You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 Copa America

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 2:56am
Why the irish are so mad about this old beautiful game?

Edited by Gerry Geary - 16 Jun 2019 at 2:57am
Sponsored Links

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 8:11am
Brazil only drew 0-0 with Venezuela last night.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 10:32am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Brazil only drew 0-0 with Venezuela last night.

3 goals ruled out by VAR
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 8:32am
Stayed up to watch Colombia v Qatar. Colombia totally dominated but Qatar looked dangerous on the break. Just when it looked like Qatar might hang on for a point, Zapata scored after a superb assist from Rodriguez. It was about 86 minutes when Colombia scored.

Didn't see the Argentina game but that's a very poor result. Something major seems to be wrong with them. 

As You Were
Three in a row
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 9:09am
Don't think Argentina have been good for a couple of years.

Great offensively obviously with Messi, Aguero, Di Maria, Dybala. Matinez but very suspect at the back. have been relying on Messi for the last 5-10 years to dig them out of holes.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 9:18am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Great offensively obviously with Messi, Aguero, Di Maria, Dybala. Matinez but very suspect at the back. have been relying on Messi for the last 5-10 years to dig them out of holes.

I watched them against Colombia the other night and apart from a 15 minute spell before Colombia's first goal, they were very poor. Messi didn't look his usual self at all. Everything seems to be too slow and Messi drops too deep. Quite often the main tactic seems to be just pass the ball to Messi and hope for the best.

As You Were
Three in a row
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 9:40am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I watched them against Colombia the other night and apart from a 15 minute spell before Colombia's first goal, they were very poor. Messi didn't look his usual self at all. Everything seems to be too slow and Messi drops too deep. Quite often the main tactic seems to be just pass the ball to Messi and hope for the best.

And that's what it's been for the last 10ish years I think after he retires they may be in danger of failing to qualify for the World cup . Though I think come 2026 South America might have 7 places so they may have to do something very stupid to not qualify.
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 10:38pm
They are saying Arsene wenger in talks for argentina manager
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 12:28am
Japan giving Uruguay a mighty crack here. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 1:24am
Cracking game this Clap Clap Japan 2-1 up.

Btw anyone who fancies a bet I reckon Argentina to go out in the group stage is value. Depending on Paraguay result, a draw for Qatar and Argentina finish bottom of their group I believe. Argentina are a mockery of a side. If they do squeak through, any decent side in the QF should knock them out. There's money to be made on them.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 9:52pm
Brazil finally turning it on. Superb goal from Willian to make it 5-0 against Peru.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 9:52pm
Penalty now for Brazil in stoppage time.

Jesus misses. 5-0 FT. Much improved performance by Brazil.

Edited by FrankosHereNow - 22 Jun 2019 at 10:05pm

As You Were
Three in a row
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 8:05pm
Goool. The Gaelic Lautaro and Foyth also there
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 8:51pm
Fancy Qatar to get the result here. Argentina will sh*t themselves 2nd half.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 11:43am
Between appealing for a handball when the ball hit the Chilean keeper's arm just outside the 6 yard box, and then appealing for the Chilean player who tripped the pitch invader to be booked, Suarez again showing that he will do anything to get one over on the opposing team.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 11:52am
He's an absolute headbanger 

As You Were
Three in a row
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 12:43pm
Thought it was an awful game between Chile and Uruguay. As much as both huffed and puffed they are 2 teams clearly past their best. Cavani with a superb header the one bright spot. I thought Chile were decent the first half hour and trying to play high tempo football but they just aren't able to sustain it anymore. Sanchez was trying his heart out but he is a broken player at this stage. Godin and Gimenez are a great pairing at the back Clap

Very hard to see past Brazil to win it out. All other teams in South America are regressing over the past couple of years. Uruguay are the biggest danger with the experienced heads there but it would be surprising. I'd fear badly for Argentina if they face Brazil in the SF, Brazil will absolutely steamroll them.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 2:24pm
I thought that was brilliant typical Suarez LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic