You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gas and Electricity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 1:32pm
Light a few candles
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 1:15pm
What's the cheapest option to go with for electricity?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 9:43am
Used prepay electricity before - really expensive and a pain in the hoop topping up. Defo avoid
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 7:52am
I just use a budget account with my credit union and a set amount comes out of my wages every two weeks and every bill comes from that account.   Never have to worry about spikes or even car insurance or car tax one offs.  

Doesnt solve the issue of why you are getting spikes in the first place though.   

Edited by Baldrick - 25 May 2021 at 7:52am
AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 7:17am
Have a look on bonkers .ie Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 5:29am
Ireland, where every price comparison is referred back to the price of a pint in your local Clap
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 9:25pm
The prepay rates are ridiculous. Would you pay for €8 pints of Guinness in your local? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

With prepay electricity the last year and wouldn’t recommend it at all. Paying more in a small apartment for 2 than what we were paying in a big house with 6 adults in it. 

Thumbs Up

Nice one. I will avoid so. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 7:58pm
With prepay electricity the last year and wouldn’t recommend it at all. Paying more in a small apartment for 2 than what we were paying in a big house with 6 adults in it. 
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Has anybody made the switch and recommend? Pain the bollox not knowing how much the bill is going to be until it arrives can give you a stroke. 

Seems pre pay is a little pricier but puts you in better control.

Anyone?

Most gas/electric suppliers will spread your payments evenly over a 12 month period, based on your previous 12 months usage, and true up/down as you submit 'Actual' readings. I would recommend this rather than going near pre-paid.

Edited by Lenny82 - 24 May 2021 at 7:57pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 7:49pm
Has anybody made the switch and recommend? Pain the bollox not knowing how much the bill is going to be until it arrives can give you a stroke. 

Seems pre pay is a little pricier but puts you in better control.

Anyone?
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic