You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tennis Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 30>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Last one ...

DeadDead
Why post pics of one of the Williams brothers in that outfit on this thread. Rotten
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 4:24pm
From a 16 minute youtube highlights (I wasnt able to listen to any dialogue).  It looks like a smash and grab from Fognini (18 seed) over Edmund (16) in third round 5 setter. Fognini won last two sets breaking Edmund at 4-5 each time.

Edmund could never seem to put Fognini away.
I still smile at Fognini beating Murray on the Neapolitan beach sand in the Davis Cup a few years ago.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by SimonCox SimonCox wrote:

Last one ...

DeadDead
Why post pics of one of the Williams brothers in that outfit on this thread. Rotten
Genuine question here, would you be calling them the 'Williams brothers' if they were white?

Personally, I find Serena incredibly sexy, if not Venus.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 4:52pm
I'd say it's more to do with the fact they are built like men.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

This .

I wouldn't take it as a race thing,she is just built like an sh*thouse. 

UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

This .

I wouldn't take it as a race thing,she is just built like an sh*thouse. 

But they are not 'built' the same.  There is a diversity of silhouette among Williams siblings.  Diversity punches homogenous theory in the face once again.

'Neville sisters' term is a breach of Equality Ground: sexual-orientation and Nationality depending on the source.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 6:16pm
I can't help but feel there is an undercurrent of racism though, especially in the U.S. media, given the sport and their background.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 7:56pm
yup, in one. What in Sam Hill are those jiggaboos doin in a white folks country club sport kinda redneck thing.its like the surprise at black golfers, or if a gridiron team has a black quarterback.sad f**kers.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by SimonCox SimonCox wrote:

Last one ...

DeadDead

Genuine question here, would you be calling them the 'Williams brothers' if they were white?

Personally, I find Serena incredibly sexy, if not Venus.

+1
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 2:13pm
Hope Halap wins today. This is her 4th GS final and she is currently 0-3.

The FO is so badly run... the amount of empty seats the past 2 weeks is a disgrace. 

Edit: She wins 6-1 in the 3rd set.
Was actually 1 set down and 0-2 but then played brilliant. Hit it harder and went for more angles.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 09 Jun 2018 at 4:22pm

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 7:22pm

Hope Halap wins today. This is her 4th GS final and she is currently 0-3.

The FO is so badly run... the amount of empty seats the past 2 weeks is a disgrace. 

Edit: She wins 6-1 in the 3rd set.
Was actually 1 set down and 0-2 but then played brilliant. Hit it harder and went for more angles.

Is Wimbledon not the same Zk ? 

It empty’s for the doubles final 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 9:38am
The French seems to be tickets for all the main courts and tour operators seem to buy lots of them.
People only show up for one or two matches so the main stadiums are empty for over half the day. And they don’t arrive until they’ve had their lunch!! 
This is for top singles matches.
I was on center court and Kvitova, Novak, Wozniacki and then Nadal was on. It was less than half full all day until Nadal came on late in the afternoon.

Wimbledon is tickets for center court and court 1 & 2.
After that it’s queing for courts 3-18 and they are always packed the first week.

The French finally got permission to expand this year so it may improve once they have a bigger complex. It’s the smallest of the 4 slams and the locals took out legal action to protect some trees. They are going to build a new stadium, add a roof to center court and build a henman Hill.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 9:40am
Nadal should win today in probably 3/4 sets.
One of the toughest things in sport is beating Nadal on Clay over 5 sets. 11 French opens is an unbelievable achievement and will never be broken.
To put it into perspective, Novak has 12 slams and would be seen as one of the best players ever.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 5:46pm
Well, the other thing is the price of resale tickets for the French - I was there a couple of weeks ago, on the first day. It was still like €65 to get into the show courts at half five in the afternoon, for the last set of the last match. As a result, there were loads of people milling about outside, and plenty on 18 watching the match there. If it had even been ten or twenty euro extra (on top of the €15 ground access) to get into the show courts, they'd have been closer to full. But no, it was basically full price the whole day. That's a shambles, and they'd definitely sell more if they made the resale tickets cheaper for access to the show courts later in the day.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 8:02pm
That very steep SD.
I just checked, I paid €90 for the full day on Center court.

Wimbledon is £25 for a general pass and I think it’s only £5 after 5pm each day. The resale for the main courts after 3pm are around £20-30 each.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 1:10pm
Yeah, I didn't pay it. I paid the €15 ground pass for after 5:30pm. I'm fairly confident that was the price of show court tickets at that hour.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 1:50pm
Two years ago Novak just won the French Open to be the first man in 40+ years to hold all 4 Grand Slams at once.

He was on 12 slams, just 2 behind Nadal (14) and 5 behind Federer (17). Nadal and Fed looked finished winning slams and many thought it was just a matter of time before he overtook both of them and entered into the GOAT debate.

It’s crazy that 2 years later, Fed and Nadal have both won 3 each and Novak hasn’t added to his total.
He won’t catch either of them now.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 11 Jun 2018 at 1:51pm

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 1:58pm
Injuries have taken their toll on Nadal, Murray and Djokovic, all based on the way they play. Federer's smooth style clearly hasn't taken quite the same toll on his body... plus avoiding clay helps, too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 30>
  Share Topic