You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1/4 Final: England v Sweden Sat @ 3 pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Poll Question: Who will advance to the semi finals?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
21 [52.50%]
19 [47.50%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

England will be playing at the earlier time too.
Which means it will be that bit hotter and will make it that bit more difficult for them.

Clutching at straws here but....

No need to clutch at straws. Sweden KO them Saturday afternoon. 

2/1 Sweden to qualify 

Jesus H Christ rossieman, keep the odds out of this and in the betting thread, otherwise the thread police will be after your collar.

f**k THE (thread) POLICE

Edited by rossieman - 05 Jul 2018 at 5:30pm
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

England will be playing at the earlier time too.
Which means it will be that bit hotter and will make it that bit more difficult for them.

Clutching at straws here but....
Surprised you’re not rooting for England Horse

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sharpshooter View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharpshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 9:00pm
Has it dawned on you guys that England might just be winning this whole thing?  The English are increasingly confident with all the #itscominghome meme's.

They're up against a pretty ordinary Sweden side, and then in a semi-final against Croatia/Russia.

I don't why people would back a team like Croatia who never have even made a major final.  It wouldn't suprise me if Croatia totally choke against England in a semi, the old the Yugoslavia despite their incredibly talented teams always seem to suffer tournament meltdowns at some point.

England have got to be the favourites for the final, and then who knows?  Portugal were dire in the last Euro's, but were in the "easier" half of the draw which containted Poland/Portugal/Wales/Belgium vs Germany/Italy/France/Iceland (was supposed to be England).  Portugal fluked the whole thing.

Team spirit might just carry England the whole way.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 10:02pm
Heat will have the same affect on Sweden. It’s a 50/50 game however A goal scorer like Kane could be the difference. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 1:33am
the heat would surely affect an older Swedish side more so than England who have the youngest squad in the tournament

Cant see anything but England progressing here 
Read the same heart over head hopeful talk a few days ago about Colombia who were well over rated 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 06 Jul 2018 at 1:33am
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 3:51am
Desperate stuff trying to factor the weather as to why England might lose although Sweden is further North of the equator LOL

Think this will be a very boring game decided on penalties. England are the better side but Sweden are their bogey team and I think both sides will be very nervy
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 5:13am
Originally posted by Sharpshooter Sharpshooter wrote:

I don't why people would back a team like Croatia who never have even made a major final.  It wouldn't suprise me if Croatia totally choke against England in a semi

You mean Croatia who has only been in existence for 20 odd years has never made a final....
Can you list all the finals England have made in that time?
Or actually all the finals they have made in the last 50 years?

Croatia midfield is simply miles better than England’s. 
I think that’s why people are saying Croatia would be likely to beat England if they get past Sweden.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

the heat would surely affect an older Swedish side more so than England who have the youngest squad in the tournament

Read the same heart over head hopeful talk a few days ago about Colombia who were well over rated 
Still think it would be a different fixture tomorrow if Rodriguez was fit.
kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 10:40am
Should Maradona have to had apologized for his comments on the game against Columbia
Might have been a bit extreme but was essentially correct in what he said
Referee was poor - for both sides, both should have been down to ten men, both should have had penalties given

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 11:05am
Colombia FFS Angry
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 11:06am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Colombia FFS Angry
Clap
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 11:18am

Mateus Uribe FFS Angry
Fixed.

If only he had scored his penalty instead of hitting the woodwork, that would have put the next England player (who I believe was Trippier) under real pressure just to stay in the shoot-out. And we know how that has usually turned out in the past...
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 11:20am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Mateus Uribe FFS Angry
Fixed.

If only he had scored his penalty instead of hitting the woodwork, that would have put the next England player (who I believe was Trippier) under real pressure just to stay in the shoot-out. And we know how that has usually turned out in the past...

He was correcting the grammatical error in the previous post LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 11:21am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Still think it would be a different fixture tomorrow if Rodriguez was fit.

100%
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 11:27am
I can't see Sweden scoring, Berg will need fifty chances before he takes one, even with England's dodgy defence and keeper, but I do wonder where England's creativity will come from. They only really have looked dangerous from corners and that is an area Sweden have seemed solid, as you would expect. This really could be up there with France and Denmark as worst game of the tournament.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Mateus Uribe FFS Angry
Fixed.

He was correcting the grammatical error in the previous post LOL
Ah right. LOL

My point stands though.  If only that penno had been scored, we would have avoided all this tiresome jingoism from the media. And if they get through to the semis, God help us!!! Dead
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 11:54am
I actually think if either of the two ColOmbian lads that missed had scored they would have gone on to win. Dier looked nervous as f*ck with that decisive penalty - if that had been to stay in rather than to win it had 'miss' written all over it. Keeper probably should have saved it as it was but with all that extra pressure there's a good chance he wouldn't have hit the target.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 12:01pm

Sweden played out a fairly comfortable win in normal time,that may be a factor.

Hardly heart over head talk to think Colombia were overpriced.On the day they were terrible ,no James and change of formation didn't help yet it took England needing a penalty shoot out to progress.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic