense. The player selection, the lack of a high line, the drudgery of the play, the poor command of the basic facets of the game.

To hell with the begrudges. Sad that Irish people would enjoy this given the contribution some of these players have made in more than a decade.
The media and the fans are sickening. I’m not as ‘nationalist’ as I used to be, in fact outside the football team I wouldn’t have any reason to describe myself as such, so have no reason to feel ‘sad’ about myself or the result. I like the sport of rugby but a lot of the people that support it in Ireland are arseholes. I started this tournament wanting them to do well but it is hard not to smile at this. The sad part is all the rents being put up across Ireland to pay for the trips to Japan...

There is a lot of arseholes who support all sports. That’s a reality. It’s sad that careers that have been so fruitful are coming to an end like that. 

All rugby fans I spoke to didn’t expect much, particularly on the back of the six nations, so the support was more in hope than in expectation.
True, but from my point of view the Irish rugby fan is the worst kind of ****. I would rather be in a cage with lions than a pub full of them.

It’s weird watching the Irish rugby team as part of me wants them to win and then there will be a gentle reminder of what pricks follow them and often play for them!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:23pm
Donal Lenihan in commentary saying ''we were just beaten by a better team'' as if the rugby heroes didnt bottle it as usual.  They have been sh*te all tournament.

Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:23pm
Rory 2nd Best
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:26pm

The post-mortem will need to be seriously forensic. Even accepting the gulf in quality, we didn’t play that game sensibly, nor have we approached the World Cup with much sense. The player selection, the lack of a high line, the drudgery of the play, the poor command of the basic facets of the game.

To hell with the begrudges. Sad that Irish people would enjoy this given the contribution some of these players have made in more than a decade.
The media and the fans are sickening. I’m not as ‘nationalist’ as I used to be, in fact outside the football team I wouldn’t have any reason to describe myself as such, so have no reason to feel ‘sad’ about myself or the result. I like the sport of rugby but a lot of the people that support it in Ireland are arseholes. I started this tournament wanting them to do well but it is hard not to smile at this. The sad part is all the rents being put up across Ireland to pay for the trips to Japan...

There is a lot of arseholes who support all sports. That’s a reality. It’s sad that careers that have been so fruitful are coming to an end like that. 

All rugby fans I spoke to didn’t expect much, particularly on the back of the six nations, so the support was more in hope than in expectation.

There is no denying that some of the rugby supporters and media followers are more affluent and those type of people are in general annoying. 

But would you rather that type of supporter following the team than people throwing pints, shouting racist abuse and starting fights in the crowd?

Morale of story, there are idiots in most support.

That said, the level of hype and the 'in your face' marketing about how great this Ireland team is, of course it is a little Haha to them people who bought into that hype.

Ultimately,  it was such a disappointing world cup (and 2019 in general). Back to the drawing board. Change in management, maybe some new ideas, new players. World cup in France next time round so conditions and timezone more favourable, let's try build and peak and be in a position to try and over achieve next time instead of underachieving yet again! 

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:26pm
Rory can finally put on his England PJs and relax now  
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:28pm

True, but from my point of view the Irish rugby fan is the worst kind of ****. I would rather be in a cage with lions than a pub full of them.

It’s weird watching the Irish rugby team as part of me wants them to win and then there will be a gentle reminder of what pricks follow them and often play for them!

Had the misfortune of deciding to go to Ireland and England in the Six Nations earlier this year. Spent the majority of the game with my view obstructed or standing to allow some p*ick to go and get pints. Every minute someone was off to the bar. Nobody cared what was happening on the pitch, this was just a social outing, so they could tell their friends they were there. At one point the group in front of me, after standing up to go for more pints, decided to stand above their seats and have a conversation with their back to play while England were lining up to kick a penalty. Never saw the like of it and never will again as I won't be going back.

We have maybe 10% who go along for the piss up and aren't arsed, their fans are 80% w*nkers. And the media treat the team and their fans as the greatest and then they both look down on us. They are muck.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:29pm
I would much prefer those throwing pints and starting fights. We can have one between us over the racism!
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:30pm
Listening to bullsh*t in the media for the last year about this great team.Happens every 4 years,they bottle it.Next world cup same will happen again, hope it shuts them up for a while.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Rory can finally put on his England PJs and relax now  

Stupid comment. Ludicrous.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:43pm

Donal Lenihan in commentary saying ''we were just beaten by a better team'' as if the rugby heroes didnt bottle it as usual.  They have been sh*te all tournament.

But they didn’t bottle it, you said yourself they have been sh*te all year.

Bottle it would have been going into the match as favourites and playing like that.

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

But they didn’t bottle it, you said yourself they have been sh*te all year.

Bottle it would have been going into the match as favourites and playing like that.
Like the Japan match?
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:44pm
This is Rugby Country. 
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:49pm
If we get nothing else out of this, maybe the next time we win a friendly, sorry, Autumn Test, there might be some little bit of perspective or context used when reporting on the famous victory. I'm not holding out too much hope all the same. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:59pm
If its not a bottle job its amazing how they seem to lose all form just before every world cup and have never won a knock out match.

Even Italy managed a draw with NZ

farfar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 2:03pm
Jaysus lads. Whoever is running the Twitter account would want to pack it in. What do you want them to do, slaughter the team? They are pre planned marketing campaigns... Exactly the same thing would happen if the football team got knocked out of a tournament. That being said, as bad as the footballers are, the one thing you can never question with them is their heart. The Rugby lads fall way short in that department.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 2:15pm
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 2:40pm
Positives :
No more RTE rugby 'inspirational' adverts.
As mentioned the sport is followed by lots of pricks in Ireland.
Rory Mcilpube flew in for that one match just to look a prat on TV.
If they'd somehow managed to win most likely they'd have bent over for England next week.
We're still world champions at GAA, at least until someone like the Isle Of Man takes it up seriously.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 59>
  Share Topic