You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middle East/Israeli Genocide on Palestine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 68>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 11:20am
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

[

Israel has, historically, shown willingness to make sacrifices for peace. 

IMO, it's unreasonable that people expect Israel to continually make concessions to people who don't think they should exist.

Unfortunately the mask has slipped now, and I think a lot of people who were on the fence about the issue will see what Israel has been contending with for decades. Has there been a single Palestinian official to come out and condemn the murder and kidnapping of civilians? That should tell anybody all they need to know about the Palestinian mindset. A culture steeped in hatred and violence, even more so than Israel, which is saying something. I would recommend researching cartoons and TV shows produced by the Palestinian Authority over the years. Pro-9/11, anti-semitic conspiracy theory, incitement to murder. It's funny how that never gets mentioned by pro-Palestinian Westerners.
Sea Sharp, you've been on here from when RK took the role in Israel with your clear affiliation and defending every post that speaks out against the Israeli government/army but the above highlighted is absolutely f*ckin sickening.

You should really be getting on to the multiple Human Rights Organisations, UN committees, scholars etc who have been saying for decades that what is happening in Palestine is aprtheid, but I suppose your opinion is more educated than those? 

It's no coincidence that countries like Ireland, Basque region etc are voicing theit opinion louder, why do you think that would be? Nearly 7000 Palestinians from 2008 alone have been killed by the Israeli government, in that time 150k Israelis have been killed. Taking any lives is abhorrent but let's not pretend here that it's somehow tit for tat here or those big bad Arabs are constantly at it. Its as one sided as you get. Why is it when certain countries defend occupation of fheir country they're "freedom fighters" but the Palestinians are terrorists? The same language being used year after year but the same media outlets.

Surely if you claim to oppose the Israeli occupation and oppose efforts to resit it you are essentially supporting the occupation? When the Palestinians bombed Israel, we need ceasefires etc but when the Israelis wipe out countless whole families year after year, not a peep. Like you, a lot of outlets always portrays Israel as acting in "retaliation" or "response" but never the AGGRESSOR. It's EU, imperialism, racism and hypocrisy being laid bare here. You'll be devasted that Ireland along with only 3 other countries have opposed EU proposal to suspend financial aid to Palestine so Palestinian kids will still get food now. 

Thats all il say on the matter or to you.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 11:26am
I must admit I have many issues with our government and the FF/FG duopoly, but they nearly always seem to nail the foreign relations, at least in terms of representing Ireland imo, I've very rarely disagreed or been angry with how our government has played things from the Dept of Foreign Affairs POV, as sh*te as things might be in their government of things at home. 

I was very happy to see their reaction yesterday to Várhelyi's unilateral announcement - level headedness from one of the smallest states in the EU at a time of genocidal hysteria from some quarters. 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

[

Israel has, historically, shown willingness to make sacrifices for peace. 

IMO, it's unreasonable that people expect Israel to continually make concessions to people who don't think they should exist.

Unfortunately the mask has slipped now, and I think a lot of people who were on the fence about the issue will see what Israel has been contending with for decades. Has there been a single Palestinian official to come out and condemn the murder and kidnapping of civilians? That should tell anybody all they need to know about the Palestinian mindset. A culture steeped in hatred and violence, even more so than Israel, which is saying something. I would recommend researching cartoons and TV shows produced by the Palestinian Authority over the years. Pro-9/11, anti-semitic conspiracy theory, incitement to murder. It's funny how that never gets mentioned by pro-Palestinian Westerners.
Sea Sharp, you've been on here from when RK took the role in Israel with your clear affiliation and defending every post that speaks out against the Israeli government/army but the above highlighted is absolutely f*ckin sickening.

You should really be getting on to the multiple Human Rights Organisations, UN committees, scholars etc who have been saying for decades that what is happening in Palestine is aprtheid, but I suppose your opinion is more educated than those? 

It's no coincidence that countries like Ireland, Basque region etc are voicing theit opinion louder, why do you think that would be? Nearly 7000 Palestinians from 2008 alone have been killed by the Israeli government, in that time 150k Israelis have been killed. Taking any lives is abhorrent but let's not pretend here that it's somehow tit for tat here or those big bad Arabs are constantly at it. Its as one sided as you get. Why is it when certain countries defend occupation of fheir country they're "freedom fighters" but the Palestinians are terrorists? The same language being used year after year but the same media outlets.

Surely if you claim to oppose the Israeli occupation and oppose efforts to resit it you are essentially supporting the occupation? When the Palestinians bombed Israel, we need ceasefires etc but when the Israelis wipe out countless whole families year after year, not a peep. Like you, a lot of outlets always portrays Israel as acting in "retaliation" or "response" but never the AGGRESSOR. It's EU, imperialism, racism and hypocrisy being laid bare here. You'll be devasted that Ireland along with only 3 other countries have opposed EU proposal to suspend financial aid to Palestine so Palestinian kids will still get food now. 

Thats all il say on the matter or to you.
What's sickening about it? I provided a clear reference point. You're free to go and watch the PA-funded TV shows that encourage children to become martyrs for Palestine & Al-Aqsa. Their school textbooks refer to Tel Aviv as Occupied Palestine. There are references to Jews as barbaric monkeys, pigs and gods worst creations. To be clear, absolutely none of that is an excuse for Israel's militaristic crimes. But it is proof beyond doubt that Palestinians are being raised and pushed towards aspirations of martyrdom and rejection of a two-state solution. I am too young to know, but I can only hope and assume that Ireland wasn't running kids TV shows during the troubles teaching them how to stab Brits?

To be honest, I've never understood the point of comparing how many people have died on either side. Israel is infinitely stronger than the Palestinians and has a fully-fledged army, as opposed to militant groups operating from densely populated areas. Obviously Israel will have suffered less casualties? 

Freedom fighters vs terrorists part, I somewhat agree. If Hamas had breached the border and targeted IDF bases, you could say that's fair game, despite them being an internationally recognised terrorist organisation. But they didn't, and never have. Rockets fired from Gaza are aimed at civilians. This time they've murdered north of 700 civilians in cold blood. Not to mention there are also allegations of rape, which is about as barbaric as it gets.

I've also always thought referring to Israel as imperialistic is hilarious. One because it's roughly the size of Munster, and two, as previously covered, they would have never expanded beyond the 1948 borders if not for having to defend themselves from extermination. Granted there a few religious cranks with aspirations to reclaim all of Greater Israel (good luck with that one lads).

As for the bit I've bolded - typical. Why can't you engage with an opposing viewpoint without constructing strawman arguments to fit me in to your world view of the big evil child killing Zionist? It's pathetic and not in line with anything I've said.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 12:35pm
SeaSharp, I think the issue at the minute with regards to the "few religious cranks" is that many of them are high up in their government. The direction the Netanyahu administration is taking things is going one way and has been for a long time, that is further to the right and towards the annihilation of Palestine. The most extreme of Zionists are in power. They may not have known this attack from Hamas was coming, but they have actively encouraged Hamas to have control of Gaza because they wanted a split between Gaza and the West Bank in terms of administration and to get further and further away from the establishment of a Palestinian state. 

The rhetoric coming from them in the past few days is further indication of their long term goals imo. They don't have anyone talking of de-escalation in the most important areas of government.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

SeaSharp, I think the issue at the minute with regards to the "few religious cranks" is that many of them are high up in their government. The direction the Netanyahu administration is taking things is going one way and has been for a long time, that is further to the right and towards the annihilation of Palestine. The most extreme of Zionists are in power. They may not have known this attack from Hamas was coming, but they have actively encouraged Hamas to have control of Gaza because they wanted a split between Gaza and the West Bank in terms of administration and to get further and further away from the establishment of a Palestinian state. 

The rhetoric coming from them in the past few days is further indication of their long term goals imo. They don't have anyone talking of de-escalation in the most important areas of government.

This has been nagged at me , how can Mossad miss this one they had to have know .
For me Netanyahu wanted this so he can clean out Hamas once and for all , hey could be wrong but i don't think so . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 12:47pm

Very fair post, I agree with most of it. The far-right has killed Israel in every sense of the word.

However, could you expand on the bolded bit? Israel took extreme measures before the 2006 election to try and prevent Hamas from winning. They actively shut down Hamas campaigns in East Jerusalem and arrested many Hamas members in the run up. In hindsight, that probably had the exact opposite of the desired effect! Israel very much wanted Fatah to win that election and to subsequently rule Gaza, but Hamas won out. Israel actually went as far arming Fatah in the 2007 conflict - https://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0525/p07s02-wome.html

Edited by SeaSharp - 10 Oct 2023 at 12:49pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 1:08pm

Very fair post, I agree with most of it. The far-right has killed Israel in every sense of the word.

However, could you expand on the bolded bit? Israel took extreme measures before the 2006 election to try and prevent Hamas from winning. They actively shut down Hamas campaigns in East Jerusalem and arrested many Hamas members in the run up. In hindsight, that probably had the exact opposite of the desired effect! Israel very much wanted Fatah to win that election and to subsequently rule Gaza, but Hamas won out. Israel actually went as far arming Fatah in the 2007 conflict - https://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0525/p07s02-wome.html

I'm basing it off Netanyahu in power, post-2006. This opinion piece sort of sums it up:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/for-years-netanyahu-propped-up-hamas-now-its-blown-up-in-our-faces/
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 1:09pm

What's sickening about it? I provided a clear reference point. You're free to go and watch the PA-funded TV shows that encourage children to become martyrs for Palestine & Al-Aqsa. Their school textbooks refer to Tel Aviv as Occupied Palestine. There are references to Jews as barbaric monkeys, pigs and gods worst creations. To be clear, absolutely none of that is an excuse for Israel's militaristic crimes. But it is proof beyond doubt that Palestinians are being raised and pushed towards aspirations of martyrdom and rejection of a two-state solution. I am too young to know, but I can only hope and assume that Ireland wasn't running kids TV shows during the troubles teaching them how to stab Brits?

What's sickening about is the language. It's like something straight out of an Israeli propogandra pamphlet. The bits above about pepole seeing how the mask has slipped and people will now see the Palestinians as evil people etc etc. When I speak, I refer to the Israeli government and their army as I'm sure there are many decent good Israeli people.  The language on here this morning about an entire population in oppression is disgusting.

Regarding your last point, I grew up in area were the Brits done horrendous things to the people, including my own family. I'd be republican opinionated but does that mean I think all British are the same, not at all. I have many good friends who are British.

The language you are using above about a whole community of people and other posters saying "ask aa Arab" is a f*cking disgrace and deserves to be called out or challenged. 

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 10 Oct 2023 at 1:10pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

This has been nagged at me , how can Mossad miss this one they had to have know .
For me Netanyahu wanted this so he can clean out Hamas once and for all , hey could be wrong but i don't think so .

it's a popular enough theory and makes sense considering how vaunted Mossad are as an intelligence agency but it's just that - theory. Whatever the truth is, I don't think the Hamas attack is something Netanyahu will think is a bad thing for their overall strategy, as brutal as that sounds.

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

How would you know the answer to a question you’ve never asked?LOL

Go on ask an Arab you seem to be in the right place for it . 

"Arab" is an extremely broad term. 

Indeed and technically Palestine and/or Israel is not actually part of the Arabian peninsula.
Idah Dream!
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 1:31pm

I'm basing it off Netanyahu in power, post-2006. This opinion piece sort of sums it up:

That's an interesting read, thanks for sharing. Definitely gives me a different perspective.

What's sickening about is the language. It's like something straight out of an Israeli propogandra pamphlet. The bits above about pepole seeing how the mask has slipped and people will now see the Palestinians as evil people etc etc. When I speak, I refer to the Israeli government and their army as I'm sure there are many decent good Israeli people.  The language on here this morning about an entire population in oppression is disgusting.

Regarding your last point, I grew up in area were the Brits done horrendous things to the people, including my own family. I'd be republican opinionated but does that mean I think all British are the same, not at all. I have many good friends who are British.

The language you are using above about a whole community of people and other posters saying "ask aa Arab" is a f*cking disgrace and deserves to be called out or challenged. 
You're right. "The mask has slipped" is a loaded expression and I shouldn't have used it, it implies Palestinians are collectively responsible. I do still maintain the general sentiment that a lot of Westerners will have seen a new side of the Palestinian cause, in so far as that I don't think people would have expected Palestinians to celebrate senseless murder in the streets.

But your opinion on Brits reinforces my point. You weren't raised being told that Brits are subhumans or monkeys. You didn't watch TV shows that taught you how to stab them, or telling you that it's your duty to be a martyr for Ireland. When I refer to culturally endemic hatred and violence, I'm referring to content produced by Palestinian Authorities.

Edited by SeaSharp - 10 Oct 2023 at 1:40pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 1:46pm

I do still maintain the general sentiment that a lot of Westerners will have seen a new side of the Palestinian cause, in so far as that I don't think people would have expected Palestinians to celebrate senseless murder in the streets.

Or the footage of Israelis pissing on and stamping on the heads of the corpses of deceased Palestinians?
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 2:05pm

I do still maintain the general sentiment that a lot of Westerners will have seen a new side of the Palestinian cause, in so far as that I don't think people would have expected Palestinians to celebrate senseless murder in the streets.

Or the footage of Israelis pissing on and stamping on the heads of the corpses of deceased Palestinians?
I assume you're referring to dead terrorists here, as I haven't seen that footage. Even still, that's barbaric, yeah. Not quite as bad as rape, murder and abduction, I would hope you agree.

You are incredibly stubborn, almost admirably so. There's always a "what about" up your sleeve. From baseless claims of Maccabi Tel Aviv having strong government ties to this, you don't give an inch!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 2:20pm
Do people ever think they'll have peace in this part of the world? Looks so f**ked up beyond belief at this stage, so much hatred, hard to see it ever happening. And I know we have a similar situation in the north once upon a time, do we ever see a GFA-type thing taking hold in Isreal/Palestine?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Do people ever think they'll have peace in this part of the world? Looks so f**ked up beyond belief at this stage, so much hatred, hard to see it ever happening. And I know we have a similar situation in the north once upon a time, do we ever see a GFA-type thing taking hold in Isreal/Palestine?

Never i would say a it's been going off for 4000 years 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

David Aaronovitch made an interesting point saying that listening to a debate between representatives from both sides is to listen to people who are 'determined not to have their stories overlap'. The conflict itself is exceptionally entrenched, and will require more time to perhaps get back to the style of progress that appeared to be made in the 1990s.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 2:50pm

I assume you're referring to dead terrorists here, as I haven't seen that footage. Even still, that's barbaric, yeah. Not quite as bad as rape, murder and abduction, I would hope you agree.

You are incredibly stubborn, almost admirably so. There's always a "what about" up your sleeve. From baseless claims of Maccabi Tel Aviv having strong government ties to this, you don't give an inch!
I'm stubborn, take a break.There's always going to be a "what about" when it comes to Israeli treatment of the Palestinian people ffs. It's essentially apartheid and your banging on about giving an inch? I have a  complete different opinion to you, that's all it is. But, you are the one on here constantly defending Israel and labeling a whole country/population as evil and terrorists. Trying to think we're I've heard that language before. 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 2:56pm

I'm stubborn, take a break.There's always going to be a "what about" when it comes to Israeli treatment of the Palestinian people ffs. It's essentially apartheid and your banging on about giving an inch? I have a  complete different opinion to you, that's all it is. But, you are the one on here constantly defending Israel and labeling a whole country/population as evil and terrorists. Trying to think we're I've heard that language before. 
I'd say you've heard it before in your head, right as you were thinking about which weird lie to make up about me this time. I've never labelled Palestinians as evil or terrorists, I did use an inappropriate expression in a previous post which I acknowledged was a poor choice and not an accurate reflection of my thoughts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 68>
  Share Topic