You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Grealish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 276>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2015 at 9:01pm
Still need to get him tied down asap although scotland is too soon for him! contradictory post!
Sponsored Links

garretjoseph View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garretjoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2015 at 10:48pm
Just wait until Sept. Jesus christ. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2015 at 11:07pm
I definitely think he will
forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 9:53am
Kinda think if he was going to declare for us then he would want to be involved in a vital qualifier. But then I come from a generation who would have given his right arm to play for his country, to be honest I could not be arsed if he declares or not at this stage.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by forza trapp forza trapp wrote:

Kinda think if he was going to declare for us then he would want to be involved in a vital qualifier. But then I come from a generation who would have given his right arm to play for his country, to be honest I could not be arsed if he declares or not at this stage.
These would be my sentiments exactly also, NO young player should be playing silly beggars when it comes to his international footballing future, be a man make and stand by the decision we have had enough of this sh*t over the last few years
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
BittyBile View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BittyBile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 12:41pm
Garth Crooks comparing him to Bobby Charlton, lord!

Would be great if he declares for us and goes on to develop into a top player, been a long time since we've had a maestro in midfield like a Chippy Brady
085immersive View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 085immersive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

These would be my sentiments exactly also, NO young player should be playing silly beggars when it comes to his international footballing future, be a man make and stand by the decision we have had enough of this sh*t over the last few years

Don't see a problem. He said he is taking a year out until September. He is being upfront.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

He has dual nationality, so even if we dont like it, he's entitled to take some time to make up his mind. 

Either he'll commit to us, or to England. None of us know what he'll do, but everyone has an opinion. 

He'll prob announce his decision in August, when MON and Roy Hodgson will be looking to name their squad (and yes, he is good enough to merit a competitive appearance for England, even more so as they are strolling to qualification).

Until then everyone will speculate.

It wouldnt be wise for him to delay his decision any longer than August; he turns 20 in September and would want to get cracking on a senior international career.

Besides, he took time out of international football to concentrate on breaking into the Villa team (or so he says). He's checked that box now, so the start of next season should see him return to international football.

Edited by rolo - 11 May 2015 at 1:45pm
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 1:46pm
Man of the match at the weekend, Jacky boy is getting better every week

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 3:12pm
Call him up for the next squad or else we can forget about him.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

We can forget about him if we start putting pressure on him. He's dual nationality, leave him to think about his future and let the English media take care of him for the time being
benchwarmer View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benchwarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

We can forget about him if we start putting pressure on him. He's dual nationality, leave him to think about his future and let the English media take care of him for the time being

+1

Hope they work themselves into a frenzy (beckham like) this summer and a cool head like P. Mcgrath can have a quite word in his ear over what option to take.

''I'm a utd fan cause me da was a utd fan''- Irish utd fan
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 5:57pm
http://c1.thejournal.ie/media/2015/05/cleverley-grealish-gif.gif

Delicious assist for Grealish against West Ham
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 6:51pm

Agreed. He surely has his mind made up at this stage. It's hardly going to change to something completely different in just a few months time. This wait until September is only BS. If he really has serious intentions of playing for us he will jump at the chance to be involved in such an important match as the Scottish match. Time to call him up.

Edited by grannyrule - 11 May 2015 at 6:57pm
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 7:36pm
Some of ye are so impatient.

How about leave him alone.
Bibi Baskin View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bibi Baskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 7:54pm
http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/paul-mcgrath-tells-jack-grealish-5666008

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/international/possible-jack-grealish-call-up-set-to-dominate-martin-o-neill-squad-announcement-1.2208382

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 8:05pm
Sensationalist headline.

Should read:

Improbable Jack Grealish call up set to dominate Martin O'Neill Squad Announcement

He's dual nationality. 
He wont want to represent England against us in Lansdowne in the first game after he leaves us. Equally, if he's favouring sticking with the green jersey, he wont want to play England in his first game.

It's a messy situation, best left well enough alone. If he sticks with us, it'll be Gibraltar away that he'd make his debut in. Rightly, he has already ruled himself out of the June games. 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 9:19pm
There are some whispers he will be named tomorrow. .just whispers mind you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 276>
  Share Topic