You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The drinking thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 4:19pm
I've done 2 months here and there when I've been close to having my bags packed through the years over the drinking.
Unbelievable for the weight loss. But no craic and damaging for the mental health not to have that release/reward of having the few beers at the end of the evening when all tasks are out of the way. 

Balance is weighed too much on the drink side at the moment but as the summer holidays start approahing I'll start to ramp down more on the drinking (especially midweek) and ramp up on the gym days.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 4:21pm
Some serious boozers in this thread LOL

I couldn’t do more than 2 nights a week or I’d be feeling like sh*te for a couple of days. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 4:39pm

Just had a nice pint in the local and am about to head into town. Will have a few liveners before listening to Roddy Collins spoof for the evening i
El Puto Amo
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 4:47pm
I went off it for nearly 4 months in 2022 and cracked on Stephens Day that year. Main reason I gave it up was just the head fook of drinking, being hungover, beating myself up for drinking and being hungover and then doing the same over and over again.

Felt great off it initially, especially mentally, but as time went on I got a bout of anxiety out of nowhere that lasted for weeks, so I went back on it as the gains (mentally) weren't outweighing the pros anymore

Don't think I've gone a week since that without boozing. I definitely drink too much though (3-4 nights a week) and am an absolute binge drinker when I do. If there is beer in the fridge I'll drink it all - couldn't just have 1 or 2. Same when I go out, would rarely leave the pub early etc

I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I'm Andrew and I'm an alcoholic. It's been nearly 24 hours since my last drink and I can counting down the time to my next one. 

A few ice cold Guinness for the Rugby would be my current thinking. 

You've made great progress since the drinking cans in bed days so we're all very proud of you.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 4:55pm
Once or twice a week but my problem is when I go at it, I go at it awful hard. 
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

I went off it for nearly 4 months in 2022 and cracked on Stephens Day that year. Main reason I gave it up was just the head fook of drinking, being hungover, beating myself up for drinking and being hungover and then doing the same over and over again.

Felt great off it initially, especially mentally, but as time went on I got a bout of anxiety out of nowhere that lasted for weeks, so I went back on it as the gains (mentally) weren't outweighing the pros anymore

Don't think I've gone a week since that without boozing. I definitely drink too much though (3-4 nights a week) and am an absolute binge drinker when I do. If there is beer in the fridge I'll drink it all - couldn't just have 1 or 2. Same when I go out, would rarely leave the pub early etc

This isn't unusual Gaz. 

I don't drink at home but if I'm out for a drink, I'm having a good drink.

For me the messy stuff happens when you are rolling over and topping up from the previous night. Try to avoid that where I can. Rollovers compound hangovers and anxiety for me. I try to avoid drinking alone too.

I drink three times a fortnight on average.

To be honest, I just accept that I need the release and it's very much part of our culture.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Would you take the shirt off any mans back?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Would you take the shirt off any mans back?
There'd be no f**kin shtoppin me
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Might stay off it today - or maybe have four early doors.

Big day at the Dublin racing festival tomorrow with free drink all day. Will be well into a double figure day.
Working late shift Sunday but will make it to Cleary's for five curers after

How much is it in?
45e at the gate
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

This isn't unusual Gaz. 

I don't drink at home but if I'm out for a drink, I'm having a good drink.

For me the messy stuff happens when you are rolling over and topping up from the previous night. Try to avoid that where I can. Rollovers compound hangovers and anxiety for me. I try to avoid drinking alone too.

I drink three times a fortnight on average.

To be honest, I just accept that I need the release and it's very much part of our culture.

Yeah the hangovers after day 2 or 3 of drinking are far worse than just the 1 day. Mood would be fairly low 

Your last sentence is key I suppose. Stops the beating yourself up for boozing. If I just cut out the boozing at home I'd be happy enough with my drinking tbh - but very hard to turn it down when the missus is heading off to the shop to get some beers
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 5:10pm
Now if only I could figure out when it's time to go home...
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 5:12pm

Big day at the Dublin racing festival tomorrow with free drink all day. Will be well into a double figure day.

Try Shanbally Kid 3.00 and Henn See 4.10, both each way!

Pints and Racing Clap

Edited by irish_major - 02 Feb 2024 at 5:13pm
Here we go again
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Pints and Racing Clap

I shall back these two
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 5:21pm
Us auld lads who are fond of a pint are a dying breed. The young lads have zero interest in becoming solid pintmen. Rather be at the gym and on the bag. Lack of Disposable income, more expensive gargle and not wanting to be Langers on social media are probably a factor.

Much prefer the hangover and the Guinness sh*tes myself. Thank f**k there was no social media 20 years ago 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 5:22pm

Pints and Racing Clap

Am heading on Sunday - Can't wait.

Edited by Borussia - 02 Feb 2024 at 5:23pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 5:22pm
I do the opposite to what most others do.

I do most of my drinking at home! usually red wine with dinner.

Partial to a few stout mind. Going for a few tonight after training. Probably have about 6 pints and be grand tomorrow.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 5:32pm

Pints and Racing Clap

Backed 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic