Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 373>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shamrock Rovers Thread
    Posted: 08 Mar 2015 at 10:16pm
It`s a good complaint I suppose having such a strong squad but I dont envy Nutsy trying to pick his best eleven. I counted 26 of a squad tonight, (incl. the two on loan to Shels), and there`s any number of combinations you could make without weakening the team by very much.

Up front, North will lead the line with Mc Cabe in a free role off the shoulder in a 10. But across the middle, I wouldnt even know where to start in picking my midfield! Fahey and Cregg will feature in central midfield, or will they? What about Blanchard, who has good defensive qualities like Stephen Rice and will break up the opposition attacks. And where will the Brennans fit in or Stephen Mc Phail or any number of other midfielders?

We`re very strong in defence - for a change! Madden was as solid as ever and Hyland will push Murphy in nets. Webster had a couple of nervy moments in the 1st half but he grew into the game and his positional sense and decision-making were excellent. Kenna is the older head there and provides much needed leadership, even if he`s still prone to the odd clanger! I thought Luke Byrne was very good the other night, though he`d want to be, with Tim Clancy, David O`Connor and Robert Cornwell all breathing down his neck for the left-full position :)  
Sponsored Links

Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 8:06am
Sure the league is over already by the sounds of it, you can pick whoever and you are still going to win. On a less sarcastic note rovers were always going to improve but there is still a lack of quality there. Big isnt always best. I wouldnt read a thing into friday
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 8:27am
Cregg has to play. A total revelation and I think the lynchpin that will be at the heart of everything Rovers do.

Fenlon has signed well and is getting performances out of players the previous two duds couldn't. Fenlons home league record is p 6, w 6 with 9 for and 0 conceded. That sort of form that early in his reign is grounds for optimism
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Sure the league is over already by the sounds of it, you can pick whoever and you are still going to win. On a less sarcastic note rovers were always going to improve but there is still a lack of quality there. Big isnt always best. I wouldnt read a thing into friday
Yet that is exactly what you did...
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 10:12am
Did this need it's own thread on ybig?

If everyone put up similer threads we would be f**ked! Transfers thread the best place for this IMO
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 10:18am
Valid enough point Joey. I did a quick search and couldn't find a SRFC thread whereas there are other threads for specific clubs. So I've re titled this as the Shamrock Rovers Thread for all stuff SRFC.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 10:30am
It's taken 10 years for the biggest club in Ireland to get their own thread 😧😧😧😧
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 10:35am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

It's taken 10 years for the biggest club in the world to get their own thread 😧😧😧😧
Good things come to those who waitClap
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 12:56pm
Clap, cue the "Shamrock Rovers Haters Thread next".

Anyhow, yeah good complaint for Nutsy, that's where he'll earn his corn trying to pick his strongest XI. 

Cregg has to be a mainstay in there, I was impressed with him when he joined us and he was outstanding on Friday. 

What we did learn Saint Tom is that Rovers showed a resilience and discipline in the 2nd half that was patently missing the last couple of years so a very decent start if you're a Rovers fan.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

If everyone put up similer threads we would be f**ked! Transfers thread the best place for this IMO

Why shouldn't the biggest sports club in Ireland have a thread on here, or is it that junkie envy shining through again?
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

Why shouldn't the biggest sports club in Ireland have a thread on here, or is it that junkie envy shining through again?
Ah stop will you for god sake. YBIG isn't dedicated to any club so if you lot have it then every other lot are entitled to the same. Pages and Pages of threads everytime somebody in Tallegth takes a dump is no use to anyone. Now you have a Shamrock Rovers Thread, enjoy it to the fullest.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Ah stop will you for god sake. YBIG isn't dedicated to any club so if you lot have it then every other lot are entitled to the same. Pages and Pages of threads everytime somebody in Tallegth takes a dump is no use to anyone. Now you have a Shamrock Rovers Thread, enjoy it to the fullest.

Jaysus, whats the problem with xpro setting up a Rovers thread so?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 2:07pm

He didn't, I changed the title to Shamrock Rovers Thread from its original 
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 5:20pm
Twill be the busiest thread by far going by the non Hoops on here and their fascination with Irelands greatest Club. Anyways tis grand to see us as committed as we were V the crack heads from the camac . When these lads start to buzz off one another and put their shift in we could be real contenders . Hearing Longford are a good outfit so will test us this Sat in their gaff . 
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 8:22pm

And how was I meant to know that Confused. Whatever he called it originally, we have a Rovers thread now, let the fun and games commence
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 8:38pm

And how was I meant to know that Confused. Whatever he called it originally, we have a Rovers thread now, let the fun and games commence
I posted that I changed it, however, crossed wires somewhat anyway as you replied to a post made before the title changed and I took it as you sticking up for the original title. Anyway, done and dusted. Enjoy your thread
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 8:41pm
I never thought I would see it, everyone talking about Shams threads and not one mention of needles
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 8:59pm
How did Mickey Drennan play in pre-season?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 373>
  Share Topic