You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middle East/Israeli Genocide on Palestine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 68>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Middle East/Israeli Genocide on Palestine
    Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 12:15pm
Some sh*t kicking off over there!
No Pasaran!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 12:35pm
Been watching the footage last couple of hours.

The Israeli's were completely caught by surprise. Serious intelligence failure on their part. 

This seems a lot different than the usual escalation in hostilities from time to time and the fact Hamas have captured 30 if not more military personnel/civilians makes it a lot more complicated. 

Will Israel have to temper their usual aerial bombardment response of Gaza given the captured Israeli's were taken there? 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 1:12pm
Netanyahu will have a lot to answer for when this is all said and done. Israeli monitoring of Hamas/Gaza is supposedly some of the most invasive intelligence gathering in the world. You would be worried the lengths Netanyahu might go to to pacify his voter base and attempt to make amends.

Agree the alleged hostage taking adds a very different dimension. I believe their official policy is no concessions and history shows they tend to attempt rescue operations instead, but who knows how this one will pan out.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 1:30pm
A people with nothing left to lose seem to have gone all in hoping that the timing is right in a global context to draw in other players.

The outcome will only result in more Palestinian deaths.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

A people with nothing left to lose seem to have gone all in hoping that the timing is right in a global context to draw in other players.

The Palestinians have a lot to lose and once again Hamas has gambled with their lives. Nearly 20,000 residents of Gaza have work permits in Israel which you'd assume will be revoked now. What are they supposed to do now? 
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

The Palestinians have a lot to lose and once again Hamas has gambled with their lives. Nearly 20,000 residents of Gaza have work permits in Israel which you'd assume will be revoked now. What are they supposed to do now? 

They live in an open prison with shortages and hardship a feature in their daily lives. They can't leave.

They have nothing to lose.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 1:48pm
Great another f**king war. This was always simmering away but the global instability caused by the Russian war of conquest has no doubt set this off. There goes any help Ukraine was ever going to get from Israel. 

On telegram I've seen videos, probably hundreds of Israeli soldiers and civilians captured and taken hostage to Gaza. It's not going to end well for them. If Israel go in and try wipe Gaza off the map who's going to stop them in this current climate? 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 1:50pm

They live in an open prison with shortages and hardship a feature in their daily lives. They can't leave.

They have nothing to lose.
They can leave via Egypt but yeah, it's not a straight forward or transparent process.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Great another f**king war. This was always simmering away but the global instability caused by the Russian war of conquest has no doubt set this off. There goes any help Ukraine was ever going to get from Israel. 

On telegram I've seen videos, probably hundreds of Israeli soldiers and civilians captured and taken hostage to Gaza. It's not going to end well for them. If Israel go in and try wipe Gaza off the map who's going to stop them in this current climate? 

I would see this as Russia arming the Palestinians through their Iranian and syrian pals? 

The drones used by Hamas can only have come from Russia or Iran.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 8:19pm

I would see this as Russia arming the Palestinians through their Iranian and syrian pals? 

The drones used by Hamas can only have come from Russia or Iran.
It's more indirect from Russia because before their conquest of Ukraine they would have been allies with Israel. So they wouldn't support Iran to the point they feel comfortable sending so much support to Hamas. Now that Russia is heavily backing Iran the shackles are off and they felt emboldened to enable Hamas. 

Saudia Arabia will be devastated. This will seriously damage their economic growth possibilities. They were hoping for stability in the region while trying to form good relations with both Israel and Iran for Saudis gain. Watch the interview MBS gave fox news recently. All his hopes have been crushed today. 
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 10:17pm

the poeple you speak off have f**k all to say in the matter. Their cause has been hijacked by a bunch of psycho narcissists who care little for their people and more for how they are viewed after they inevitability die. And those psychos are mere pawns in a wider game. No normal person gains from this. All they get is a more bleak future for the themselves and their kids.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 11:20am
Israel will take more land, more Palestinians forced out. 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

If you're referring to Gaza, I highly doubt Israel wants to put it under military occupation again. The logistics and the optics aren't worth it.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 11:51pm

If you're referring to Gaza, I highly doubt Israel wants to put it under military occupation again. The logistics and the optics aren't worth it.
Wouldn't put it past them levelling the place the way Russia did in Syria and Ukraine and then occupying the land after everyone has either fled or died. At the very least I'm expecting them to do that to the Northern half. There's no way they're going to leave them there for a potential repeat.

Palestinians might come to regret this alliance with Iran. There's talk from US senator's that Israel could strike and destroy the 4 major oil refineries in Iran thus ending their oil production. 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2023 at 12:11am

Wouldn't put it past them levelling the place the way Russia did in Syria and Ukraine and then occupying the land after everyone has either fled or died. At the very least I'm expecting them to do that to the Northern half. There's no way they're going to leave them there for a potential repeat.

Palestinians might come to regret this alliance with Iran. There's talk from US senator's that Israel could strike and destroy the 4 major oil refineries in Iran thus ending their oil production. 
It's definitely a possibility. I just wonder how they are looking at it from a PR perspective. This is a very rare occasion where Israel can make a fairly solid claim that it is the victim, even with all the context and nuances involved. Will they throw that away by glassing and partially re-occupying Gaza? I'd like to know what Israeli public opinion is on such a move.

In other news, a 22 year old Irish-Israeli dual citizen is amongst those reported missing. https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-41243521.html

Edited by SeaSharp - 09 Oct 2023 at 12:12am
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2023 at 8:58am
Well Netanyagu and his right wingers have now been given the green light to wipe Hamas out in Gaza and they will do it street by street none of the leaders will be left alive this is what will happen  thousands will die .
What happens after is anyone idea but Hamas will be taken apart . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2023 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Well Netanyagu and his right wingers have now been given the green light to wipe Hamas out in Gaza and they will do it street by street none of the leaders will be left alive this is what will happen  thousands will die .
Yes they have. The whole world has become desensitized to war since Ukraine. Nobody batted an eye lid when Azerbaijan declared war on the Armenia enclave which led to 120k Armenia's leaving permanently. And there was no major escalation from the Armenians that could have justified it.

Meanwhile after one of the most savage terrorist attacks ever by Hamas, not only is the world desensitized to all out war but many around the globe are siding with Israel. The majority of Indians and Americans and they've strong public support from many in South America, Europe, Africa and Russia. 

I really fear for what's going to happen. Israel could flatten the entire strip, drive every Gazan out and half the world will be happy. Knowing how evil Israel is I can't see them not taking the chance.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2023 at 1:11pm

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Yes they have. The whole world has become desensitized to war since Ukraine. Nobody batted an eye lid when Azerbaijan declared war on the Armenia enclave which led to 120k Armenia's leaving permanently. And there was no major escalation from the Armenians that could have justified it.

Meanwhile after one of the most savage terrorist attacks ever by Hamas, not only is the world desensitized to all out war but many around the globe are siding with Israel. The majority of Indians and Americans and they've strong public support from many in South America, Europe, Africa and Russia. 

I really fear for what's going to happen. Israel could flatten the entire strip, drive every Gazan out and half the world will be happy. Knowing how evil Israel is I can't see them not taking the chance.

I would love to know why most western countries are behind Isreal and ignore what they have done to the Palestinian people for over 50 years. It Is f**king savagery and Zionism is up there with modern day Nazism. Its a f**king disgrace and shame on our own politicians who do not condemn it considering our own history .
Chips don't bounce
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 68>
  Share Topic