You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2016 Fixtures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 1:37pm
http://m.derryjournal.com/sport/derry-city-news/shiels-slams-fai-over-fixtures-1-7130922?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

See derry manager started crying already about the fixtures. Be no chance harps give up their 2 home games against derry like he's requesting they do
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Sponsored Links

Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

http://m.derryjournal.com/sport/derry-city-news/shiels-slams-fai-over-fixtures-1-7130922?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

See derry manager started crying already about the fixtures. Be no chance harps give up their 2 home games against derry like he's requesting they do

When I read your comment I thought it was something entirely different, I would say he had a point. I remember a few years ago the derry v harps game having around 7000 people at it, it would be a shame if it gets no where near that this time around simply because the brandywell is under development.
Seeing as Harps have the two home games side of the 3 sided coin, I would say they should at least consider it.
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 3:14pm

How can you not see the bigger picture here? As a football fan surely you want to go to games like this? Have a good atmosphere?
I don't want us to beat you in Finn park in front of 1000 people I want us to win in front of 7,000.

There will be some crying if its you and the rest of bogmen can't get a ticket for the game. Small club mentality..No surprise
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

When I read your comment I thought it was something entirely different, I would say he had a point. I remember a few years ago the derry v harps game having around 7000 people at it, it would be a shame if it gets no where near that this time around simply because the brandywell is under development.
Seeing as Harps have the two home games side of the 3 sided coin, I would say they should at least consider it.

I don't see harps giving up 2 home games against their nearest rivals simply because their stadium won't be developed in time. Sure they have had the time before the season started to get the work done.
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 3:18pm
No we haven't it's government funding controlled by Derry City Council. The club have input but little influence. As its public money all work has to go to tender.

Afaik we dont want two home games just that first game is at home, you'd still then have 2 the 2 home games
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

How can you not see the bigger picture here? As a football fan surely you want to go to games like this? Have a good atmosphere?
I don't want us to beat you in Finn park in front of 1000 people I want us to win in front of 7,000.

There will be some crying if its you and the rest of bogmen can't get a ticket for the game. Small club mentality..No surprise

Sadly mistaken if you think will only be 1000 in finn park for Harps against derry 1st game on the season. Why should we give up home advantage to yous because your stadium isn't ready in time. Thats your issue as a club not harps and as a club we got to look out for number 1 and 2 home games against derry has a direct benefit to us as a club both financial and in terms of getting the points needed to stay up
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 3:21pm
You missed my point on the 1000, it was by way of example as that is all we are likely to hold during redevelopment.
Re 2 games - see post above
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 3:28pm

You missed my point on the 1000, it was by way of example as that is all we are likely to hold during redevelopment.

My take on the article is derry to approach the fai and harps to reverse the fixtures between the club's so that be all 3 games to be played.

Even so with an away game to dundalk the following week I can't see harps being keen to give up home advantage against derry in 1st game of the season
Dundrum Rover View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dundrum Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 3:34pm
The way crowds have been in the brandy the last number of seasons i think there will be plenty of room, They could give the Harps 1000 tickets and it still won't be full and if as Henry seems tom be suggesting that Finn Harps coming to Derry will attract 7000 wtf that seems mad when you consider the brutal crowds there in the last number of years then i suggest its the Derry public that are not seeing the bigger picture.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

The same FAI that the club had been in constant contact with very regulalry about the very issues? The same FAI whos' Honorrary Treausrer is part and parcel of the Mons even to this day? Is this the same club you refer to that just about everybody with even a passing interest in LOI knew were on the breadline ona numbe rof occasion in previous years and again that season?

So one or two people make a comment at that time that big bad Mons obviously timed it to surprise the FAI and you present it earlier as fact? Maybe im no pmthe one that needs to 'come on'.
Did Mons fold the LoI side during the Euro's?

Was there plenty of comment at the time that this was a 'tactically' timed move?

The answer to the above is yes and yes, so what is the problem now?

Back on topic, Dundalk and Pats visit Tallaght twice, but the downside is we have to visit that deathtrap and fund Bohs limping on for another season twice.  Sligo, Youths and Harps is as easy a three game start as it gets.

The third last game is Rovers v Dundalk. Potential to be huge already 
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

The same FAI that the club had been in constant contact with very regulalry about the very issues? The same FAI whos' Honorrary Treausrer is part and parcel of the Mons even to this day? Is this the same club you refer to that just about everybody with even a passing interest in LOI knew were on the breadline ona numbe rof occasion in previous years and again that season?

So one or two people make a comment at that time that big bad Mons obviously timed it to surprise the FAI and you present it earlier as fact? Maybe im no pmthe one that needs to 'come on'.

Was there plenty of comment at the time that this was a 'tactically' timed move?

Back on topic, Dundalk and Pats visit Tallaght twice, but the downside is we have to visit that deathtrap and fund Bohs limping on for another season twice.  Sligo, Youths and Harps is as easy a three game start as it gets.

Just stop embarrassing yourself!
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Just stop embarrassing yourself!
Yeah seriously do what the Dundalk lad says. You presented hearsay as fact , no matter how many people commented on it, it's hearsay. Now you are doing what you do best and trying to tangent your point to suit. If we had of did it in March no doubt in your logic we were out to embarrass St. Paddy or if it was around Xmas we were out to get Santa Claus. I wont even mention the Easter Bunny...Give over.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 5:05pm
I didn't present anything as fact. There is a lot of vagina straining going on here. My opinion that is shared by others is that Mons timed the announcement knowing the FAI had less options during the Euros. That has equal validity to your belief that it was a coincidence.

But carry on nitpicking over a tiny phrase with Dunadalk there.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 5:11pm

My take on the article is derry to approach the fai and harps to reverse the fixtures between the club's so that be all 3 games to be played.

Even so with an away game to dundalk the following week I can't see harps being keen to give up home advantage against derry in 1st game of the season

No definitely not - it's only the first game needs reversed with game 2. I wouldn't expect harps to agree to a swap of a 3 games. Looking forward to the games but more so if the reverse is agreed
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Dundrum Rover Dundrum Rover wrote:

The way crowds have been in the brandy the last number of seasons i think there will be plenty of room, They could give the Harps 1000 tickets and it still won't be full and if as Henry seems tom be suggesting that Finn Harps coming to Derry will attract 7000 wtf that seems mad when you consider the brutal crowds there in the last number of years then i suggest its the Derry public that are not seeing the bigger picture.

You on the gear or what?
Crowds down alright but we can expect a full ground for harps. Its a derby so will attract people who don't normally go.
Where did I say we'd get 7000? I'd be dissappointed if we couldn't get 4k.
What bigger picture do the Derry public not get ?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 5:29pm

I didn't present anything as fact. There is a lot of vagina straining going on here. My opinion that is shared by others is that Mons timed the announcement knowing the FAI had less options during the Euros. That has equal validity to your belief that it was a coincidence.

But carry on nitpicking over a tiny phrase with Dunadalk there.
[/QUOTE] Mons just threw the toys out of the pram and folded one of their teams and timed it knowing the FAI were in Poland. [/QUOTE] That's presenting it as fact. Not nitpicking, just calling you out on it. now you call it an opinion. Some people know for certain what went on and others like you speculate and decide for yourselves what happened based on rumour/unsubstantiated comments or whatever else catches your eye. 

Now if you want to mention it again/reply to me, find the relevant thread and do it there. 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 7:09pm

Might have to get a new banner with "3 in a row and we won it in talla"

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Dundrum Rover View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dundrum Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 7:30pm

ehhhh i want us to win in front of 7000, anyway what ever the crowd yis get it has to be more than any game last season. Seeing as there is a big Harps revival crowd wise will Derry give more tickets to the away fans?

Edited by Dundrum Rover - 23 Dec 2015 at 7:31pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic