You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2018 Golf Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 25>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 12:52am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

The bookies must absolutely love Rickie Fowler. Money repeatedly comes in for him for majors, time and time again he fails to deliver.

It was comfortable enough for Koepka in the end, some of his approach play was superb. Fair play to Tiger for putting up a good fight too. Thomas Pieters was very impressive too, especially given his recent form

I think Thomas Bjorn should give a captains pick to Pieters, his game and competitiveness is made for the Ryder Cup like the last one showed.

Sergio and Poulter you would imagine will be a shoe in for a captains pick! then you have the likes of Stenson, Pieters, Cabrera-Bello, Olesen, Casey, Westwood and Kaymer fighting for 2 spots.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 6:46am
Koepka is some player. Very calm under pressure and putts well.
3 majors out of the last 7.

How did Tiger get a 64 when he was driving so bad! 
Really hope he wins a major next year. The fear is he will get injured again so needs to capatilise whilst he is fit and playing well.

Rory needs to get a putting coach and take a month off and just putt every day. Tee to green he is one of the very best but his putting is really holding him back.
Since he last won a major Spieth and Koepka have 3 majors each.

The US will have some Ryder cup team. 

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 8:45am
Hard to look past US retaining Ryder Cup
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 8:48am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

The bookies must absolutely love Rickie Fowler. Money repeatedly comes in for him for majors, time and time again he fails to deliver.

It was comfortable enough for Koepka in the end, some of his approach play was superb. Fair play to Tiger for putting up a good fight too. Thomas Pieters was very impressive too, especially given his recent form

I think Thomas Bjorn should give a captains pick to Pieters, his game and competitiveness is made for the Ryder Cup like the last one showed.

Sergio and Poulter you would imagine will be a shoe in for a captains pick! then you have the likes of Stenson, Pieters, Cabrera-Bello, Olesen, Casey, Westwood and Kaymer fighting for 2 spots.

Think Poulter is part of the automatic team on points I might be wrong though
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 9:02am
Tiger had a putt on 16 to go level at the top, missed it by a few inches, and never got close again. His approach shot on the 15th was sensational.

Koepka was by far the best player this week. His back 9, he had makeable birdie putts on pretty much every hole. Missed them on 11, 12, 13, 14 but then his luck turned and he got away from Scott/Tiger.

Totally agree about him being very overshadowed. There was far bigger crowd and media around Tiger's group - must have been a fair amount of motivation for him. He's also a ficking animal
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:33am
The Top 8 for USA Team are as follows
Koepka
D Johnson
Thomas
Reed
Watson
Speith
Fowler
Simpson

Another 4 Captain Picks

If I was Furyk I'd bring Woods as one of his picks anyway. Between Mickelson, Kisner, Finau, De Chambeau and Kuchar for the other 3

Edited by lassassinblanc - 13 Aug 2018 at 11:33am
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:34am
Jaysus poor auld Shane ties 12th and only picks up a cheque for $187,747.14. LOL

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/pga-championship-2018-how-much-prize-money-every-player-earned-at-the-2018-pga

Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Jaysus poor auld Shane ties 12th and only picks up a cheque for $187,747.14. LOL

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/pga-championship-2018-how-much-prize-money-every-player-earned-at-the-2018-pga

Whatever will he do with that 14c LOL
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Koepka
D Johnson
Thomas
Reed
Watson
Speith
Fowler
Simpson

Another 4 Captain Picks

If I was Furyk I'd bring Woods as one of his picks anyway. Between Mickelson, Kisner, Finau, De Chambeau and Kuchar for the other 3

Tiger and Phil are certainties! I would go with Finau and Schauffele for the final two but could easily make a case for Kuchar, Bryson, Kisner and Cantlay.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

LOL shameful size for a sportsman 

With the money the golfers spend on coaches and everything else, it does amaze me to see the larger golfers still playing. It really doesn't take much more than some small changes to ones diet to trim down. 

And considering that might be the difference in an extra 1-3% in improving their game, these fine margins are what can be the 1-2 shots that help you make the cut, or when on form win you tournaments
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Koepka
D Johnson
Thomas
Reed
Watson
Speith
Fowler
Simpson

Another 4 Captain Picks

Tiger and Phil are certainties! I would go with Finau and Schauffele for the final two but could easily make a case for Kuchar, Bryson, Kisner and Cantlay.

Yeah, ability wise Phil has to go, still he is a prick and if left out because of team morale you'd understand
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 7:41pm

Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Whatever will he do with that 14c LOL

So long as he gets paid, and there isn't a teaching pro in Buttf*kk Mississippi called Shaun Lowrey getting the case instead.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 8:32pm
Has he done enough to retain his card ?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 8:40pm
had him backed e/w at 150/1.. drops 2 shots in the last few holes to drop out of the places Angry
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 2:15pm
Tiger to play Big Phil in a winner takes all $9M exhibition match in Las Vegas on Thanksgiving weekend.

Some money for one round. 

Americans sponsors!! 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 2:18pm
I see Darren Clarke (50) will make his senior debut this weekend.

The man likes the lavish lifestyle so will have to keep on playing.
Lots of money to be make on the senior tour.

Langer has made over $30M the last 10 years on it. He cleans up every year.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

You would think that after making that kind of money playing he wouldn't need to do a cleaning job on the side.  Tight bastard.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Langer is brilliant, only two years ago there was serious consideration of him making the Ryder Cup team. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 25>
  Share Topic