You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2012 Season: Transfers/Rumours

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 29>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quayman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012 Season: Transfers/Rumours
    Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 4:17pm
I'll get it started:

Mark Quigley to Sligo seems to be doing some rounds across the forums.
Sponsored Links

GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 5:27am
Should be interesting to see hoe Doyler does not Gerk. I dont think he is there just yet, bu tevery season he has played with us he has improved. Can he push on is the question.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 5:29am
Ye and still only 23
Deal yet to be done but looks likely

May head over for the Celtic or Rangers game next year

Anyone got a Hibs jersey?

Edited by The GerK - 20 Dec 2011 at 5:29am
el2nz View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el2nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 5:46am
Looks like Stewart Graecen will be signing or Glentoran, which will be a big loss for Derry. They're going to fly him in from Scotland for games.

And Gareth McGlynn has got a visa for Australia, so he's off too.
MrFantastico View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrFantastico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 6:29am
jaysus, didn't think grace an was that good, cost derry the game in talaght aswell
We hate princess diana, we hate elton john too, we hate orange bastards but rovers we love you.    KOH
MariborKev View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MariborKev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 6:34am
MrF,

That was probably his one mistake of the season.  The number of SCs that awarded him POTY tells it own tale.  The fact that several other LOI clubs were interested probably tells a tale as well.
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 7:26am
Originally posted by MariborKev MariborKev wrote:

MrF,

That was probably his one mistake of the season.  The number of SCs that awarded him POTY tells it own tale.  The fact that several other LOI clubs were interested probably tells a tale as well.

He was fantastic in the games i seen him
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
MrFantastico View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrFantastico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 8:02am
to be fair i seen four derry games all season, 3 against us, and one v sligo didn't think he was that impressive but you have seen him all season and seemed clued up on football so i will agree with you, what do you think  on the odds on kenny getting slashed into evens ?
We hate princess diana, we hate elton john too, we hate orange bastards but rovers we love you.    KOH
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 8:14am

Three 100e bets taken in Tallaght on Kenny ,would nt read too much in to it

"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 8:55am
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

Three 100e bets taken in Tallaght on Kenny ,would nt read too much in to it

Dont know how interested Shams would be in Kenny but he was always licking ass on MNS about them. So Id say he'd like the job.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 8:58am

Club confirmed we have signed Gary Rogers. Great shot stopper and decent in the air from what i seen but any Pats fans like to comment on his footballing skills. The way we played last season the keeper was almost used like a sweeper.

TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 9:08am
Kenny down to 4/7 now
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 9:28am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Club confirmed we have signed Gary Rogers. Great shot stopper and decent in the air from what i seen but any Pats fans like to comment on his footballing skills. The way we played last season the keeper was almost used like a sweeper.

decent keeper under Mahon but brutal for kickouts, had a nightmare under Kenna when he joined us 1st.
Presume its only a matter of time before we re-sign Clarke
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 9:34am

Dont know how interested Shams would be in Kenny but he was always licking ass on MNS about them. So Id say he'd like the job.

He was what? One of the main reasons he won't get the job is his comments over Rovers, specifcally the mess he made of the Zayed situation.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 9:50am
Crossed wires. Kenny Cunnigham came to my mind.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MariborKev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 9:55am
If SK wants to walk, I'll not shed any tears.

There are only some many times one man can throw the dummy and then come back.

He is a fantastic manager but his teams cost a fortune to run, and I rather we had a club in 10 years.
We need to get out off the field set up right in order to match Rovers and we have been static/going backwards for the last decade on that front.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 10:21am

Crossed wires. Kenny Cunnigham came to my mind.

My understanding is he is in the mix, as are about a half dozen of the Irish team from that era.

Bookies must love manager markets. Roddy Collins, Pat Scully, Paul Cooke all in the running Stephen Kenny now favourite? Christmas will be great in the RTID house laying off to all these fools on Betfair.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 10:22am
Originally posted by MariborKev MariborKev wrote:

If SK wants to walk, I'll not shed any tears.

There are only some many times one man can throw the dummy and then come back.

He is a fantastic manager but his teams cost a fortune to run, and I rather we had a club in 10 years.
We need to get out off the field set up right in order to match Rovers and we have been static/going backwards for the last decade on that front.

All of the above is why I am mystified anyone is placing money on him...

All seems to come from a twitter 'rumour'
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MariborKev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 10:47am
There's more than a Twitter rumour to it RTID.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 11:47am
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

decent keeper under Mahon but brutal for kickouts, had a nightmare under Kenna when he joined us 1st.
Presume its only a matter of time before we re-sign Clarke

or cherrie

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 5:12am

Sean and Ryan brennan are signing for Drogheda!

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
1899 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1899 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 11:15am
Aaron Greene and Eoin Doyle to the league champions.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 11:32am
Eoin Doyle? Really? We let him go for a reason.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 11:55am
Shamrock are scum Thumbs Up
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 11:59am
In fairness, Doyle has had a brilliant season, if the lad has progressed the way it seems he has, why wouldn't O'Neill bring him back?  
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

In fairness, Doyle has had a brilliant season, if the lad has progressed the way it seems he has, why wouldn't O'Neill bring him back?  

Because he was toxic when he played for Rovers. One of the worst strikers I have seen in hoops. And I saw Padraig Dully. Once a player is rejected, that should be that. Fair play to him for dropping down a level and making it, much to my surprise, but like with Kilduff, I see no point in resigning him. He has proven he isn't Rovers class.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

I know this place isn't moderated to a great degree, and that is a good thing, but a mod should put you to bed for a week or two. You bring nothing to anything.
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 12:42pm
are rovers renting SDCC stadium again this season? or is that the cheapest option at the moment?
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Because he was toxic when he played for Rovers. One of the worst strikers I have seen in hoops. And I saw Padraig Dully. Once a player is rejected, that should be that. Fair play to him for dropping down a level and making it, much to my surprise, but like with Kilduff, I see no point in resigning him. He has proven he isn't Rovers class.

I agree he was piss poor for us, but he was young and he has plainly benefitted from playing for Cook, I disagree totally that once a player is rejected that should be that.  Doyle had a superb season, one can't deny that and only time will tell if he can prove to be Rovers player if he does come back to Tallaght.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 12:46pm
Kilduff should come back to UCD and be one of the league's top scorers again, rvs are toxic
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 1:39pm

Boccer going down under and possibly Aidan Downes

TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 1:43pm

Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

I agree he was piss poor for us, but he was young and he has plainly benefitted from playing for Cook, I disagree totally that once a player is rejected that should be that.  Doyle had a superb season, one can't deny that and only time will tell if he can prove to be Rovers player if he does come back to Tallaght.

Would be a great signing although I think he has thrived playing for a good football side in Sligo I dont think the style Rvs and MON play would suit him ,but certainly a better player to have in your squad than Gary O'Neill
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 2:38pm

Thats a great comment.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Thats a great comment.

Cheers Thumbs Up

Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
D5Hoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D5Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by 1899 1899 wrote:

Heard greene was going back to the UK ??
SRFC Dublin.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 3:35pm
we are a mess Thumbs Up

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 3:12am
Originally posted by D5Hoop D5Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by 1899 1899 wrote:

Heard greene was going back to the UK ??

Trial with Preston
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 29>
  Share Topic