You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 326327328329330 429>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

It's not going to happen but I would take Damien Duff above any name linked currently. He at ticks at least as many boxes as anyone else and more than most. 
Going down that avenue Bradley, McPhail and O'Brien, the preferred choice.

Bradley's performances in Europe and generally preferring older/experienced players would put me off him.

Can you give me a run down of Duffs managerial pedigree in Europe please?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sponsored Links

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

It's not going to happen but I would take Damien Duff above any name linked currently. He at ticks at least as many boxes as anyone else and more than most. 

Bradley's performances in Europe and generally preferring older/experienced players would put me off him.

Led Shelbourne to the Europa Conference League semi finals in 2024/5 season 
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 4:02pm

Did I mention Duff somewhere?
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 4:02pm

Why bother? Duff says the LOI is the best standard in the world. Europe is a step down 
El Puto Amo
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

I met Keane before and the media persona doesn't match up to the man - he seemed like a sound head. With age I'm sure he's mellowed to a point and not the lunatic player/man he once was or is forever being portrayed as.

You would imagine he would give it everything he has to redeem himself for Saipan and secure his legacy here, somewhat.

Of the grim options for us he's certainly not the worst one.

Who actually goes to the hospital to visit sick children. This is a man who is a family man, he is a credit to his country and to his family.

Sounds like Jimmy Saville

Clap
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 4:36pm
None of Duff, Bradely or any other LOI-only managers. If they were really that good at this stage, they would have been poached by higher level teams in the UK.

An LOI manager is a simple recipe for a repeat of the Kenny disaster. 

Similar with JOS - hopefully will become a great manager in due course, but too inexperienced for such a big job.  Was found out tactically by an average Swiss team, who owned the Landsdowne turf for large parts of the game.  

Appointing JOS would be the equivalent of appointing Stan. 

Only want a manager who has:

- managed fully-professional teams in fully-professional leagues; and 
- has experience of having done so successfully. 
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 4:42pm
If The Judas gets it, then, we really should just pack it in. 

Hopefully there’s nothing to this story, but if there is it really demonstrates how shockingly incompetent and clueless the FAI truly are. 
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 4:50pm
John O'Shea or Roy Keane? I would rather 2 ton Tessy O'Shea than Roy Keane as manager. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Hopefully there’s nothing to this story, but if there is it really demonstrates how shockingly incompetent and clueless the FAI truly are. 

I think he did meet them 3 times.  Whether he gets it or not is another thing but the story is true.  
AKA pedantic kunt
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 5:04pm
Id be ok if it was Roy. Ok he hasnt managed in a while but he has experience and he was assistant manager. If some people were onboard with giving O'Shea a shot with no fooking experience then Keane should be no worries. I dont buy all this football has moved on nonsense bla bla. Its effectively the same game as i started watching in the early 90s. Still the same amount of players on the field no matter what formation you play. Id take Roy over Poyet Coleman O'Shea or any of the dud names so far. The Swedish guy might be interesting tho if there was any truth in that. Weve already wasted and i mean wasted this window of opportunity for the new coach to try some things out. Get it fooking done now.

I love beer gardens
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 5:26pm
Any manger who gets the job will have my support.
But I just can't see it being Keane - Just doesn't fit the profile and really isn't a tactical manager so I'd be very disappointed.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 5:39pm
Philippe Troussier has left Vietnam Clap

https://www.the-afc.com/en/national/asian_qualifiers/news/troussier_parts_ways_with_vietnam.html
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

News just in. Reports the new manager is a giant lizard.  Do we have a source for this?  YBIG

And I for one welcome our new green lizard overlords
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I think he did meet them 3 times.  Whether he gets it or not is another thing but the story is true.  

Was that two or three months ago though? If so, it may be a complete non story.
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 5:52pm
Roy now 3/1 joint favourite with Boyle’s! 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 6:39pm
Unlikely to be Roy anyway.
I love beer gardens
Sham96 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 6:44pm
Realistically who is likely to get the job next month (if it is next month)? I was sure O'Shea would get it but that seems less.likely now. It is entirely feasible that the three Amigos have bluffed themselves into a corner whereby there is no agreement with anyone but they are at best lukewarm about appointing O'Shea. My gut feeling is they are still trying to convince a manager with international experience (other than Poyet) but have no agreement with anyone as of today. It would have leaked by now if they had.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Was that two or three months ago though? If so, it may be a complete non story.

Seems one was in late Feb anyway.  It’s not a non story either way.  
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 326327328329330 429>
  Share Topic