Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=52542
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 8:22am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: tickets being touted
Posted By: kevincronin2000
Subject: tickets being touted
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 12:04pm
came across this on done deal, JUST NOT ACCEPTABLE.
I know it was mentioned in another thread but thought it deserved one of its own

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Replies:
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 12:06pm
see the matching phone numbers of the done deal ad and that of the Treasurer of the sc on the fai page.

-------------

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 12:07pm
To clarify also..someone rang him and it is him

and these guys get priority on away tickets

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 12:08pm
Tasked with drumming up support for the national team and encouraging new fans to attend games and end up touting tickets for far more than face value, the fact that its the treasurer makes it a whole lot worse, it's a sad indictment of that club if he isn't removed from this post for this.

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 12:11pm
Do we expect any different with mini dictators controlling tickets up and down the country?

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 12:13pm
Just incredible stupidity. I'd imagine he'll be ex-Treasurer

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 12:28pm
Let's hope the same FAI officials who spy on this forum for protests etc stumble upon this thread.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 12:29pm
This is what happens when you give away a tickets with no accountability required. Exactly what we've all been harping on about.

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 12:37pm
How embarrassing, to make what a €50 profit.

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 12:39pm
Treating genuine fans like Criminals and Taking Photos and videos of Fans peaceful protests at away games is far more fun for those running the FAI

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 12:40pm
35 euro ticket selling it for €120

-------------

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 12:41pm
Surely" DELaney boy " will be making a call to Wexford

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 12:47pm
The civil war continues.

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: DavidMan
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 12:55pm
Bad enough the FAI are riding us now us fans are riding ourselves

-------------
We March On

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

The civil war continues.

It's not a civil war. This is just a scumbag using his position within a SC to tout tickets and profit on other fans.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 1:27pm
There is no civil war but the people at the top of the rissc's have refused to condemn the tactics used by the CEO and his hired help toward genuine fans in section 114 topped only by the surveillance of the peaceful protest in faro.

Today all over England all supporters are protesting over the price of tickets in every division they won't be frisked have banners confiscated or have 5 times as many stewards as the rest of the stadium.

It's what has this country on its knees people looking after their own self interest and turning their back on any wrongdoing,

-------------

Posted By: Scamper
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 2:28pm
This was put up by the man I question on the wexford supporters club facebook page.

Hi All,
Colm here..
Feel there is something that needs clarification here, and it’s best coming from me as there has been a major mistake here on my behalf, so for that reason I hold my hands up. The ticket advertised on DoneDeal is a season ticket (which I didn’t add) covering not only the Germany game. This mistake was made due to me rushing this in between work breaks… Lesson learned on that I can tell you.
So apologies for the mix-up, as you will all know by now I hope, we have no interest in touting tickets.

Colm

-------------
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

This was put up by the man I question on the wexford supporters club facebook page.

Hi All,
Colm here..
Feel there is something that needs clarification here, and it’s best coming from me as there has been a major mistake here on my behalf, so for that reason I hold my hands up. The ticket advertised on DoneDeal is a season ticket (which I didn’t add) covering not only the Germany game. This mistake was made due to me rushing this in between work breaks… Lesson learned on that I can tell you.
So apologies for the mix-up, as you will all know by now I hope, we have no interest in touting tickets.

Colm

That's not what he was saying a few hours ago

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 2:43pm
Straight from the book of Delaney

Going by the Facebook reply he must have attended an FAI seminar on media relations   

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 2:46pm

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 2:52pm
*facepalm*

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 2:59pm
Yet colm still has the add up on Done deal but says he's not selling them. Good one

-------------
We March On

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 3:03pm
Caught with his finger in the pie and weaseling out of it now. What santion from Fai?

-------------

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 3:17pm
The season ticket for the remaining games wasnt €120 either!

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 3:19pm
He must think we came down in the last shower but then again he's learning from the past master of Spin.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 3:22pm
Doesn't matter what he does or doesn't say the man was touting. It's as simple as that.

-------------

Posted By: xRedmanLFCx
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

This. His actions are disgraceful and it's sickening when so many supporters don't have tickets.

But the stupidity of what he is doing is just beyond belief. Sacked in the morning!

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 3:33pm
Digging a hole for himself

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 3:33pm
Absolute disgrace

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 3:48pm
Think anything will happen in abbotstown about this? Would say a carpet and brush would be involved

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 4:00pm
Nah it's only genuine fans they're concerned with treating like criminals

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 4:05pm
He should resign for being a complete thick.  

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: greenlad
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

came across this on done deal, JUST NOT ACCEPTABLE.
I know it was mentioned in another thread but thought it deserved one of its own

Absolutely ridiculous behaviour....
And he has the audacity to try and justify himself..

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

Im having a bit of back and forth with them on FB now.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/464940993632439/755144217945447/?comment_id=755162177943651&notif_t=group_comment_reply" rel="nofollow - https://www.facebook.com/groups/464940993632439/755144217945447/?comment_id=755162177943651¬if_t=group_comment_reply

You just won't let it go

No I said it to freewheeler earlier, I want them to admit it!

-------------

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 5:16pm
They don't seriously buy that explanation ? Christ almighty .

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 6:33pm

But your man colm touting tickets is only the tip of the ice berg on what you will see on Done deal

-------------
We March On

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 6:38pm
So hate in fighting amoung us all but your can not profit from other fans who are or not Irish when it comes to match tickets . This site has a rule and any fan on here or not has to wise up .Sad when it comes to people who want to make a fast buck above anything else .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Colum
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 6:38pm
Are they really small tickets or are they just far away, Dougal?

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 7:20pm
I hope all screenshots of the tickets being up for sale on Done Deal are going to be forwarded to the necessary people at the fai. That's absolutely disgraceful and to think it's been done by someone of authority in the sc is worse.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 7:44pm
I reported a lot of those people selling tickets to done deal. As there is a report this ad option.

Mustn't be working weekends

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

The civil war continues.

It's not a civil war. This is just a scumbag using his position within a SC to tout tickets and profit on other fans.

I think this is the best accolade to use (not from YBIG/SS behalf) but Judging from Faro supporters clubs would like to think theirs Super fans mentality and Facebook today show that some you are involved in SC condemn it unfortunately but not all. 

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 10:32pm
am curious to know what the fai's stance is on ticket touting.
has this reached the press yet. wonder what ray darcy will have to say about this on his show, maybe get JD on it again to answer a few questions.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 10:44pm
Playing devil's advocate for a second so don't all jump on me st once but any chance there was a genuine mistaken omission of the words "season ticket"? Although the ad does clearly say Ireland v Germany so to me does look like touting and made even worse considering who the seller is.

Somebody mentions calling him. What did he say on phone? Did he mention it being a season ticket or single match ticket?

Good detective work by whoever spotted the matching contact details

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

Playing devil's advocate for a second so don't all jump on me st once but any chance there was a genuine mistaken omission of the words "season ticket"? Although the ad does clearly say Ireland v Germany so to me does look like touting and made even worse considering who the seller is.

Somebody mentions calling him. What did he say on phone? Did he mention it being a season ticket or single match ticket?

Never mention season ticket only Germany ticket

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 10:54pm

Seems season ticket was only brought into it when it was discovered where the ad originated from. tried to cover himself

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Seems season ticket was only brought into it when it was discovered where the ad originated from. tried to cover himself

Ad has been amended to season ticket now.

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 10:57pm
He never mentioned it was a season ticket and when he was called he said he couldn't lower the price as he was making a few quid back that he lost out on with other tickets(or words to that effect).

He was clearly touting and got caught out,if that SC have any cop on then they need to run him from any position he holds.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 11:00pm
Why would anybody buy a season ticket on donedeal anyway when you can get them off the official source for cheaper? What a ridiculous excuse. 

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: xRedmanLFCx
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 11:25pm
Lads how much were tickets in 120 and 502 selling for?

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 11:28pm
10euro School boy tickets were touted to Scottish fans, think the football clubs get these 

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

From memory very little if any upper tier went on public sale (must have flown out in presale) as was keeping a regular eye on them as wasn't paid till 20th and by then only lower tier available...

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 12:23am
I got 4 tickets in 521 row aa, ( up in the clouds) the adult ticket was €50 plus ticketmaster booking fee. On a separate note my young lad did some tissue and ligament damage on his ankle and as a result is now in crutches. I presume there is a lift in the west stand.

-------------

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 12:30am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

I got 4 tickets in 521 row aa, ( up in the clouds) the adult ticket was €50 plus ticketmaster booking fee. On a separate note my young lad did some tissue and ligament damage on his ankle and as a result is now in crutches. I presume there is a lift in the west stand.

They will bring him on the lift, was on crutches a few years agony a game.

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 12:39am
Does he suffer from vertigo...

-------------

Posted By: orourkeda
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 1:02am
Originally posted by DavidMan DavidMan wrote:

Bad enough the FAI are riding us now us fans are riding ourselves

I wish I could ride myself

-------------
https://www.orourkeda.blog

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 1:15am
Scamper, well played Sir. Clap

Wonder what the oul Death Star, sorry, confederation (I always get them mixed up) that the likes of Mullingar is so fond of hiding behind make of all that ?? I wonder will El Presidenté make an oul statement about touting, or is being anti-touting just another example of Ybig's militant tendencies ? 

Won't be holding my breath for such a statement anyway. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 1:23am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Scamper, well played Sir. Clap

Wonder what the oul Death Star, sorry, confederation (I always get them mixed up) that the likes of Mullingar is so fond of hiding behind make of all that ?? I wonder will El Presidenté make an oul statement about touting, or is being anti-touting just another example of Ybig's militant tendencies ? 

Won't be holding my breath for such a statement anyway. 

Sure we don't need all that deise sure don't we all know it was a genuine mistake by the lad. Sure it's so easy to forget to mention it's a season ticket in the original add, in the messages he sent after being contacted and poor lad was so busy with work he even forgot to mention it when on the phone

I don't know about rest of yous but sounds all above board to me

*big question I'd have is how many previous games has this happened for and how does a supporters club end up with spare tickets anyway surely they have orders in before applying to fai

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 1:35am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

*big question I'd have is how many previous games has this happened for and how does a supporters club end up with spare tickets anyway surely they have orders in before applying to fai

Lets see. Scotland away for one. A few SC members were witnessed selling spares (to be fair, no question of selling above cost or touting in those particular instances, to the best of my knowledge). 

It is relatively easy to see how they can end up with spares though, have a look at the Warsaw thread, there are plenty lads (individuals) with spares for it, I have one meself, one of the lads pulled out only last week. With the SC's ordering so far in advance, they are bound to have a few pullouts by the time games come around. I imagine most get sold on at cost to friends or whatever,  but in this case, an SC member has indulged in touting. 

But the whole process of allocations to SCs lends itself to such abuse, and that is a point made dozens of times on here in various conversations. The FAI will continue to look the other way though, and the SCs will continue blithely on their merry way as well. I imagine the condemnation of such a rotten practice on here will be a great source of amusement for ''The Confederation'' when the next round of backslapping (we are all great lads, ye are all great lads, etc)  is due to occur. 

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 1:50am
I know an individual can end up with a spare ticket but as a club would of thought they wouldn't be ordering tickets for people and then not get the money for them. Il use the way my gaa club runs as an example if I order tickets for a game and then for whatever reason can't go I still must pay for tickets ordered and try to sell them on myself.

This isn't the impression I got was happening during this incident.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 2:09am
Very true RB, not that any of us can say for definite, but with this case, the possibility exists that the spare was ordered purely for the purpose of profiteering. 

-------------

Posted By: Funsize Crouchy
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 2:14am
Regardless of whether it was an individual ticket (which in my opinion it originally was) or a season ticket the seller is clearly breaching FAI ticket rules. Tickets can't be sold on to third parties.Wexford supporters club need to demand he resigns his place. The FAI need to insist he resigns his place before they get tickets again and all the supporters clubs in the confederation need to issue a statement condemning this action. If this happens again in any other club then this statent can be brought up and they lose their allocation.

Too many of us independent travellers are getting f*cked over for too long now. As those of you who know me will know I go to the away matches with my brother. We have season tickets through a family booking. On more than one occasion we have been given one ticket for away games when we needed two. We've had to get tickets in the away end for games before (Germany in Stugartt, Scotland ticket debacle for examples).

Yeah the Wexford thing is one ticket but it's completely in the face of what Delaney said in the aftermath of Scotland and how tickets would be allocated fairer and transparently in the future. At the end of the day they still dont know who/where their tickets are going and as far as I'm aware that's a breach of UEFA regulations i.e. they can't guarantee segregation of fans.

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 3:09am
Funsizy

Those of you who retain the anonymous of your user name (not like I'm not transparent to the fai haha) use that power - email uefa, email the fai (for all the good it will do), email your local Td (especially a Wexford one who loves football....)

Uefa /fifa

-------------

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 4:11am
Colm Graham should have his ticket revoked and should be removed from his post.

Touting will never be eradicated, but for any officer of a supporters club or any club affiliated to the FAI makes the offence unforgivable IMO.

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 5:54am
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

I got four tickets for 50x for someone in work via the presale for €35 each. Can't remember exact block but think it was 502 or 504. Can conform tomorrow when I see her. How much they going for?

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 11:31am
He was caught pure and simple and his efforts to backtrack given his Donedeal conversation only worsens it.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Funsize Crouchy Funsize Crouchy wrote:

Too many of us independent travellers are getting f*cked over for too long now. As those of you who know me will know I go to the away matches with my brother. We have season tickets through a family booking. On more than one occasion we have been given one ticket for away games when we needed two. We've had to get tickets in the away end for games before (Germany in Stugartt, Scotland ticket debacle for examples).

You only got 1 for Estonia if memory serves me right ? (despite Estonia generally being dished out fairly there were some oversights)

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 11:54am

He was caught pure and simple and his efforts to backtrack given his Donedeal conversation only worsens it.

Exactly. All touts are scum but this fella is worse, a supposed "real fan" in a position of authority caught ripping off fans. And not even an apology, only spin and lies.

Good post above from Crouchy

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 12:07pm
Deleting all the stuff regarding the facebook argument. it side tracks from what is a very serious issue.

-------------

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Exactly. All touts are scum but this fella is worse, a supposed "real fan" in a position of authority caught ripping off fans. And not even an apology, only spin and lies.

Good post above from Crouchy

spot on.If they have any sense ,that lad is no longer treasurer .

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 12:31pm
what's the latest with this scalper has the FAIL made any contact is this pillar of the SC still in his position ?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 1:53pm
If I remember correctly before Sweden away, a friend of mine was offered tickets by someone in a sc claiming to be the treasurer for double the price not sure if it was same lad

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 4:10pm
I think you have to blame the individual here rather than the SC itself. You can always get individuals abusing their positions for personal greed. I think that is what the case was here based on what I read.

Should be removed from his position now

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 4:32pm
There are a lot in charge of Sc's who are acting like little hitlers wonder where they picked up that from. Who is paying the small army of bodyguards attending on him now.

-------------

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I think you have to blame the individual here rather than the SC itself. You can always get individuals abusing their positions for personal greed. I think that is what the case was here based on what I read.

Should be removed from his position now

If you can't trust the secretary of the club then who can you trust ? The club up their faith in this chap and he has just tarred that club with a bad name for the foreseeable future

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 4:52pm
Think he is the treasurer of the club butch, but yes if that club do not take positive action and get rid they will lose all credibility as a club as a whole

-------------

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 4:56pm
Ah treasurer , he was investing for the better of the FAI and all profits were going back to HQ for the Christmas party

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 9:41pm
The club can't take the blame for his actions but if they fail to act they should take the blame as effectively they will be supporting it.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 9:47pm
Agreed Baldrick but he had plenty of support for his 'genuine mistake'.

-------------

Posted By: Joe Stalin
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 9:08am
Disgraceful stuff. The FAI have a chance here now to put down a marker on touting. The GAA did it before the last all-ireland in a big way

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 9:32am
I would of expected a suspension statement by now

-------------

Posted By: The Boy Z
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 10:27am
Just catching up with this. Terrible goings on. Their Facebook page is a disgrace as well.

-------------
Theres only one sport that matters..

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 10:41am
That Rene wan will be selling scarves outside Jury's. If lads were thinking of buying scarves give her a wide birth.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 10:52am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

That Rene wan will be selling scarves outside Jury's. If lads were thinking of buying scarves give her a wide birth.
Or maybe ask her has she any spare tickets Big smile

-------------

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 10:57am
No doubt this fella is only the tip of the iceberg.

Having worked at many festivals over the years, the amount of people touting tickets and passes that shouldn't be doing so is incredible. To combat stuff like this you need to almost a team of 2/3 people constantly scouring the internet looking for them, their ticket numbers, liaising with ticketmaster etc. to track down the culprits and then put in place the appropriate measures to ensure they never get the opportunity to do something like this again.

This treasurer fella seems like a right aul thick, thinking he's clever. Delighted he's been caught out. The question is now will anything be done about it? I think the FAI won't give a sh*t. They will simply put it into the category of "this stuff happens all the time..... blah blah blah"

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 12:40pm
This was just emailed to me from a friend of mine. 

XXXXX got Wexford supporters club tickets - with a face value of 0 for 40 euro, apparently they were selling off their tickets as a fundraiser for the club

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

<p ="Msonormal" style="margin-bottom:12.0pt">XXXXX got Wexford supporters
club tickets - with a face value of 0 for 40 euro, apparently they were selling
off their tickets as a fundraiser for the club
<u5:p></u5:p><o:p></o:p>

Nothing would surprise me anymore sure scots were sold €10 tickets for €120 via resale sites. Turned out them tickets came from clubs that got them as group package

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 1:11pm

Why oh Why is anyone shocked by this you only had to be outside the federations headquarters in Glasgow to see people selling away end tickets. The FAI have no control over sc tickets once they are posted out.

-------------

Posted By: opa01
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 1:23pm

You have seen the Chairman's name?

-------------
Will no-one rid me of this turbulent priest?

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 2:54pm

XXXXX got Wexford supporters club tickets - with a face value of 0 for 40 euro, apparently they were selling off their tickets as a fundraiser for the club

ahh the old fundraiser for the club excuse, he could of used that if he had thought of it a bit quicker

-------------

Posted By: foggy.nelson
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 3:22pm
After the horrific comment made to scamper, maybe a bit of the ybig charity money could go towards suicide prevention. Her total unapologetic attitude towards her comment is what really grates me to be honest

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 3:31pm
It'll be the usual "nothing to see here" from the FAI.  Yer wan on facebook should be ashamed of herself.

-------------

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 3:37pm
Absolute jokeshop.

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 3:47pm

We have 34 tickets through our club (not a supporters club) and sometimes the prices have zero on them. At the last game we got paper tickets for the first time and they had the price €35 on them, when they most certainly were not €35, they were €50 on ticketmaster.

So that could possibly explain that. 

But what it clearly highlights is there is no accountability for the tickets and their use. Maybe not such a big deal for home games as they rarely sell out, but Glasgow and the next in demand away game will highlight once again the crappy ticket system in place.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

We have 34 tickets through our club (not a supporters club) and sometimes the prices have zero on them. At the last game we got paper tickets for the first time and they had the price €35 on them, when they most certainly were not €35, they were €50 on ticketmaster.

So that could possibly explain that. 

But what it clearly highlights is there is no accountability for the tickets and their use. Maybe not such a big deal for home games as they rarely sell out, but Glasgow and the next in demand away game will highlight once again the crappy ticket system in place.

Actually LOL LOL wtf am I on about, who's buy a ticket for 40 and sell it for 40 to raise money. 

Back to the Busy at Maths books for me

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

After the horrific comment made to scamper, maybe a bit of the ybig charity money could go towards suicide prevention. Her total unapologetic attitude towards her comment is what really grates me to be honest

I am the founder of an annual event which raises money for Crumlin and suicide prevention as you well know Donncha. Have given over €180,000 to the 2 charities in 7 years. So to see what it does to people and then have lowlife like her say that I was furious to say the least.
Anyway besides thst, I just hope they as a club get the proper action taken against them. This ticket fiasco is beyond a joke. No transparency at all.

-------------

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 7:28pm
Was there not a mini civil war in the galway branch with half of them talking about setting up their own one unless a certain person vacated their post?

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 7:31pm
So they want someone to walk the plank

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 8:08pm
Look i dont know the ins and outs to be very honest but in fighting maybe i dont know i one of the lads on was on the board but had to pull out due to his Galway United commitments .

-------------

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 8:25pm
Numerous people who I have been talking outside of the forum have been telling me on a regular basis.

"My mouthy sh*te" what by pulling up people who were so anti FAI and then 5 mins later renew?

If you don't like what I say, don't comment on it simple as. I have a voice and an opinion which I'm entitled to use, I don't abuse anyone I just speak my mind.

You may be happy having jokes with TJ on silly topics, I've no interest in that lark.

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 8:32pm
Don't turn this in an anti supporters club thread lads ffs. Stick to the topic and the 1 club involved

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net