You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019/2020 English League Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 7:56pm
It's been all Liverpool so far.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Klopp could have and should have put out a stronger team for this game game, those 1st team players could have got a flight out tomorrow for Sat game.

There are a number of players who are not going to get game time in Qatar.

Klopp has done brilliantly to get this game played now and get Liverpool knocked out. With the World Club Cup this year, the very last thing Liverpool need is a possible 2 legged league cup SF in January. Then potentially a final in early March pushing back another PL fixture. 

It is absolutely essential that Liverpool get knocked out today and Liverpool and Klopp are 100 percent correct in wanting the fixture played today, and also in leaving no senior regulars behind for the Villa game.

If the league is over which we all agree, then what harm would a couple of extra games in January have done?
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 8:32pm
Damn.

I was hoping for 7 trophies this year.

Klopp out.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 8:34pm

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

8/11 -1
13/8 -2

Horrible prices tbf, and I fully expect Villa to go through.

I’m happy enough with the prices at the minute 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 11:17pm

Klopp could have and should have put out a stronger team for this game game, those 1st team players could have got a flight out tomorrow for Sat game.

Klopp has done brilliantly to get this game played now and get Liverpool knocked out. With the World Club Cup this year, the very last thing Liverpool need is a possible 2 legged league cup SF in January. Then potentially a final in early March pushing back another PL fixture. 

It is absolutely essential that Liverpool get knocked out today and Liverpool and Klopp are 100 percent correct in wanting the fixture played today, and also in leaving no senior regulars behind for the Villa game.

If the league is over which we all agree, then what harm would a couple of extra games in January have done?

Liverpool have one back game with West Ham in the PL, that may now be played in January, or at least I imagine that's what Liverpool are now hoping for. Even if it isn't, the fact that Liverpool have a less hectic schedule in January is a massive plus. It will give the squad a little bit of down time, then in mid February onwards they will look to peak for a long run in and lots of matches in the CL and PL.

If Liverpool made the League Cup final, that would be another PL game postponed in early March that would have to be rescheduled in the period when Liverpool are gunning for the CL. It was massive that Liverpool get knocked out this side of Christmas, in terms of rest and recovery and in terms of not having a fixture backlog in the most important part of the season, from mid February onwards.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 11:19pm

8/11 -1
13/8 -2

Horrible prices tbf, and I fully expect Villa to go through.

I’m happy enough with the prices at the minute 

Well done. Fair play.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 7:34am

8/11 -1
13/8 -2

Horrible prices tbf, and I fully expect Villa to go through. Problem being I think the Villa players will expect to go through also and can see it being a really poor and scrappy game. 

Villa to go a couple of goals ahead and stroll around is my prediction. With Liverpool getting a consolation late enough on then. 

LOL
f22 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 8:16am
lovely ♥

https://vbet.biz/34yVq15
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 9:00am
I wasn't making them favourites, it was a prediction.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 11:03am

Exactly,
Another good opportunity for some of the fringe players and youngsters to get a game.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 11:28am

Exactly,
Another good opportunity for some of the fringe players and youngsters to get a game.

Time taken to prepare for 2 games midweek instead of preparing for a more important weekend game along with more possibility of injuries & a refixed game if happened to get to the final. It'd be great to see the younger players & fringe ones get more games but the league is the bigger picture

Plus we all don't agree the league is over, believe me!
Some people just deserve a slap
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 12:04pm

What a terrible prediction.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

What a terrible prediction.

I know, calling a Liverpool win in this one was silly. In hindsight, they were never going to win this one.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Exactly,

Time taken to prepare for 2 games midweek instead of preparing for a more important weekend game along with more possibility of injuries & a refixed game if happened to get to the final. It'd be great to see the younger players & fringe ones get more games but the league is the bigger picture

Plus we all don't agree the league is over, believe me!

Genuinely mind boggling the amount of Liverpool fans who can't see the bigger picture. If I were them, I'd look at the fixtures from about mid March onwards. Absolutely the last thing Liverpool need is 2-3 rearranged PL fixtures being put in later in the season.

Also, what this means is that with January being far less hectic, there is a chance to have a bit of down town with the Winter break as well at the start of February. From there it's about gearing up for a huge run in. It is amazing that in this day and age, with so much commentary about rest recovery etc. that people cant see how detrimental those extra fixtures could be to Liverpool's season. Liverpool won't want to lose to Everton in the FA cup but if Liverpool do win, they'd do well to be knocked out in the 4th or 5th round also imo.

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 5:39pm
I do think that if Jose Mourinho's Spurs had sent out a team full of kids to be humiliated 5-0 in order to focus on more important tournaments, it would be discussed today in a different light
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 5:47pm
LOL

Your post is a ball of contradictions, as is most people's opinions on this.

First, as your post points out, Liverpool are focusing on more important tournaments. The league cup in the grand scheme of things is an utter irrelevance. This isn't the Liverpool team of 2011 clawing around, praying to pick up any kind of silverware. Look at the lineups clubs from every division will put out in this round and previous rounds. It is essentially a reserve team competition.

More importantly, when were Liverpool supposed to play this fixture? It's amazing the commentary on this bit bit nobody solved the actual dilemma. Hence why the football league essentially allowed Liverpool to throw the game against Villa and were ok with that decision, because they had no solution to this scenario.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 18 Dec 2019 at 5:48pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

I do think that if Jose Mourinho's Spurs had sent out a team full of kids to be humiliated 5-0 in order to focus on more important tournaments, it would be discussed today in a different light

They've 2 games in 2 different parts of the world within less than 22 hours of one another.

If both games were in Liverpool, you'd have seen a different side last night.

The FA knew about the game today but pressed ahead with it anyway.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 6:59am
Difficult one to call the Manc Derby tonight hopefully it will be a cracker.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
  Share Topic