Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

West Ham

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 868788
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2024 at 8:57am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I'm not sure what the fans want.  They are not a big club.

West Ham, Spurs and Newcastle all have this delusion about playing footballer “their way”. 

Moyes called it right when he said that he hasn’t done too badly with qualification for Europe and subsequent European success without playing “the West Ham way”.

He’s left them in a good state. There’s some good players there for the next manager.

It’s not delusions.  Football is entertainment.  It’s a switch off from the weekly grind of working etc etc.  what’s the point if going to the games even when you win is not entertaining.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2024 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

West Ham, Spurs and Newcastle all have this delusion about playing footballer “their way”. 

Moyes called it right when he said that he hasn’t done too badly with qualification for Europe and subsequent European success without playing “the West Ham way”.

He’s left them in a good state. There’s some good players there for the next manager.

It’s not delusions.  Football is entertainment.  It’s a switch off from the weekly grind of working etc etc.  what’s the point if going to the games even when you win is not entertaining.  

And you were a fan of Stephen Kenny for how many years until you saw the light  LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2024 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I don’t think there was a massive consensus amongst the fans to get rid of him. There seems to be a bit of a media narrative flying round about this, that isn’t quite accurate. In reality, he should have been given extra years after the cup win last year, and if it didn’t work out, he should be paid out.
Yeah it felt more like a media hatchet job than the fans calling for it, very few at games or online calling for Moyes Out.

I don't like it, he's kept us in Europe and top half 3 years in a row, that's success as a WH fan (not to mention becoming European Champions).

The media struggle with West Ham, we've a big stadium, but we're not a traditionally big/successful team. We don't have billionaire owners, but we're not in any financial difficulty, and still spend lots of money each year. Any Moyes was a manager that most media have spent years writing off and joking about since his time at United. WH don't fit into any cohort that they like to write about, hency IMO why they wanted him out when we dropped out of top 6.

Your over selling that one.

Never LOL
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2024 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

And you were a fan of Stephen Kenny for how many years until you saw the light  LOL

I didn’t see the light.  He was given his chance and it didn’t work out.  That’s what happens.  But if someone’s high point is a boring watch what’s the point.  Esp for football that’s week in week out.  Results matter but so does entertainment. 
AKA pedantic kunt
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2024 at 2:03pm

It’s delusion when it ends up with those clubs being relegated or winning 3 trophies in 40 years. 

Yes football is about entertainment but I bet those west ham fans would take winning the conference league over playing slightly better football every week.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2024 at 2:17pm

It’s delusion when it ends up with those clubs being relegated or winning 3 trophies in 40 years. 

Yes football is about entertainment but I bet those west ham fans would take winning the conference league over playing slightly better football every week.

As someone who had a soft spot for Spurs I would Rather this season under Ange than any season under Jose and Conte even though results were better in some seasons under them both.  

AKA pedantic kunt
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 9 minutes ago at 12:35pm
Send off for Moyes today. He’s been exceptional.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 868788
  Share Topic