You Boys in Green Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1/2 Final: England v Croatia Wed @ 7 pm
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1/2 Final: England v Croatia Wed @ 7 pm

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272829
Poll Question: Who will make the final?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
24 [42.11%]
33 [57.89%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
Man City records obsession

Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Location: Dundalk
Status: Offline
Points: 5505
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:


Im guessing you didn’t do higher level maths if you think that’s an open goal.


Don't know how good my granny was at maths, and she's been dead for over a quarter of a century, but I'm pretty sure she would have scored that.

The first effort he could have passed to sterling, a better shot or a simple dummy and it was a certain goal.

The follow up was from a tight angle with a player on the line and a GK coming at him. From that angle with a player on the line he only had a small space to get the ball in.

In the end he hit the post and off the keeper

It definitely wasn’t an open goal. 


Back to Top
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Joined: 28 Jan 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 23935
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 8:16pm
more people in Ireland watched this game than watched Ireland winning the 6 nations and the all Ireland hurling final 
Back to Top
planning View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Football version of Comical Ali.

Joined: 17 Mar 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 2764
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by celticfc24 celticfc24 wrote:

Ye have no problem hating the English football team yet ye have no problem supporting English clubs. I presume ye realise that the English nation would get some laugh out of reading comments posted on here about them. 

Do you not think they have bigger things to worry about?

English club football has worldwide appeal. The English national team only has English appeal. The rest of the world hates them, their fans, and their media sucking up to them. And most of the world tuned in this week, to see them lose, which they did. 

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

This is certainly such a final. France v Croatia is traditionally a pairing much more befitting of a last 16 tie in European Championship. 

France v England would have been a classic pairing - two of the great powers of the game and a fascinating historical/geopolitical backdrop. 

France v Croatia is the equivalent of Inter Milan v Bayer Leverkusen in a Champions League final. You might watch it because its a final. if it wasn't, you might well give it a miss.

Most people will probably still watch purely on the basis of it being a World Cup final, but not with any great enthusiasm.

I thought that was a FIFA accountant posting there for a minute. 

This is not the second round of the European Cup. It's the World Cup Final.  It will sell out in the stands, and the world will still watch in their millions and billions, even those who didn't make the tournament, let alone the final.

There has been 6 goals scored in the final since France last won it with the box office countries. The last three have all gone to extra time, one has gone to penalties. This year, we have the enthusiasm of Croatia v the experience of France, a refreshing alternative from the usual Germany/Brazil/Spain big country monopoly. There are no byes in this tournament, you can't transfer players, and there's very little financial reward. It's all about the honour of representing your country on the biggest stage in football. So if you want to win it, you have to go out and earn it.


Edited by planning - 13 Jul 2018 at 8:55pm
If it ain't broken, Don't fix it.
Back to Top
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan


Joined: 21 Mar 2011
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 812
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:56pm
Sidney waddell is a fraud. Has numerous alises on here. Bit sad.
Back to Top
celticfc24 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira


Joined: 17 Mar 2013
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 9
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote celticfc24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 10:11pm
So posters on here spend day in day out arguing and discussing English club football, spend time, money and probably annual leave to visit their favourite English football clubs but yet hate the English football team. If those same fans are so hateful towards the English football team why don’t they change their ways, put all their effort into supporting their local league of Ireland football team and totally disregard any football club in England they support. 
Back to Top
celticfc24 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira


Joined: 17 Mar 2013
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 9
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote celticfc24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 10:14pm
And 3 pages about the World Cup final and 29 pages mainly discussing England. Looks like lots of people have a chip on their shoulder 
Back to Top
Weeblywee View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Avatar

Joined: 11 Oct 2017
Location: Manchester
Status: Offline
Points: 235
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weeblywee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 10:17pm
what are the others?
Back to Top
sid waddell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
On a dark desert highway

Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 7334
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Irish2011 Irish2011 wrote:

Sidney waddell is a fraud. Has numerous alises on here. Bit sad.
Really? 

Name one!
....cool wind in my hair warm smell of colitas rising up through the air

The BDO - Real darts, real people.
Back to Top
sid waddell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
On a dark desert highway

Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 7334
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by celticfc24 celticfc24 wrote:

Ye have no problem hating the English football team yet ye have no problem supporting English clubs. I presume ye realise that the English nation would get some laugh out of reading comments posted on here about them. 

Do you not think they have bigger things to worry about?

English club football has worldwide appeal. The English national team only has English appeal. The rest of the world hates them, their fans, and their media sucking up to them. And most of the world tuned in this week, to see them lose, which they did. 

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

This is certainly such a final. France v Croatia is traditionally a pairing much more befitting of a last 16 tie in European Championship. 

France v England would have been a classic pairing - two of the great powers of the game and a fascinating historical/geopolitical backdrop. 

France v Croatia is the equivalent of Inter Milan v Bayer Leverkusen in a Champions League final. You might watch it because its a final. if it wasn't, you might well give it a miss.

Most people will probably still watch purely on the basis of it being a World Cup final, but not with any great enthusiasm.

I thought that was a FIFA accountant posting there for a minute. 

This is not the second round of the European Cup. It's the World Cup Final.  It will sell out in the stands, and the world will still watch in their millions and billions, even those who didn't make the tournament, let alone the final.

There has been 6 goals scored in the final since France last won it with the box office countries. The last three have all gone to extra time, one has gone to penalties. This year, we have the enthusiasm of Croatia v the experience of France, a refreshing alternative from the usual Germany/Brazil/Spain big country monopoly. There are no byes in this tournament, you can't transfer players, and there's very little financial reward. It's all about the honour of representing your country on the biggest stage in football. So if you want to win it, you have to go out and earn it.

Lolzers. As well as completely contradicting yourself about the massive worldwide interest in the England team, and admitting I'm correct about it, your obviously incorrect claim that there is just as much worldwide interest in a France v Croatia final as there would be in a France v England or Brazil v England final is based on "it will sell out in the stands". LOL

Christ, you're some moron. LOL
....cool wind in my hair warm smell of colitas rising up through the air

The BDO - Real darts, real people.
Back to Top
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Avatar

Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 15839
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

more people in Ireland watched this game than watched Ireland winning the 6 nations and the all Ireland hurling final 
Not strictly accurate as how many watched sky's coverage of the all Ireland hurling final over rtes
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.
Back to Top
planning View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Football version of Comical Ali.

Joined: 17 Mar 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 2764
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 12:27am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Lolzers. As well as completely contradicting yourself about the massive worldwide interest in the England team, and admitting I'm correct about it, your obviously incorrect claim that there is just as much worldwide interest in a France v Croatia final as there would be in a France v England or Brazil v England final is based on "it will sell out in the stands". 

Confused

England haven't made a WCF in 50 years. You've lost your marbles if you think the world is going to do something else on Sunday, just because they're going home. 

The whole world will watch it. Even GAA-heads want to watch the final of a "British sport". The Galway county board wrote to FIFA last week to change the ko time of their parochial muck, so that they could later watch the global showpiece that is the FIFA World Cup Final, with the rest of the world. 


Edited by planning - 14 Jul 2018 at 12:44am
Back to Top
sid waddell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
On a dark desert highway

Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 7334
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 12:27am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

more people in Ireland watched this game than watched Ireland winning the 6 nations and the all Ireland hurling final 
Not strictly accurate as how many watched sky's coverage of the all Ireland hurling final over rtes
A lot, lot less than watched ITV's coverage of England v Croatia instead of RTE's.

And a lot less watched those games at all in the North than watched England v Croatia.



....cool wind in my hair warm smell of colitas rising up through the air

The BDO - Real darts, real people.
Back to Top
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2014
Location: 1st and Goal
Status: Offline
Points: 2116
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 2:01am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Lolzers. As well as completely contradicting yourself about the massive worldwide interest in the England team, and admitting I'm correct about it, your obviously incorrect claim that there is just as much worldwide interest in a France v Croatia final as there would be in a France v England or Brazil v England final is based on "it will sell out in the stands". 

Confused

England haven't made a WCF in 50 years. You've lost your marbles if you think the world is going to do something else on Sunday, just because they're going home. 

The whole world will watch it. Even GAA-heads want to watch the final of a "British sport". The Galway county board wrote to FIFA last week to change the ko time of their parochial muck, so that they could later watch the global showpiece that is the FIFA World Cup Final, with the rest of the world. 


You f**king clown, the sarcasm was clearly lost on you if you think that was legitimate LOL LOLLOL LOL LOL LOL LOLLOL LOLLOLLOLLOL 
You don't know Bo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BQ72rE6iyw
Back to Top
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
Man City records obsession

Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Location: Dundalk
Status: Offline
Points: 5505
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:


Im guessing you didn’t do higher level maths if you think that’s an open goal.


Don't know how good my granny was at maths, and she's been dead for over a quarter of a century, but I'm pretty sure she would have scored that.


Back to Top
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 16 Oct 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 1473
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 10:04am
He spends a fraction of a second thinking; will I cross it or shoot? If he doesn't do that, he scores. If he scores, England are almost certainly in the world cup final today.Small margins.
Back to Top
Terzino View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 06 Apr 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 207
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:




Feckin' super slow mo. Ruining everything. Now I have to backtrack on everything I said about Kane's shot. I'm sure he'll be happy with the news.

And Vida must have been like Samuel L Jackson and John Travolta in Pulp Fiction, when the guy fires every bullet he has at them from point blank range, but nothing hits them.

When the ball inexplicably went over the crossbar he must have thought it was a miracle.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272829
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.