You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Killarney

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cotsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Killarney
    Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 12:52pm
Heading here with the missus in a couple of weeks. First time, that i can remember, setting foot there. Cany anyone suggest some things to do during the day there? National Park and all that worth a look?

I saw mention of some pubs and clubs on the stag thread. Are there any nice boozers to go that wouldnt be as mental? Bit of grub and a few tunes type pub? Be there for 2 nights/ 3 days.
Bohs Till I Die
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 2:31pm
A great spot.
There was a pub/hotel called Scott's that did food and had a big courtyard that had live music outside both nights I was there.I'm sure the lads that know the place well will be better able to recommend a place but that place seemed OK for what you are looking for.
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 3:18pm
The Danny Man and the Laurels would be good spots for some grub and music.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 4:08pm
Got married in Killarney . Beautiful place with great people .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Cotsy Cotsy wrote:

Heading here with the missus in a couple of weeks. First time, that i can remember, setting foot there. Cany anyone suggest some things to do during the day there? National Park and all that worth a look?

I saw mention of some pubs and clubs on the stag thread. Are there any nice boozers to go that wouldnt be as mental? Bit of grub and a few tunes type pub? Be there for 2 nights/ 3 days.

The Port House good shout. The Laurels, Hannigans or The Lane (cocktail bar ) good options too.
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 10:34pm
Yes the porter house is a good call by JFK. Gets busy at night but I would highly recommend it for evening dinner. Town centre is small enough and the pubs are all close enough so ye will find one to suit by just walking around. Quinlans fish shop and Treyvaud's , both up high street would be another 2 of my favourite places to eat in Killarney. During the day there is loads to do. National park is a must as is Ross Castle. The mining trail walk from Ross Castle is nice for a stroll and it runs by the lakes in a couple of places. While at the Castle, check out the boat rides out on the lake. There is a phone number there to book them or you can google their website. There are 2 sections to the national park. One right beside the town ( Ross Castle ) and the bigger one down Muckross road. Plenty to see and do on both. If the weather is good , cycling is the best way to see them imo. Also check out Torc Waterfall, drive up Molls gap and see Ladies view, Muckross House , Gap of Dunloe and many more of the treasures Killarney has to offer. Go to one of the tourist offices in town and they will give you maps and send ye in the right direction.
Cotsy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cotsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 1:03pm
Thanks all for the responses!!

Plenty of boozers to pick from.

I reckon ill just follow the tourist track during the day and check out the scenery.
Bohs Till I Die
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 2:08pm
A deadly spot,great selection of food and pubs,scenery in Kerry is beautiful !
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Richmond Ultra View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 11:46pm
Torc waterfall +1 best spot for a photo in the national park.
Omnia Causa Fiunt
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

The scenery is a bit burnt in places after the week
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

The scenery is a bit burnt in places after the week

Of gorse it is

Edited by pre Madonna - 10 Apr 2015 at 11:55pm
heppies View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heppies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 5:32pm
Prefer Tralee
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 2:31pm
Would you need to make reservations to get a table in the pubs that do grub on a weekend evening in April?

Heading down in a few weeks and just wondering if I need to plan that far ahead or could we just rock up and somewhere will fit us in. 
Mush Cassidys Donkey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2024 at 10:13am
Was there in April last year and any of the bigger restaurants would want to food ahead at busy times. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2024 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Mush Cassidys Donkey Mush Cassidys Donkey wrote:

Was there in April last year and any of the bigger restaurants would want to food ahead at busy times. 

Ta. Any recommendations?
Mush Cassidys Donkey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2024 at 11:00am
Kitty O Sheas is decent enough but I enjoyed the grub at the bar at the Ross Hotel more. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic