Printed Date: 14 May 2024 at 12:54am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: New To Away Games FAQs
Posted By: nvidic
Subject: New To Away Games FAQs
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 11:07am
As requested in a thread.

Where can I get a ticket?

Register here -  https://www.fai.ie/ireland/fans-direct-form" rel="nofollow - https://www.fai.ie/ireland/fans-direct-form , tickets typically go on sale 1-3 months before a game. Anyone can register, even if you've never been to an away or haven't had a season ticket before.

You can also apply through a supporters club, they manage their ticket allocation themselves.

Is it easy to get a ticket?

The vast majority of games are under-subscribed, games away to top seeds, any of the British teams and to smaller stadiums are less likely to have spare tickets. 

How do I build up a record?

It's best to go to games that fewer people will go to, likely 4th, 5th or 6th seeds and destinations that are harder to get to. Besides, these are usually better trips.

Feel free to ask any questions, there's no stupid ones, we all started somewhere.

Replies:
Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 11:08am
You should always register for tickets in your own name.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: wanderer
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 11:17am
I'm not a member of fans direct, just have a season ticket and apply through the away portal with my FAI account & season tickets, 7 aways on both season tickets on the account.
So is it still a requirement to be a member ? No bother signing up if needs be.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 11:20am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

I'm not a member of fans direct, just have a season ticket and apply through the away portal with my FAI account & season tickets, 7 aways on both season tickets on the account.

If you apply for away ticket via the portal then you are a member of Fans Direct.

That's what I thought anyway

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 11:22am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

If you apply for away ticket via the portal then you are a member of Fans Direct.

That's what I thought anyway

Ah ok so, I just never signed up using the form. Must have been an automatic thing then as soon as i used the portal. 

Makes sense. Cheers for that 

Posted By: Colum
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 11:24am
I registered and got all of the lads I usually apply for to register individually as well. There's no downside to registering but potentially one in not registering so for the sake of a minute it's better to sign up IMO even if the form just goes in to a spam folder somewhere in Abbotstown.

Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 11:26am
Three aways this year. France, Cardiff(didn't go but both tickets were used) and Aarhus. I'd imagine I'm in good shape for the upcoming campaign. Aiming for two aways due to the short campaign and finances

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 11:30am
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Three aways this year. France, Cardiff(didn't go but both tickets were used) and Aarhus. I'd imagine I'm in good shape for the upcoming campaign. Aiming for two aways due to the short campaign and finances

Think alot of people are in the same boat, fitting all in over such a short space on time will be difficult. 

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

I registered and got all of the lads I usually apply for to register individually as well. There's no downside to registering but potentially one in not registering so for the sake of a minute it's better to sign up IMO even if the form just goes in to a spam folder somewhere in Abbotstown.

I have multiple people registered under 1 account. They all get tickets in their own name, each ticket required is applied using their own name.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 12:08pm

If you are to believe what we are told, friendly games dont count on your record, so the french game wont matter.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

If you are to believe what we are told, friendly games dont count on your record, so the french game wont matter.

Luckily I never believe anything the FAI say!

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: brissy
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 12:56am
are they going to do a draw for Irelands first away match

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 1:21am
Originally posted by brissy brissy wrote:

are they going to do a draw for Irelands first away match

Wouldn’t imagine so. Even the most seasoned of away travelers won’t be expecting a ticket for this

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 1:54am
Just on that, and this is simply by way of example, I've not missed an away game since 2011, when I wasn't in Moscow, and I'm not sure I'll get what I'm after if this is in Gibraltar. Now, I didn't get tickets to Andorra or Estonia from the FAI: fair enough, though I did get in. But since going to the Faroes on my own in November 2012, I've applied for a minimum of two tickets for me and a friend of mine to every competitive away game, starting with Sweden in March 2013. The only time we didn't get two was for Glasgow 2014 (we got none). Other than that, we've received a *minimum* two tickets to every competitive away game (often three or four), including the likes of Bosnia, Cardiff 2017 and Copenhagen. Hell, we've even taken about ten or twelve away friendly tickets. But if this game is in Gibraltar, I would not be confident that we'll get two tickets for it. I reckon they might give us one and we'll have to decide between ourselves who gets it. That's just how tight it is likely to be for this one if they have it in a 2,300 seater stadium and the FAI will only have 315 tickets (5% plus 200).

Now, I think there is a plan to extend it to 8,000 but I don't think that'll be done by March. Not sure though.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:37am
I just cant see this game going ahead in Gibraltar. If it does it would be a good idea if the fai could set down requirements for ticket applications as soon as possible, but out of 315 tickets whats broken down into fans direct you would be looking of a record of at least nine of the last ten aways I would imagine.

-------------

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:52am
If you apply for say 3 tickets do you get all or nothing?

Can't actually remember not getting what I actually applied for bar Scotland (away)

Posted By: JUICEBOMB
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:56am
apply for 3/4 to get 2 is normally the rule of thumb I use..anything else is a bonus 

-------------
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Posted By: brissy
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 10:15am
it looks like it is

Posted By: LO SCIENZIATO
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 10:21am

I just cant see this game going ahead in Gibraltar. If it does it would be a good idea if the fai could set down requirements for ticket applications as soon as possible, but out of 315 tickets whats broken down into fans direct you would be looking of a record of at least nine of the last ten aways I would imagine.

you would need 10/10 and send endless amounts of vanilla slices to Abbotstown 

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 10:23am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

apply for 3/4 to get 2 is normally the rule of thumb I use..anything else is a bonus 
I only go by whats on my account, i.e 3 season tickets with aways so 3 tickets

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 12:57pm

I just cant see this game going ahead in Gibraltar. If it does it would be a good idea if the fai could set down requirements for ticket applications as soon as possible, but out of 315 I tickets whats broken down into fans direct you would be looking of a record of at least nine of the last ten aways I would imagine.
pigs might fly!!! 

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: midel
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:19pm
Hi all, 2 season tickets held under the 1 account (my brothers), for away portal am I reading it correct that I should sign up separately to him or will he just sign up using the fai account number and apply on both our behalves for tickets? Thanks

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 8:13am
I'd sign up separately to him if I were you, I'd also ring ticketmaster and have your ST put into your own account.

Posted By: Darraghn92
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:51am
Is the cut off for away games needed normally the last 10 competitive games?

So assuming for Gibraltar it would be Poland, Bosnia, Serbia, Moldova, Austria, Georgia, Wales X2 and Denmark X2 ?

Posted By: midel
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 5:33pm
Great cheers for that, I will look to get the ticket changed to my account and then sign up for portal Thumbs Up

Posted By: gallawho
Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 2:58pm
Same happened to me, except this time I actually got what I requested Smile
I applied for 6 wanting 4 but got the 6. Clap

Posted By: yknaa
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 9:11am
Howdy, new to the forum and wondering when are we likely to hear if applications for tickets are successful or not after the closing date? Have one in for the Swiss game in October.
Thanks

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 3:28pm
It is not oversubscribed so you're set.

-------------

Posted By: JPOD2000
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:05pm
Applied for Slovakia but not sure if I’ll be able to go or not for another few weeks. Does anyone know what happens if I’m successful in the ticket application but don’t pay for the tickets because I can’t go. Do I have to pay or do they get reallocated 

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by JPOD2000 JPOD2000 wrote:

Applied for Slovakia but not sure if I’ll be able to go or not for another few weeks. Does anyone know what happens if I’m successful in the ticket application but don’t pay for the tickets because I can’t go. Do I have to pay or do they get reallocated 
If you Dont  pay you’ll lose the ticket and it'll not be recorded on your record. If I was to get on my soap box here id say its wrong to apply when you dont know if you can go and possibly deprive someone else that deserves one and has flights booked etc. 

Posted By: eboue16
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 7:02pm
Lads is the FAI website down or whats the craic? Tried to get into my away portal and the link isnt working. The one for an application for a potential game v NI/Bosnia that I got the email about doesnt redirect and fai.ie ain't loading....

Everything gone underground?

-------------
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle

Posted By: irish_goat
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

Lads is the FAI website down or whats the craic? Tried to get into my away portal and the link isnt working. The one for an application for a potential game v NI/Bosnia that I got the email about doesnt redirect and fai.ie ain't loading....

Everything gone underground?

Seems to be down for me too. 

away.fai.ie is the website. Maybe try tomorrow. 

Posted By: eboue16
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 7:08pm
No sign of any similar site working over the last few days.... apart from the shop

-------------
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

No sign of any similar site working over the last few days.... apart from the shop

They were all working. The redirect link in the email sent out wasnt working but if you went direct to the site it was fine.

Fai websites look to be down in general at the moment 

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 7:23pm
I wonder who looks after payment of the server fees. With the change going on at the minute, there is every possibility it has been overlooked.

-------------

Posted By: lukesmyth9
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 11:44am
I am trying to register for the away portal and i am not getting an email to setup my account, when i try and contact the FAI through the portal i get an error as well, anybody seeing anything similar? Is there anybody i can contact to setup my account, I want to apply for tickets to portugal and Azerbaijan

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 9:44pm
The portal is not open for applications as nobody knows if we will even get tickets or how many. If we do get some tickets it will likely be a reduced number than the normal away allocation, and id suggest you will be bottom of the list if you’re only new. 

Posted By: TheBigFella32
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 10:10am
Hi all,

I’m both new to the forum and to away games as I’m only a “young fella”.

I was planning on Portugal and even booked flights but without any hope of tickets I stupidly decided not to go.

I have my Fai Ticketmaster account set up and I have filled out the form for the away portal but haven’t got any email with details etc since. 

Fully intending on going to hopefully Azerbaijan and Luxembourg or at the very least 1 of them.

Could anyone tell me if there is anything else I must do? Or just wait and hope an email comes through with details for my away login.

Also, as soon as season tickets become available I will be getting one in 114 or as close as possible. These are bought through the Fai Ticketmaster account also I am assuming?

Looking forward to the start of many years following TBIG, no doubt I’ll be made welcome as I will be going solo from the start.

Thanks lads,

In Kenny We Trust.

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by TheBigFella32 TheBigFella32 wrote:

Hi all,

I’m both new to the forum and to away games as I’m only a “young fella”.

I was planning on Portugal and even booked flights but without any hope of tickets I stupidly decided not to go.

I have my Fai Ticketmaster account set up and I have filled out the form for the away portal but haven’t got any email with details etc since. 

Fully intending on going to hopefully Azerbaijan and Luxembourg or at the very least 1 of them.

Could anyone tell me if there is anything else I must do? Or just wait and hope an email comes through with details for my away login.

Also, as soon as season tickets become available I will be getting one in 114 or as close as possible. These are bought through the Fai Ticketmaster account also I am assuming?

Looking forward to the start of many years following TBIG, no doubt I’ll be made welcome as I will be going solo from the start.

Thanks lads,

In Kenny We Trust.

I am the exact same as you anyway haha

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 11:22pm
Hi guys, after months of trying to setup an account for the away portal (not getting confirmation emails etc), I ended up contacting the ticket office and a girl called Cria O Neill got back to me and sent on my credentials. If you need a login for the away portal you can contact her here. Also mention that the traditional way of registering seems to be broken/not working correctly.

Cria.warren@fai.ie

Posted By: StuttgartKY
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 12:19pm
I am looking to start going as regularly as I can from next year, but am a newbie because same as the lads above I am still "A young Fella" and will be going on my own.
Have done a couple of aways in the past but never got tickets from the FAI always just got them out there on the day kind of thing.
Want to start doing it properly now, I have tried registering for the fans direct but it doesn't seem to work so I'm not sure how I get into the away portals? 
I don't have a season ticket either as I live abroad so I only get a couple of home games a year. Do I have to have a season ticket to get into the away portal? I would be willing to buy one if I really had to for the portal for away games.

Posted By: StuttgartKY
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 12:20pm
Did ye need a season ticket to get that login?

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by lukesmyth9 lukesmyth9 wrote:

Hi guys, after months of trying to setup an account for the away portal (not getting confirmation emails etc), I ended up contacting the ticket office and a girl called Cria O Neill got back to me and sent on my credentials. If you need a login for the away portal you can contact her here. Also mention that the traditional way of registering seems to be broken/not working correctly.

Cria.warren@fai.ie

Just email this email and you'll get credentials, you can add the season ticket if you want too but it's optional

Posted By: TheBigFella32
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 5:32pm
Finally got a response from the Fai today, after months and months. Yer one Cria Warren got back to me shortly before the Belgium home game was announced saying she was creating my account etc. Ukraine will be flattened by June so Armenia as the first away it seems 😁

Posted By: Hurlbhoy19
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 11:58am
new to the form and getting back to attending games taking the family with me don't have season ticket is the only way to get tickets on the ticketmaster link I can't seem to open a fai account want to start getting to games both home and away last few games we got to was lucky to get in 117 hoping to get info on how to get involved and show the family good days out we are going game tue week but want to be able to go to few national league games any info welcome does the singing section meet up and walk to game together if so where 

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 2:19pm
https://am.ticketmaster.com/fai/ism/U1QyMDIy" rel="nofollow -  https://am.ticketmaster.com/fai/ism/U1QyMDIy

Link to buy Season Tickets.

Only way to buy individual home match tickets is Ticketmaster. For away games you will need an account. If youre having difficulty setting it up email customer-relations@fai.ie

Posted By: Hurlbhoy19
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 7:44pm
cheers fella thanks for bit help 

Posted By: DaireOB
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 7:54pm
Any chance of being able to get a Scotland away ticket without owning a season ticket?

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by DaireOB DaireOB wrote:

Any chance of being able to get a Scotland away ticket without owning a season ticket?
Doubtful but you’d also need to have an FAI account with away game history on it. When an allocation is oversubscribed, your recent record of aways come into play, usually based on the last 8 away games. The criteria, as in how many of the previous 8 you would need to have attended is decided by the allocation we receive from the Scots (5% of capacity) and the amount of applications for those tickets the FAI get from account holders.

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 4:37pm
Q:  Do you need to be a wannabe Green Street hooligan to support the EIRE these days?

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Q:  Do you need to be a wannabe Green Street hooligan to support the EIRE these days?
No. 

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

No. 

Really?  I've just forked out 500 euro for a Stone Island jacket. 

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 7:25pm

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

No. 

Really?  I've just forked out 500 euro for a Stone Island jacket. 
without months of first asking randomers on here which one was best? ShockedLOL

https://www.adverts.ie/25273994" rel="nofollow - https://www.adverts.ie/25273994

Posted By: dwilliams100100
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2022 at 9:59am
Applying for tickets for Malta and a couple of the lads aren't signed up to the portal and can't get the confirmation email.

Is there any downside to them not chasing that up and me just adding them as a supporter profile on the portal myself?

Posted By: Roberto_Carlow
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2022 at 10:05am
Originally posted by dwilliams100100 dwilliams100100 wrote:

Applying for tickets for Malta and a couple of the lads aren't signed up to the portal and can't get the confirmation email.

Is there any downside to them not chasing that up and me just adding them as a supporter profile on the portal myself?

I would advise get their own. Me and my mate had a joint account and identical records but for the oversubscribed Gibraltar game they would only give us 1 ticket.

Posted By: AbuAbu
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 2:59pm
when u register for fans direct do u get a confirmation email or anything?

-------------
It's not me it's you:-)

Posted By: Il Principe
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

it's the fai you're dealing with here LOL

Posted By: AbuAbu
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

it's the fai you're dealing with here LOL

I expected a welcome pack and a free beanie!
Ouch

-------------
It's not me it's you:-)

Posted By: jjgalway
Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 4:34pm
First year with a season ticket. Have flights and accommodation for gibralter in oct. 

Couple of qs re euro tickets.

Does having a season ticket get you priority for euro 2024 tickets or is it a free for all on uefa website?

Same as above re having away points?

Do supporters clubs get tickets for euros?

Cheers

Posted By: ShadingEvan
Date Posted: 16 May 2023 at 5:50pm
It seems to be a common issue, but I can't get the confirmation email from the FAI portal. No idea what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone gotten this sorted by doing something? I tried sending them an email via the contact form, but even that said it didn't send. Sounds like the guy in charge of the website resigned and no one bothered replacing him.

Posted By: NaasSaint
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 2:08pm
Hi all,

Apologies if these questions has been asked before;

1) Does having a season ticket increase your chances of being accepted for a ticket?
2) I'm looking to set up a supporter profile on the away portal. There's an option to add a season ticket number. My season ticket is under someone else's name, how would I work around this?

For context, I'm looking to go to the Netherlands away game in November.

Thanks in advance!

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 11:46am
Originally posted by NaasSaint NaasSaint wrote:

Hi all,

1) Does having a season ticket increase your chances of being accepted for a ticket?
2) I'm looking to set up a supporter profile on the away portal. There's an option to add a season ticket number. My season ticket is under someone else's name, how would I work around this?

Thanks in advance!

Howya,

No it doesnt increase your chances, the Holland game will probably be oversubsribed also.

With regard setting up your account, you will need to send an email to cria.warren@fai.ie to register your account as the email to register is currently not working.

Any other questions do let me know

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 11:53am

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

Howya,

No it doesnt increase your chances, the Holland game will probably be oversubsribed also.

With regard setting up your account, you will need to send an email to cria.warren@fai.ie to register your account as the email to register is currently not working.

A ST does increase your chances! 

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 11:55am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

Howya,

A ST does increase your chances! 
I stand corrected! I would have no idea how to work around this being on a different account though seeing as it is not under your name

Posted By: ProudIrish
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 1:57pm
The criteria is usually x amount of away games out of the last 10.
For Greece originally it was 2.
They never mention season tickets . 
Maybe if there are a number of people on the same amount of always they give priority to those with a season ticket but it doesn’t state that anywhere . They used to advertise the season ticket as receiving priority for aways- they don’t anymore 

-------------
Here we go again, we're on the road again

Posted By: craiglen
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 2:01pm
Season tickets are surely too far down the list of discriminating criteria to be considered relevant.

-------------
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 2:07pm
Cheers all.

This will be my first away game - is it safe to assume I'll not be in with a chance of getting tickets for the Netherlands?

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by ProudIrish ProudIrish wrote:

The criteria is usually x amount of away games out of the last 10.
For Greece originally it was 2.
They never mention season tickets . 
Maybe if there are a number of people on the same amount of always they give priority to those with a season ticket but it doesn’t state that anywhere . They used to advertise the season ticket as receiving priority for aways- they don’t anymore 

In recent years it was indeed season ticket & x amount of away games being the criteria.

I think since covid if I'm not mistaken it's been just x amount of away games.

Luxembourg email did mention season ticket plus aways

Posted By: King_Kenny
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

Season tickets are surely too far down the list of discriminating criteria to be considered relevant.
Rightly so. Why should a fan get a ticket ahead of Johnny cokehead 🤔

Posted By: craiglen
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

In fairness to the bag merchants they still bothered their hole to get on a flight to Athens.

Personally think the Season Ticket should really count towards your record if you're coming to home games from outside Dublin, but sure that'd be too difficult to enforce.

-------------
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered

Posted By: EireDub
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 2:37pm

Cheers all.

This will be my first away game - is it safe to assume I'll not be in with a chance of getting tickets for the Netherlands?

Depends on how much they give us really, some games don’t over subscribe when you think they will. I wouldn’t throw in the towel that easily. 

It’ll be a popular one, especially if were still in with a chance of qualifying which does seem unlikely.

A word of advice would be to build up your record in games with less demand, for example Gibraltar in Faro is a great opportunity 

Also, it’d be worth setting up your away portal account asap as it seems to take a while for it to setup 

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by EireDub EireDub wrote:

Cheers all.

Depends on how much they give us really, some games don’t over subscribe when you think they will. I wouldn’t throw in the towel that easily. 

It’ll be a popular one, especially if were still in with a chance of qualifying which does seem unlikely.

A word of advice would be to build up your record in games with less demand, for example Gibraltar in Faro is a great opportunity 

Also, it’d be worth setting up your away portal account asap as it seems to take a while for it to setup 

Cheers pal. I've my account set up on the away portal and was actually thinking of going to the Gibraltar game anyway (work permitting!).

Posted By: Paulie
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 2:42pm

Cheers all.

Nobody can say for sure if we'll sell out our allocation but on the face of it this game is the most likely of our remaining fixtures to be be oversubscribed. In that instance you (with no previous away games) would not get a ticket.

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 2:51pm
Nation's league is an ideal opportunity to get on the away day ladder.

-------------

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 3:36pm

In fairness to the bag merchants they still bothered their hole to get on a flight to Athens.

Personally think the Season Ticket should really count towards your record if you're coming to home games from outside Dublin, but sure that'd be too difficult to enforce.

So you'd be punishing people for living in Dublin????
Would be some amount of people getting tickets delivered to friends and cousins down the country or abroad!

Posted By: Arthur Sexton
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2023 at 2:10pm
Hi I'm trying to set up away portal accounts for me and 3 others and I have a few questions.

1. Is it better for us all to set up individual portal accounts and apply for 1 ticket each separately on our accounts or should I set up 4 profiles on the one Portal account?

2. We have 4 season tickets but they are all under one email. Is it possible to transfer the season tickets so that we each have one on our own emails?

Thanks.

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2023 at 3:58pm
1: Yes. That way each person has their own personal record, it saves any issues in the future that tickets may be scarce for if each person has their own account and record of aways. 

2: Yes. Really no need for any grown up to be piggybacking on someone else’s account. It also has the added little benefit that each individual will receive the pre sales email links etc instead of relying on the main account holder. 

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2023 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

So you'd be punishing people for living in Dublin????
Would be some amount of people getting tickets delivered to friends and cousins down the country or abroad!

If you have more than one kids you should get bonus points for away games. If you have an elderly parent you should also get bonus points and if you get the home care package you should get a further bonus points.  The fai away scheme should basically be run like the dept of social welfare. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 2:23pm
Does anybody know how you get an FAI customer number if you've not had one before?

Posted By: mouldymould
Date Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 5:56pm

Does anybody know how you get an FAI customer number if you've not had one before?

Think it's done through https://auth.ticketmaster.com/as/authorization.oauth2?redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fam.ticketmaster.com%2Ffai%2Fam-sso%3Fdeeplink%3DaHR0cHM6Ly9hbS50aWNrZXRtYXN0ZXIuY29tL2ZhaS8%3D&response_type=code&lang=en-us&integratorId=NAM&placementId=homepage&visualPresets=fai&hideLeftPanel=true&client_id=095fd553e0d9.web.fai-fai.ie&scope=openid%20profile%20phone%20email%20tm" rel="nofollow - Ticketmaster  now

Date Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Think it's done through https://auth.ticketmaster.com/as/authorization.oauth2?redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fam.ticketmaster.com%2Ffai%2Fam-sso%3Fdeeplink%3DaHR0cHM6Ly9hbS50aWNrZXRtYXN0ZXIuY29tL2ZhaS8%3D&response_type=code&lang=en-us&integratorId=NAM&placementId=homepage&visualPresets=fai&hideLeftPanel=true&client_id=095fd553e0d9.web.fai-fai.ie&scope=openid%20profile%20phone%20email%20tm" rel="nofollow - Ticketmaster  now
Yes, the account is managed through Ticketmaster and you can log in using your Ticketmaster account but I didn't think it allocated you an FAI customer number (could be wrong on that).

Posted By: mouldymould
Date Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 8:21pm

Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Yes, the account is managed through Ticketmaster and you can log in using your Ticketmaster account but I didn't think it allocated you an FAI customer number (could be wrong on that).

If you've not had one before, an FAI account number would be allocated once you sign up through the FAI Ticketmaster portal and is available to view in the account overview

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net