You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most irritating things in football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by greengooner greengooner wrote:

Yes, exactly, and it's not among the most irritating things in football. I just don't see why anyone gets that worked up over something that minor, that's all. It's a tiny problem, in my opinion.
Says you!!!  i didn't realise they had to be things YOU got worked up over.ConfusedConfused

Did you miss the title of the thread??? Opinions eh....LOLLOLLOL 

BTW - your Straw man reference to foul throws and pulling and dragging - I started with a new paragraph - this normally infers the discussion has moved on to something different.  Still.......maybe you missed that too.WinkWink

Jeez, you follow up the straw man with an ad hominem. Of course I was only giving my opinion that it's not among the *most* irritating things in football. I was asking why you think foul throws are a bigger or more serious problem than the other things mentioned. You still haven't answered that. I just don't think it's a massive problem that needs anything serious done about it, or that it affects the game.

You mentioned the pulling and dragging thing in direct reference to my "suprious" (sic) argument that penalising foul throws would, like giving penalties for grappling, lead to ten penalties in a game (followed by the aforementioned laughing faces). It was a new paragraph which would normally infer that the discussion has moved on. However, where the paragraph begins "Oh, and...", I think it's reasonable to infer that it is a continuation of the existing topic (which it clearly was) rather than something different or unrelated.

I would prefer if we could ignore the bullsh*t with winky faces and passive-aggressive smileys at the end of every sentence (which add nothing to the argument, btw) and actually discuss the topic at hand: the most irritating things in football. Simple question: why are you saying foul throws among the most irritating things in football, in comparison to other irritations like penalty area grappling, diving, faking injury, timewasting and cynical fouling (to give a selection of things mentioned earlier)? I mean, in my opinion (which it seems is a phrase I now have to add every time I am mentioning something which is clearly an opinion just to make sure it is understood as that, even though it should be obvious, seeing as some people appear to be unable to tell the difference), each of those things, and more, are more irritating than a few foul throws, in my humble opinion, which is just an opinion of course, and isn't fact, but is just my opinion, just to be clear. /sarcasm
Sigh.

Lets go back to the Thread title.

Most irritating things in Football.

Posters before me listed many of the things that irritate me in football, about virtually all of which I agreed.

Nobody had posted about foul throws going unpunished so I did.

You took me up that I regarded foul throws as more irritating than anything else that had been previously posted. How did you arrive at that conclusion? ConfusedConfused

IIRC, I never compared anything as being worse than anything else - you drew that conclsuion yourself, incorrectly. 

Emoticons are there for a reason - if you don't want to use them because they don't suit your personality, then fine -  or you could ask a Moderator to have them removed from the site. /BIG sarcasm. WinkWink - I like using them - you don't.

However,  asking people not to use them because they don't appeal to you smacks of control freakery to me..!! LOLLOL /my opinion

I use emoticons to show that this list is really for fun, and not at all serious.....but hey....some people view this list as a very serious place to come....to each their own I suppose. ShockedShocked

of course you might want to put me on your ignore list? Problem solved! WinkWink

FW - always up for a Hug - not sure if everyone else is though!! WinkWink
Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 4:54pm
Ah look, whatever, I think I made my point clearly enough - foul throws are far from the most irritating thing in football. That was all I was saying.

You didn't address the list of things I posted earlier but I suppose you don't have to, given that you never compared anything, but I get your point, it was one of a long list of irritants in football.

Anyway, refereeing standards are terrible, I think that's what we are all agreed on at this stage.
greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 12:57pm

Ah look, whatever, I think I made my point clearly enough - foul throws are far from the most irritating thing in football. That was all I was saying.

You didn't address the list of things I posted earlier but I suppose you don't have to, given that you never compared anything, but I get your point, it was one of a long list of irritants in football.

Anyway, refereeing standards are terrible, I think that's what we are all agreed on at this stage.
We are indeed.

actually, did anyone post that yet?

Poor/inconsistent refereeing standards

/hug.... ;-)
Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 1:43pm
Irish Celtic fans!

"Coz they're Irish"

Edited by scottyccfc - 30 Apr 2015 at 1:43pm
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 12:49pm
Players that think that because it is your first foul it cannot be yellow card.

Same for players that think because you "went for the ball" its not a free kick or yellow
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Players that think that because it is your first foul it cannot be yellow card.

Same for players that think because you "went for the ball" its not a free kick or yellow

on a similar line 'it's too early in the game for the ref to give a yellow/red card'
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 4:25pm

There's f**king so much wrong with this picture.
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 4:36pm
Words fail me.

Horrible ****s
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

There's f**king so much wrong with this picture.

Jaysus
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 5:02pm
f**king idiot
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 8:29pm
Commentators saying "What a great ball that is" when a winger puts the ball between the goalkeeper and defender with no one around to get on the end of it . No it's not . Chap is paid a nice wedge . Least he can do is find his team mate with a pass !!
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 8:32pm
Once they don't mention the 'corridor of uncertainty ' I don't mind.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Commentators saying "What a great ball that is" when a winger puts the ball between the goalkeeper and defender with no one around to get on the end of it . No it's not . Chap is paid a nice wedge . Least he can do is find his team mate with a pass !!

I wouldnt totally agree there Babbs.
Maybe the winger is told to put it there and its the strikers fault for not attacking the front post ?
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 8:47pm
Just put it into the danger area. If the striker isnt there it is his fault.

Anytime I have ever been playing football and have been out on the wing, I rarely ever try and pick somebody out. I just put it where it should cause the most damage.
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 8:48pm
When fans boo off an injured player... Or is that just Bohs?
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Once they don't mention the 'corridor of uncertainty ' I don't mind.

Originally a cricketing term. Refers to a ball that a batsman doesn't know whether to play or leave, because he doesn't know if it will turn in (in which case it might hit the stumps or catch him lbw, if he doesn't play it) or turn out (in which case he might edge it and be caught at slip, if he does play it). It makes far more sense in a cricketing perspective than a footballing one.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

When fans boo off an injured player... Or is that just Bohs?

they were saying Booo-ohs
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Just put it into the danger area. If the striker isnt there it is his fault.

Anytime I have ever been playing football and have been out on the wing, I rarely ever try and pick somebody out. I just put it where it should cause the most damage.

That's probably the reason the sum of your football career is as a poster on YBIG .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic