0.5% beer in France

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 0.5% beer in France
    Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 2:23pm
Lads, whats the craic with queuing up to spend a fiver on a non-alcoholic pint???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

Lads, whats the craic with queuing up to spend a fiver on a non-alcoholic pint???

none at all. I did queue up to pay €6.50 for one though simply because I wanted to.
SeanG4393 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanG4393 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 2:27pm
I got one just because it tasted like beer I think. A very enjoyable pint. 
alihau41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 2:57pm

they don't sell proper beer in stadiums that has rugby and football, or just football. go to stade jean bouin (stade francais stadium beside parc des princes) and you get a nice full flavoured 5% beer

a lad in front of me at the Sweden game turned around to us after about 60 minutes and says "ah here, I didn't realise these were non-alcoholic" after necking his fourth. he thought the 0.5% written on the cup meant 50cl...

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 2:59pm
Lads getting tanked up on the stuff, hilarious LOL.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by fear-glas fear-glas wrote:

Lads getting tanked up on the stuff, hilarious LOL.

I think most lads were well tanked up before that but enjoyed the placebo effect..... 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 3:04pm
I actually thought it was nice. I had about 4 or 5 beers before the Belgium match and 2 of the 0.5 stuff in the ground. I can't have a soft drink after having a few beers and it tasted the same as normal Carlsberg. 

bananarepublic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bananarepublic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 3:52pm
No problem with the €6.50 0.5% beer of which I necked a couple at each game and enjoyed. The €4 bottle of water is a bigger rip off.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 4:24pm
Had a couple during the Swedish game. Were grand and refreshing. The non-alcoholic nature of it didn't bother us. Better value than the water!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 5:33pm
Two lads at the Sweden game going on about how great it was to be getting 5% beer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 9:14am
Yeah I had a few of these, nice drinks. After drinking so much in the buildup it was nice and refreshing, while not getting you too drunk to not remember the game.

Good idea Clap