You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody know anything about cars?????!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:09am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Our runaround VW Golf 2006 failed the NCT last week. 5 major issues and 4 advisory.  Luckily we had just renewed the insurance so we can cancel it.  Have a good mind to cancel the insurance and not do the NCT and get rid of the Golf. (Can’t see it fetching any money if an NCT is required).   Think we can get away with 1 car.  I don’t need it for work.  Could save a few bob between tax, insurance NCT and the odd bit of petrol we put into to.  

The 5 major were cv boot frayed.  Axle and wishbone bushes worn, both balls joints on the front suspension severely deteriorated and failed side slip test.  I guessing to get all of that fixed would cost a few bob.  

Not really. All items are in the same area so labor would be minimal. To be honest it's all bolt on parts and a job that could be done on a driveway.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:16am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Our runaround VW Golf 2006 failed the NCT last week. 5 major issues and 4 advisory.  Luckily we had just renewed the insurance so we can cancel it.  Have a good mind to cancel the insurance and not do the NCT and get rid of the Golf. (Can’t see it fetching any money if an NCT is required).   Think we can get away with 1 car.  I don’t need it for work.  Could save a few bob between tax, insurance NCT and the odd bit of petrol we put into to.  

The 5 major were cv boot frayed.  Axle and wishbone bushes worn, both balls joints on the front suspension severely deteriorated and failed side slip test.  I guessing to get all of that fixed would cost a few bob.  

Not really. All items are in the same area so labor would be minimal. To be honest it's all bolt on parts and a job that could be done on a driveway.
Yeah exactly. all straight forward & very common issues on older VWs. Put a few hundred in and sell it with fresh NCT & it’s worth over 2k

Edited by 9fingers - Yesterday at 10:16am
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 33 minutes ago at 11:40am
Cheers lads good to know.  👍👏👏
AKA pedantic kunt
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 hours 10 minutes ago at 1:03pm
If you have a spanner and socket set have a go yourself. Then just fill the CV boots from grease off that big head of yours.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 hours 9 minutes ago at 1:04pm

If you have a spanner and socket set have a go yourself. Then just fill the CV boots from grease off that big head of yours.

😀😀😀😀😀. There is one thing I am
Good at and that’s knowing my limitations.  

Edited by Baldrick - 19 hours 39 minutes ago at 2:34pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 45 minutes ago at 2:28pm
Greenlander or Maxtrek tyres for a Tuscon ? Any use ? Any other suggestions?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 19 minutes ago at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Plenty of reviews here for your Tuscon. Hyundai Tucson Tyres - Tyre reviews and ratings

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 55 minutes ago at 3:18pm

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Plenty of reviews here for your Tuscon. Hyundai Tucson Tyres - Tyre reviews and ratings

Cheers
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134
  Share Topic