You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harry Kane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncle sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 2:05pm
He's good enough to get 50 caps for England. The chaps an incredible talent, as good as Robbie Keane i reckon
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 2:10pm
Ok so - 150 caps for Eire; 50 for England.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 2:12pm
I would say there is zero chance of this lad declaring for us at least before 2016.  He will definitely hold out to see if he is called up for the auld enemy in the next qualifying campaign.  Off to the ROW section with ye now son where ye belong. 
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

With his dad being Irish I suppose we have a hope more than any of the already mentioned above.

Funny , I was on the way home with my little lad after football this morning , delighted after the coach telling me he is improving with his skills etc ....I asked him who he would play for Ireland or England and he said England .....when I said he needs to reconsider if he wants a lollipop he didn't hesitate .....so we are sorted for a winger for the 2026 WC or definitely the 2028 Euros :-)

Child needs some history lessons Dad LOL
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 2:54pm
no chance of this.non story unfortunately as looks a quality player
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
uncle sam View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncle sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Ok so - 150 caps for Eire; 50 for England.
yes but that would be like asking you would you take 150 Scottish or Welsh caps over 50 Irish ones? you'd take the 50 Irish ones all day long
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 3:16pm
Dunno Sam, the Scots seem to be onto a good thing and we owe them a player or two
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 4:13pm
Can't see it happening- or rather I wouldn't get my hopes up at all at this. Fair play to MON for going the extra mile in his efforts though. It seems an awful long shot but you never know I 'spose. Don't know anything about this lad apart from the stuff written on this thread.   
5 goals to go Robbie!
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 4:17pm
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu7EUGKxfCk Thumbs Up

Cheers mate The link seems to be down though.
5 goals to go Robbie!
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 4:38pm
Would be easy enough to change any old banners anyway if he does kick on and play for us

KEANE
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 5:08pm
I like Kane, he's good with the ball at his feet for a big man!

There's a hell of lot of untapped potential in him too, reminds me a bit of Conor Wickham!

It would be a very good coup for us if we got him, can't see it though.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 8:23pm
Looking at his caps at underage for England. It would be really strange if he switched now. After working his way through the set up you would think it will just be a natural progression to the senior side. So I doubt he'd turn his back on them now after they have invested so much into him. Perhaps in a few years time if he doesn't get any further with England then we may have a better chance.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 8:33pm
Ciaran Clark was England under age captain who player right through the age groups.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Ciaran Clark was England under age captain who player right through the age groups.

True enough. Every situation is different I guess. I'd say when lads are 14/15 abd the country of their birth come calling there would be little reason to say no. Then once your in you could get stuck there even if the might be a yearning for something else. Not saying that is the case at all with Kane but i wonder is his old man having a word
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 9:00pm
I can't understand how lads can come on and state with certainty that this won't happen. Nobody knows the lad, his background or the depth of his patriotism. It's very much a case of wait and see, someone has obviously alerted the fai and you would imagine that at some level the info has come from kane himself.
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 11:05pm
There seems to be a few young irish/english strikers coming through at the moment. Harry Kane, Will Keane, Conor Wickham and Patrick Bamford. These are all highly rated and more than likely all wont make it with england so hopefully we can get one or two of them.
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 11:42pm
We missed the boat with will Keane. Would have been great to keep him
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
  Share Topic