You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The little things in life you enjoy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

So ya just offend the lad by buying him stuff to clean himself? 

Right O.
I said ask what they would like...as someone who does this often, they always ask for these things as well as OJ and yogurts. Ask them the next time you see a person begging outside a shop.

Unfortunately I asked a lady outside SuperValu if I could buy her anything and she said she would come in with me. Lifted a basket, steaks, chicken fillets. I asked her what was going on and she started to raise her voice, said she needs them for the kids. 

I was a bit embarrassed about her raising her voice so I just paid for them but it was over €60.

I am surprised she didn't ask for 20 Bensons at the end.

Kin ell. 

I don't trust anyone begging. I have seen lads in Galway who look like foreigners out in sleeping bags during the day and night.  One or two times I walked by I saw they using an ipad.   Must be a solar powered battery eh?

I'm sure there's genuine cases but I'm suspicious of them all.

Like the story of the aul one that bought a shoeless beggar on Henry Street a pair of runners and he refused them saying his bare feet bring in the money. 

There's one who begs outside Donaghmede shopping centre everyday, she gets dropped and picked up by a minibus every day.

I get There's some genuine homeless folk out there that as said but there's 100% folk who chance their arms.

I remember some UK journalist went undercover on a busy London street.

He got close to 200£ in shrapnel from people walking by.

Lad said he considered quitting his job there and then LOL
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Right O.
I said ask what they would like...as someone who does this often, they always ask for these things as well as OJ and yogurts. Ask them the next time you see a person begging outside a shop.

Unfortunately I asked a lady outside SuperValu if I could buy her anything and she said she would come in with me. Lifted a basket, steaks, chicken fillets. I asked her what was going on and she started to raise her voice, said she needs them for the kids. 

I was a bit embarrassed about her raising her voice so I just paid for them but it was over €60.

Kin ell. 

I don't trust anyone begging. I have seen lads in Galway who look like foreigners out in sleeping bags during the day and night.  One or two times I walked by I saw they using an ipad.   Must be a solar powered battery eh?

Like the story of the aul one that bought a shoeless beggar on Henry Street a pair of runners and he refused them saying his bare feet bring in the money. 

There's one who begs outside Donaghmede shopping centre everyday, she gets dropped and picked up by a minibus every day.

I get There's some genuine homeless folk out there that as said but there's 100% folk who chance their arms.

Kilkenny is said to be the most generous county in the EIRE and i remember Joe Duffy had a piece on lads getting the train to Kilkenny and back each day to clean up. 

Laughable 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 1:16pm

Right O.

Kin ell. 

There was a old man from Wicklow I believe who was gargled and fell asleep on Grafton St one day and woke up with 200e (or some decent amount of cash) - he ended up going in every day and was eventually lifted by the Garda and was in fact well off.

Another guy in Galway was pulled up on begging and he too was found with a savings book with a 5 figure sum in it.

The extremely disabled guy at Northern Cross begging every day - was spotted walking his dog in another part of Dublin!

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 2:13pm
Worth the money they get those beggars! Put in the graft get the reward, fair play to them.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 3:11pm

Right O.

Kin ell. 

Kilkenny is said to be the most generous county in the EIRE and i remember Joe Duffy had a piece on lads getting the train to Kilkenny and back each day to clean up. 

Laughable 

Was one of them DJ Carey?LOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 3:24pm
I never give to beggars. Seen too many that aren't genuine. Gave a few times when living in Manchester as you'd see the same people sleeping rough generally. When asking for money there is some difference between there and Dublin. Far more beggars and homeless but far more polite. The ones in Dublin can get quite abusive
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 3:40pm
More honest for people to say they just don't want to give money to beggars rather than using some lame justification for not giving. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 5:30pm
I'll buy someone a sandwich but I don't give anyone cash.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I'll buy someone a sandwich but I don't give anyone cash.

Clap
AKA pedantic kunt
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 9:22pm
Not having to live in Dublin.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Right O.

Kin ell. 

There was a old man from Wicklow I believe who was gargled and fell asleep on Grafton St one day and woke up with 200e (or some decent amount of cash) - he ended up going in every day and was eventually lifted by the Garda and was in fact well off.

Another guy in Galway was pulled up on begging and he too was found with a savings book with a 5 figure sum in it.

The extremely disabled guy at Northern Cross begging every day - was spotted walking his dog in another part of Dublin!

And here he is - https://twitter.com/dubslife1/status/1753358699089784972
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 6:12pm
No f**king way! Lad in front of me gave him a note last time I was going past, he had me fooled. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2024 at 8:46am
Had about 8 stout yesterday and then got a snack box and batter sausage washed down with an absolutely freezing bottle of coke zero.

Fresh as a daisy now this morning. 
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 2:27pm
Whenever you get a text to say that you've a missed call from someone that you don't want to speak to, so they tried to call when you had no signal. 

razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2024 at 5:27pm
Two bags of crisps for the price of one coming out of a vending machine in Pease Station every time I use it.

Free money in the change slot at the tolls.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 2:42pm
They forgot to charge us at our hotel last night for parking Cool
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 5:59pm
No traffic in Innishannon Clap 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 6:17pm
The new Ghostbusters movie. Objectively a disjointed, nostalgia ridden film with a slow plot.

I loved it however Thumbs Up
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021>
  Share Topic