You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Process for picking up tickets for Friends

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Process for picking up tickets for Friends
    Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 11:20am

I managed to pick up tickets on behalf of a fellow Irish fan. It may have helped that we used the same fancode when applying and thus were seated together for the games so far.

It appears you can only pickup at your country’s pickup point.  Ours is at Stade Gerland – the old Lyon stadium – on the metro. 

Upon exiting the metro you can choose to follow signs with the Irish tricolour or French one to 2 different locations.

Picking up your own tickets is easy hand in the voucher show your id  sign something and they print off your tickets there and then.  We are in the yellow section.  I also used my passport card whereas the id used to purchase them was my actual passport.  They did not check the id number.  My name, DOB etc all matched.

Now the tricky bit.  I had a photocopy of my friend’s passport along with a signed note authorising me to pickup his tickets.   They still needed him (or me) to email the scan of the passport to the manager.  She is behind the scenes and makes all the decisions.  Her email (and I checked with the front desk guy and it is ok to pass this on)  is sofie.galle   AT  euro2016     DOT  fr

Ideally send a scan of your passport to Sofie saying I  Mary Murphy authorise Paddy O’Brien to collect my tickets.  Best to use the email used to purchase them.

I had to provide that for my friend and in the end guessed it was the one I use to contact him and it seemed to be ok.

They very kindly gave me the wifi password to organise it while there.

There were loads of staff with about ten pickup places.  I saw other fans exit and arrive but was the only one there in the time it took me to collect – maybe 30 minutes.  FAI staff were also behind the scenes but that was probably on another matter. 

If collecting on matchday I’d advise go very early.  

Sponsored Links

jay2k6ie View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay2k6ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 11:29am
Right so just to be clear, the Irish voucher collection point is at Stade de Gerland in Lyon and this will continue to be the collection point through Saturday/Sunday? 
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 11:34am
Originally posted by jay2k6ie jay2k6ie wrote:

Right so just to be clear, the Irish voucher collection point is at Stade de Gerland in Lyon and this will continue to be the collection point through Saturday/Sunday? 

Yes as per the email sent to voucher holders.

Note that is the old stadium and a long way from Sunday's stadium.  
jay2k6ie View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay2k6ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 12:05pm
Have the vouchers but never got the email..
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 12:17pm
Thanks for that Gar!
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by jay2k6ie jay2k6ie wrote:

Have the vouchers but never got the email..

All you need to know from the email is go to stade Gerland the old stadium in Lyon.  Bring your voucher and your passport.  
jay2k6ie View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay2k6ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 12:26pm
Cheers
Lansdown Roar View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lansdown Roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 12:45pm
My email says pickup point is Stade de Lyon not the old stadium?
They've only gone and done it
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Lansdown Roar Lansdown Roar wrote:

My email says pickup point is Stade de Lyon not the old stadium?

Maybe it is different for people buying online.  The VEP (Voucher Exchange Point) for Republic of Ireland fans with conditional last 16 tickets is definitely in the Stade Gerland.  
Steve Tosh View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Tosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 3:23pm
Picked my tickets up this morning from Stade de Gerland. Would definitely recommend people giving themselves plenty of time to go out there as the queues are likely to get worse closer to the game. And make sure to bring your passport.
shaneruane View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaneruane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 6:19pm
Lads, help is badly needed have an issue regarding our 2 tickets.

Basically a friend and I are using the round of 16 voucher that originally belonged to his girlfriend and has her name on it. She has emailed UEFA saying only the person whose name appears on the voucher can collect, however she has gone home and cannot
Make it back to Lyon. How stringently are they enforcing the ID checks on the vouchers? And will we be able to collect if we show evidence of her wishing to
Give the two tickets to us along with all our IDs and everything.
Any help be much appreciated even. My number is 0871814355 if someone prefers to text over that than this.

Cheers
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 6:25pm
What help do you need?

Read Gary's original post. Get her to email:

sofie.galle   AT  euro2016     DOT  fr

Ideally send a scan of your passport to Sofie saying I  Mary Murphy authorise Paddy O’Brien to collect my tickets.  Best to use the email used to purchase them.

WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 6:39pm
Lads....it's not as dramatic as expected.

Phillyk..the resident angry Nordie will go on a NI football forum and see how the NI fans did it. They will have same problem 2moro.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 6:32am
Just an update and hats off to the unknown FAI official.  A friend presented a 3rd party voucher without corresponding passport details on Friday and was refused.  He persisted and went back Sunday morning and an FAI official requested to the staff that he be given the tickets.  He got them.  

He sold them at face value to fellow fans outside the ground.      
OscarDelta View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 8:55am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Just an update and hats off to the unknown FAI official.  A friend presented a 3rd party voucher without corresponding passport details on Friday and was refused.  He persisted and went back Sunday morning and an FAI official requested to the staff that he be given the tickets.  He got them.  

He sold them at face value to fellow fans outside the ground.      

Irish fan told me that lots of tickets were available outside including fans handing them free to other fans.

Not sure how many but clearly some fans got at last minute.

Did chat to a fan guy as we waited in shade for the bus.

Somehow walking back to his hotel he ended up 40 minutes away from his hotel, local Gendarmes's stopped for photo's and took him into custody only for length of time it took them to get him back to his hotel.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 11:38am
yes loads of tickets at face value out at the stadium.  Touts took a bath out there.  Tickets were very tight up until then though.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic