Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2015 Champions League Final

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 8:29pm
2-0 Barca
Sponsored Links

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 8:48pm
a comfortable Barca win. 2-0 or 3-0.
Gonna do Barca -2 @ 5/1.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 9:20pm
Who that with RM?
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 10:26pm
Have done barcelona -1 and -2 asian handicap.  Reckon a 3-0 win for barcelona as long as they manage to get a goal in the first half
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Who that with RM?

Thats with BV.
EDIT:19/4 now.

Edited by rossieman - 04 Jun 2015 at 10:31pm
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Pinturicchio Pinturicchio wrote:

Giorgio is a loss especially from a leadership perspective and for him on a personal level having stuck with the club when relegated to Serie B to miss the biggest club game around through injury sustained in training is tough.

He is Juves most rugged defender and from physical battle point of view could cause Neymar and Suarez to jib out of some challenges and he never makes a mistake in the air on bread and butter balls like Benatia and Bayern defence when Barca went direct. But he is also juves quickest centre back and covers well when Bonucci or Barzagli need. While he is not likening quick he is a shade quicker than those 2 which could be crucial with Suarez runs in behind.

But although Giorgio has been back to his best lately especially with man of the match performancer in Coppa Italia final he has been below his best all season and still liable to make rash mistakes even when playing well.. ie against Real he was very good in the second leg especially second half..but did conceed needless penalty and in the first leg needless rush out of position to the left wing created mis match in the middle to leave ronaldo unmarked for simple header.

Andrea Barzagli for me is one of the most under rated centre backs in the world for the last 10 years. But Girgio been out will prob mean Bonucci moving from right centre back to left and Barzagli coming in on the right which is another small chance.  Bonucci has been in Juves top 3 performers all season with Tevez and Marchisio.

The real big decision for Alegri is whether to start Pirlo on what prob will be his last game for Juve before moving to New York to link up with Lampard and David Villa.

I think its almost certain he will start as despite been below his best of late his set pieces and passes could be key and in Rakitic, Ineista and Busquets i dont think barca will sacrifice any of those to sit on Pirlo but try press him collectively.

But I think if Juve started Pereyra or Sturaro they would be more defenceivley solid and also espescially with pereyra bring more pace to our counter attack.

Evra against Messi one on one is the big worry but hopefully Patrice will use his experience to not allow messi cut inside everytime and force him down the outside while starting Sturaro would send Marchisio into Pirlo role and Pogba to the right where I think he might  be able to use his size and physicality to control Iniesta and Sturaro would then help Evra with Messi.

Starting Pereyra would see him play the Vidal role behind the strikers given much needed pace and better dribbling and coming close to Vidals work rate. And allow Vidal to add more energy to a central trio of Pogba Marchisio Vidal.

I think Lichsteiner provided he does not get booked early can do a good job on Neymar. Barzagli and Bonucci can defend comfortable when the ball is in front of them but on through balls and runners from deep may suffer...but i think Juve will defend deep for long periods

Evra will need help and Juve need to have 2 players on Messi before he gets motoring and tactical fouling will apply...see Cheillini tackle on Ronaldo late in the first leg. He may beat one or 2 men but not the 3rd ala Bilbao he will be fouled, hopefully Turkish ref will keep his cards in his pocket early on....very doubtfull however he is the lad who sent off nani for the high foot at old trafford a few years ago and also sent off Terry for the knee in the back off the ball chelsea v barca game that chelsea progressed to the final.

I think Juve will take very little risk while in possession but try to keep the ball, but this year more than ever Pirlo has started to lose the ball in dangerous positions which could spell disaster against Barca on the counter attack.

Know after a few games under his belt I expect the real paul Pogba to show up and have a big game.
Moratta and Tevez will be crucial to Juve especially on the counterattack and will have to take any chance they get.

But Vidal at his absolute best is a must if Juve are to win...if Juve win baring buffon making a ton of world class saves or tevez or Moratta scoring a few Vidal will be man of the match.

I hope allegri has learned from the real madrid games especially the second leg because if Juve give Alves and Jordi Alba the space and time and amount of ball Carvajal and Marcello got  the will use it much better.  Juve have to exploit the space in behind these 2 and try keep them pinned back.

At the Semi final draw I wanted Real as I felt over 2 legs Juve could take them and over 2 legs playing barca or Bayern would be extremley difficult to get past....but in a one off game Juve would have a better chance.

Now that change might be only 10 or 20% Juve get a positive result only 1 in 5 games.

But like all big games crucial moments will need to go in Juves favour.
Juve will need to show more ambition on the ball and not just sit back like Villa against Arsenal but nearly every Villa player played below par and some were awful but if they could have hung on for 5 more minutes got to half time at 0-0 and regrouped it would of been a way more difficult second half.

I was confident of beating Real and monaco before although Juve were poor the Dortmund away match is where Juve players started to believe and an early goal aagin would really settle Juve and make for a good final.

Obviously the danger and very likely hood of barca scoring early and winning comfortably by 2,3 or more goals is there but my heart believes that Juve can keep it tight hang in there and even if the go behind keep it to 1 goal deficit and nick a goal to force penalties

And as Buffon said 2006 from serie A champions- world cup winners to serie B in the matter of months.
From Berlin to Serie B and now back to Berlin

Key defender Nesta ruled out with injury matterazzi steps in and becomes the azzurri hero. 
Could the stars be aligining in the italians favour again and history repeating itself.

If my head does not think so my heart is daydreaming and the fact that I have a good few bob on Juve at 33/1 from December lets me dream

As the man in my avatar said to me Messi has only scored once from play in 10 years against italian teams, but unfortunatley this team is more than just messi

if not hopefully Pogba or Pirlo or somebody pulls a savecevic from 1994 as his fantastic goal inspired a milan team missing key defenders Costacurta and Baresi to thrash Cruyffs higly fancied Barca team 4-0

Also lifting the cup 30 years after Heysel would be nice tribute and remmeberance for the Juve fans that lost their life that night supporting their team.

Once again Pinturrichio, another excellent post, far better insight than I could ever hope to provide. Heart definetely overruling the head on this one for me too, but its far from a lost cause. As you said, winning 30 years after Heysel would be very poignant indeed.
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 12:46am
Juve on penos Thumbs Up  
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 11:30am
cant see juve containing barca

Barca -1 for my bet
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 11:39am
Have to say that it looks like Barca by a 2-0 or 3-1.

Barca look too good to stop just now.
Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
MasterOfApples View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterOfApples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 2:06pm
If Barca score first they will win easily. If not I can see Juve sneaking this by the odd goal.
Craven Cottage, by the river ...
Dear Old Roker View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dear Old Roker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 10:07am
2 1 Barca Messi & Neymar the scorers.
The Roker Roar will never die
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 12:09pm
Really looking forward to this tonight come on Barca.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Curiousdub Curiousdub wrote:

Barcelona this season have been absolutely spectacular.

They will win it easily in the end.
They certainly play some quality football.
ftm View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ftm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 5:15pm
Both teams going for the treble tonight high steaks indeed.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 5:35pm
ftm View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ftm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 6:10pm
Not sure whether to watch it on ITV or Sky tonight.
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 6:31pm
No surprises.

Ter Stegen - Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Alba - Rakitic, Busquets, Iniesta - Messi, Suarez, Neymar

Buffon, Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Bonucci, Evra, Marchisio, Pirlo, Pogba, Vidal, Tevez, Morata.

Edited by tribalarmy - 06 Jun 2015 at 6:31pm
ftm View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ftm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 6:45pm
Neymar to be the main man tonight.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic