You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1981
    Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 8:55am
38 years since they never came home and still no justice.Angry
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

What, in your opinion, would be justice?
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

A public apology to the bereaved families for the suppressing of vital evidence which throws serious doubt on the findings in the Keane tribunal.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 14 Feb 2019 at 4:29pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 5:54pm

A public apology to the bereaved families for the suppressing of vital evidence which throws serious doubt on the findings in the Keane tribunal.
From who, Teresa May?
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

From who, Teresa May?
I think we might have crossed wires here, I'm talking about the Stardust fire on early morning of Valentine's day in 81. 

GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 10:05pm

Stardust disaster was absolutely shocking, the survivors and families of the bereaved have always felt the investigation/tribunal wasn’t thorough enough, a lot of unanswered questions.
Government said to reopen the case years later “wasn’t in the public interest”.
48 young men and women died.
Fire exits padlocked, breaches of fire safety regulations.
Owners never apologised, never faced any charges......they got paid compensation due to the original finding that it was caused by arson.

Edited by GB 1HughJarse - 14 Feb 2019 at 10:06pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 10:52am
Shocking to think that this cover up has lasted as long as it has.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 11:03am

From who, Teresa May?
I think we might have crossed wires here, I'm talking about the Stardust fire on early morning of Valentine's day in 81. 

I actually made that assumption myself. Thought it was something to do with the hunger strike.

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 1:02pm

From who, Teresa May?

Ah Embarrassed
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 10:36am
Item on now on Miriam O'Callaghan (rte1 radio)
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 10:30pm

A public apology from whom?

Some dopey f**ker padlocked the fire escapes. Could never have known what would follow. Do we really want to turn somebody in to a public figure of hate for something they are probably beating themselves up over every day for the last 38 years?

Not popular, but this, and the Hillsborough campaign, do my head in.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 10:39pm
would you have the same opinion if one of your friends/relatives died in either incident Lenny?
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

would you have the same opinion if one of your friends/relatives died in either incident Lenny?

Probably not but I don't get what either campaign is actually seeking to achieve. If somebody can articulate in one sentence what 'justice for the Stardust' or 'Justice for Hillsborough' actually looks like, it would go some way to ending the prolonged suffering of the families.

Look at Grenfell. Will there be justice when the civil servant, who chose the flammable cladding, gets jailed for 40 years?

Some things are simply a tragedy and we need to commemorate those who lost their lives, not look for a neck to hang!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 11:26pm

A public apology from whom?

Some dopey f**ker padlocked the fire escapes. Could never have known what would follow. Do we really want to turn somebody in to a public figure of hate for something they are probably beating themselves up over every day for the last 38 years?

Not popular, but this, and the Hillsborough campaign, do my head in.
kin ell.. the clue is in the first line you typed..fire escape. An escape route in case of fire or indeed other emergency. How can you say “could never have known” what what would follow. It would be fairly clear to even the most braindead that if you padlock a fire escape and there is a fire then the fire escape becomes...well not a fire escape anymore. Your ignorance is astounding.

As for Hillsborough, the ongoing criminal cases should also give you a small inkling of what that particular campaign hopes to achieve. 

Unreal that you you seem to advocate nobody being responsible for mass loss of life in at least two cases where a person or persons are clearly responsible. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 11:28pm

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Probably not but I don't get what either campaign is actually seeking to achieve. If somebody can articulate in one sentence what 'justice for the Stardust' or 'Justice for Hillsborough' actually looks like, it would go some way to ending the prolonged suffering of the families.

Look at Grenfell. Will there be justice when the civil servant, who chose the flammable cladding, gets jailed for 40 years?

Some things are simply a tragedy and we need to commemorate those who lost their lives, not look for a neck to hang!
Its called accountability Lenny, and if nobody is held accountable in this world for actions that lead to injury or death amongst other things then put your thinking cap on and think about where we go, imagine the free for all. Unreal attitude to have.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 11:49pm
Sham, I know it is not a popular angle, but it is likely that whomever padlocked the fire escape, had no idea that it was indeed a 'fire' escape. Do you really think that (hypothetically) a 20 year old lounge boy should be scape goated for such a tragedy?

Hillsborough, how do you get justice for that? Forget the horrible press coverage and the appalling attempts at covering up. How do you make somebody accountable? Is it the guy who opened the gates? The guy who told him to open the gates? The guy who gave the authority to the guy who told the guy to open the gates?

Edited by Lenny82 - 17 Feb 2019 at 11:55pm
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 11:54pm
I do realise how cold and horrible this sounds by the way, and I know the majority won't agree with me. I in no way mean to cause offence to those affected by these tragedies and I know that families are still suffering every day since. God bless them.

Edited by Lenny82 - 17 Feb 2019 at 11:57pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 12:02am

Sham, I know it is not a popular angle, but it is likely that whomever padlocked the fire escape, had no idea that it was indeed a 'fire' escape. Do you really think that (hypothetically) a 20 year old lounge boy should be scape coated for such a tragedy?

Hillsborough, how do you get justice for that? Forget the horrible press coverage and the appalling attempts at covering up. How do you make somebody accountable? Is it the guy who opened the gates? The guy who told him to open the gates? The guy who gave the authority to the guy who told the guy to open the gates?
There was more than one padlocked and some others had chains draped over to make it look like they were locked. It has already been established that this was deliberate to prevent people getting in for free by way of mates opening them from the inside. Even in the dark days of the 80s fire escapes were around and known about, it wasnt exactly cave man times. In the case of te loungeboy, if not him, then his superior that instructed they be locked. Even then it was prohibted. However, this goes much deeper than the fire exits, and perhaps you should eductae yourself on the full story before commenting in such fashion, at least if you still hold the viewpoin5 you do, it will be an informed one of sorts.

As for Hillsborough, the decision makers are the ones respnsible, and the ones now on trial. Again, as has been well established, there were a number of near misses with Hollsborough in previous years that werent acted on. 

Neither of these events were natural disasters where human culpability is absent, these were both tragedies caused or exacerbated by human action by people charged with the safety and duty of care to others. When that duty fails or is neglected then someone must be held accountable to at least try prevent it from happening again and achieve justice. Otherwise, like I said previous, it becomes a free for all. In very very simple terms, if you rob a shop and there is absolutely no risk of answering for your crime, sure fuk it, ill rob one too, and ill send my young son to to do it because sure nobody is ever held accountable.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic