You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Wales MATCH thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grubar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 5:50am
Disappointed Bale will miss Welsh game against Serbia.Ireland's only chance of topping the group is if Wales and Austria can take points off Serbia.Also,Ireland must win remaining home games and at least one of the two remaining away games....hard to see that happening.A play-off is much more likely, I think.
Sponsored Links

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 7:05am
Bit of self policing for the green army,kick out the knobs maybe if the stewards cant do their job.
Rushie View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 8:27am
Originally posted by 1874eire 1874eire wrote:

Queuing up before the game I was surprised at how gobby some of the Welsh fans were, they were acting as if they were world champions playing against minnows and didn't seem to care that there were kids around when they are shouting some dirge about 'f*ck the union jack'. They reminded me a lot of English supporters in some ways with a bit of 'barmey-army' bullsh*t thrown in. You would never think that up until a few years ago they were one of the worst teams in Europe. 

F*ck the union jack is a song about gareth bale refusing to play for team gb at the olympics i bet them same kids were really happy and proud at hearing irish fans shouting "you loyalist c*nts" or "you sheep shagging b*stards" as we were queing up to get in the ground!!Talk about double standards oh well as long as its ok to threaten swing punches at wales fans cause of taylors tackle.we know we are an average side anyone who's watched us for longer than the euro's knows that.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Usual blog on the game for those that follow it. Few thoughts on what I made of the Bale and Taylor challenges as well. 
Good read as usual.   ALthough, I've taken to C&P your text into Microsoft Word, removing the dark background as my eyes just cannot read it that way!
Equally I was astounded that Bale was not shown a second yellow for the tackle on McClean. He protested like f**k to the ref with his hands up suggesting that he acknowledged that he'd done wrong with a Mea Culpa type plea to avoid a second yellow. Looking back at both on TV, he could easily have gone for the earlier tackle on JOS too.
The subsequent tackle on Coleman ruined the night for me.  

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

can you elaborate on the racist chants?
Maybe I'm getting too curmudgeonly in my old age. Now that I can no longer badger Robbie Keane whingers, I've taken to giving out about all and sundry around me who raise their voices in any sort of incorrect PC way. Still. People should know it's wrong to use language like calling Welsh players 'black ****s', 'black bastards' or 'f**k off ya black prick'. Some of the best Irish kids I've trained over the past 15 years are not white. People will have to learn to accept multi ethnicity in our land and fans will have to learn how to stand up to bigots.

Don't get me started on the two suited adults who wouldn't get into a taxi driven by a black lad outside the ground. GRRRRRRRR.
Did nobody say anything to these ****s? That makes them every bit as bad.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Rushie Rushie wrote:

Queuing up before the game I was surprised at how gobby some of the Welsh fans were, they were acting as if they were world champions playing against minnows and didn't seem to care that there were kids around when they are shouting some dirge about 'f*ck the union jack'. They reminded me a lot of English supporters in some ways with a bit of 'barmey-army' bullsh*t thrown in. You would never think that up until a few years ago they were one of the worst teams in Europe. 

F*ck the union jack is a song about gareth bale refusing to play for team gb at the olympics i bet them same kids were really happy and proud at hearing irish fans shouting "you loyalist c*nts" or "you sheep shagging b*stards" as we were queing up to get in the ground!!Talk about double standards oh well as long as its ok to threaten swing punches at wales fans cause of taylors tackle.we know we are an average side anyone who's watched us for longer than the euro's knows that.

Where abouts were lads been thrown digs at? At the ground or around town area?
Think its been the least I've interacted with away fans at a match. 

The dark side.. And the light
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 10:45am

I think some of our supporters could do with leaving the IRA songbook at home too. Pretty embarrassing stuff.   

El Puto Amo
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 10:47am
A lot of this stuff is been overhyped by some Welsh fans (i dont condone any little runt's attempting to provoke fans), as said in a previous post when your chance's of progressing are up you tend to make a lot more of the little things to make it feel like you have been hard done by whilst ignoring some of the rubbish their own got up to
Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 10:48am
Welsh fans cant be trusted to have success without disappearing up there a--hole.
Hi Lads
Rushie View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 10:59am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Where abouts were lads been thrown digs at? At the ground or around town area?
Think its been the least I've interacted with away fans at a match. 

In the pubs in town a few lads got swung at.we got threatened not long after leaving the ground.doesn't change my view of ireland fans still think you've got great fans.
Rushie View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 11:03am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

A lot of this stuff is been overhyped by some Welsh fans (i dont condone any little runt's attempting to provoke fans), as said in a previous post when your chance's of progressing are up you tend to make a lot more of the little things to make it feel like you have been hard done by whilst ignoring some of the rubbish their own got up to

Being swung at and threatened cause of a tackle on the pitch like its our fault hardly feel hard done by!!As for our fans yea we have issues we don't deny that cardiff still have some proper nutters!!Fact is there's a lot of ill feeling on both sides i hope everything calms down by october,ireland fans who come to wales and want to have a good time are more than welcome.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 11:07am
Ah lads I think people are getting a bit carried away.
If there was no game in town Friday night there would have been incidents like that.
No one was was seriously hurt or by the sounds of it even injured so I fear we are blowing things out of proportion.

Edited by Fruice - 28 Mar 2017 at 11:08am
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

Ah lads I think people are getting a bit carried away.
If there was no game in town Friday night there would have been incidents like that.
No one was was seriously hurt or by the sounds of it even injured so I fear we are blowing things out of proportion.

+1
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 1:26pm

Don't waste your time, they're just looking for an excuse to moan about the smallest things / things which didn't actually happen.
I mean like how dare the Welsh sing about Gareth Bale refusing to represent Great Britain, outrageous thing to do in Ireland.

The Welsh, great set of lads Clap 
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 1:38pm
Haha an Irishman getting upset about the Welsh fans singing f**k the union jack. Aw that's priceless Embarrassed
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Haha an Irishman getting upset about the Welsh fans singing f**k the union jack. Aw that's priceless Embarrassed
He wasn't upset for himself, it was for the poor innocent childers! 
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 2:31pm
Interesting to hear Mark Hughes' verdict on the Glenn Whelan - Joe Allen incident :

He thinks it was more a case of handbags at five paces and he has seen collisions like this in training between clubmates every day of the week.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132
  Share Topic