You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 403404405406407 430>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by johnboy johnboy wrote:

We could hire a Woman manager.
Potentially have the pick of the best in the world.

Bring back Vera. Could be the first to qualify for both a women's and men's WC.
Sponsored Links

baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

We should try a left field approach. Go completely rogue and hire a GAA manager or Rugby coach.
Mickey Harte or Ronan O'Gara... be entertaining. My outside bet is someone from YBIG being approached, lots of likely candidates on here..
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

We should try a left field approach. Go completely rogue and hire a GAA manager or Rugby coach.
Mickey Harte or Ronan O'Gara... be entertaining. My outside bet is someone from YBIG being approached, lots of likely candidates on here..

Could see TJ as a Brian Clough style manager (before he really hit the bottle) Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 1:52pm
Jim McGuiness Clap
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Jim McGuiness Clap

Barcelona not after him?

https://www.independent.ie/podcasts/why-do-you-say-that-jose-mourinho-was-only-an-assistant-joe-brolly-on-why-jim-mcguinness-could-manage-barcelona/35898159.html
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Jim McGuiness Clap

He does have a pro licence! 

Jim Gavin has been the best manager in Irish sport this last decade. Being a good Dub I feel compelled to bring this us Wink
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Could see TJ as a Brian Clough style manager (before he really hit the bottle) Clap

I would love to see the Baldie and Newry Rep twin A team .

I mean what could go wrong LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I would love to see the Baldie and Newry Rep twin A team .

I mean what could go wrong LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Baldie and Newry Rep - great pairing.. Throw in Sham as the fitness coach, and TonyJaa as communications officer.. Tommie as the MAOR UISCE 
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 2:34pm
Of all the mad things in this hunt, the Sagnol story actually has plenty of weight behind it.

Everyone on here laughed and stupidly thought it was taken from here.
Wouldn't be surprised if they kick the can down the road and go for him again after Euros 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Of all the mad things in this hunt, the Sagnol story actually has plenty of weight behind it.

Wouldn't be surprised if they kick the can down the road and go for him again after Euros 

#freewilly

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 2:49pm
I've no Willy Sagnol.
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 2:57pm
Marc Canham after getting off the phone to a recalcitrant Gus Poyet.

Edited by razzmatazaz - 18 Apr 2024 at 2:58pm
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 2:59pm
Sham96 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 3:03pm

The 42 contacted Sagnols handlers when he was recently linked and there had been no contact from the FAI. They didn't even pretend there had been any contact. And if the Poyet stories are true I can't see anyone of Sagnols level taking a gig without his own choice of backroom staff. ridiculous pre conditions will put off any manager of note 

Edited by Sham96 - 18 Apr 2024 at 3:04pm
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 3:09pm
Maybe we could give it to Mary Lou? A trial run for SF. See how they handle this mess before tackling the country.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Sham96 Sham96 wrote:

The 42 contacted Sagnols handlers when he was recently linked and there had been no contact from the FAI. They didn't even pretend there had been any contact. And if the Poyet stories are true I can't see anyone of Sagnols level taking a gig without his own choice of backroom staff. ridiculous pre conditions will put off any manager of note 

Not uncommon at all for agents to deny stories that are true. 
And the Poyet thing happened after playoff. 

Would tally with a line Dan McDonnell wrote about top FAI men watching the shootout and not being happy with result.

Fuxk, there actually is a.Netflix show in this 
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 3:23pm

Originally posted by Sham96 Sham96 wrote:

Not uncommon at all for agents to deny stories that are true. 
And the Poyet thing happened after playoff. 

Would tally with a line Dan McDonnell wrote about top FAI men watching the shootout and not being happy with result.

Fuxk, there actually is a.Netflix show in this 

Champagne Football: The Ghost of John Delaney Strikes Back: Sleeper Agents Canham and Hill
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 3:44pm

I think we're all pretty confident that the FAI approached Sagnol and up until quite recently. He's nothing to lose at the Euros with Georgia and his stock will only have risen so I can't see him wanting to come to a basket case association. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 403404405406407 430>
  Share Topic