You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Immigration Policy in Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 32>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

https://extra.ie/2024/03/12/news/irish-news/d-hotel-asylum-seekers

More far right rhetoric from FG TD's as they admit they f**ked up in Drogheda. Now host a referendum on immigration and bring in emergency law to reverse decisions like this which will devastate towns across the country.

Referendums are to change the constitution. What change to the constitution do you want?
Can you find out on Telegram or Twitter?
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 4:24pm
I see that absolute clown and anti immigrant Blighe was an immigrant in Canada for 11 years.  Left Ireland during the recession and went to live and work in Canada, his wife now lives here so is an immigrant. You couldn't make it up. 
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 4:58pm

More far right rhetoric from FG TD's as they admit they f**ked up in Drogheda. Now host a referendum on immigration and bring in emergency law to reverse decisions like this which will devastate towns across the country.

Referendums are to change the constitution. What change to the constitution do you want?
I want a specially built prison for all government TD's the last 20 year's. Their asset's seized by the state. Like my previous post I'm only half joking. 

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

I see that absolute clown and anti immigrant Blighe was an immigrant in Canada for 11 years.  Left Ireland during the recession and went to live and work in Canada, his wife now lives here so is an immigrant. You couldn't make it up. 
Did he tear up his passport after landing, claim asylum and get a free gaf or a 4 Star hotel room and all expenses paid for the 11 years? Was the hotel he used the only hotel left in his city or town? I doubt it. I'd say he entered legally and had to pass strict criteria as a legal economic migrant. This isn't the gotcha you think it is. And when you realise that you'll realise why legal economic migrants in Ireland are also pissed off with what's happening.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 5:48pm

I want a specially built prison for all government TD's the last 20 year's. Their asset's seized by the state. Like my previous post I'm only half joking. 

That's all lovely. But none of that is for the constitution.
So how exactly do you really want to amend the constitution?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 5:49pm

Did he tear up his passport after landing, claim asylum and get a free gaf or a 4 Star hotel room and all expenses paid for the 11 years? Was the hotel he used the only hotel left in his city or town? I doubt it. I'd say he entered legally and had to pass strict criteria as a legal economic migrant. This isn't the gotcha you think it is. And when you realise that you'll realise why legal economic migrants in Ireland are also pissed off with what's happening.
Claiming asylum is legal also. 
Anybody who is granted asylum has to past strict criteria.
So this also isn't the gotcha you think it is. 
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 6:10pm
we already have an anti-immigration amendment in the constitution but it's not enough for the loopers as per

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

we already have an anti-immigration amendment in the constitution but it's not enough for the loopers as per

It's not being enforced. It's also a criminal offence to arrive in Dublin airport without your documents. 2 lads recently got jail but it was token gestures. Let's not mention the waves of "refugees" who've been in European countries for months or year's and have now decided to travel to Ireland to claim asylum. Basically jumping on the gravy train and making a mockery of the system. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 7:51pm
Poland are happy with their new Ukrainian's it seems. There were quite a few there before the war too.

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1768037048877727796?t=JULPUYOawfFabnBi5it3Vg&s=19

"Poland will not encourage Ukrainian refugees to return home", - Ambassador of Poland to Ukraine 

We are interested in Ukrainians, who are very important from the point of view of the Polish labor market", he said." 

As can be seen immigration is a huge issue for Sinn Fein voters. Aontu even more so. I hope there's a strong Aontu and independent candidate in my constituency to give me an alternative to Sinn Fein.

Edited by eireland - 14 Mar 2024 at 7:51pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 8:02pm

It's not being enforced. It's also a criminal offence to arrive in Dublin airport without your documents. 2 lads recently got jail but it was token gestures. Let's not mention the waves of "refugees" who've been in European countries for months or year's and have now decided to travel to Ireland to claim asylum. Basically jumping on the gravy train and making a mockery of the system. 

LOLLOLLOLLOL I was talking about the 27th amendment you turnip 

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 9:04pm

Have seen it mentioned that he tried his hand at politics over there too and failed miserably. Hopefully he goes the same way at home too.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 9:03am

As can be seen immigration is a huge issue for Sinn Fein voters. Aontu even more so. I hope there's a strong Aontu and independent candidate in my constituency to give me an alternative to Sinn Fein.
I've a feeling the immigration issue is going to derail the SF-in-government dream. Their leadership says they're pro-immigration, 41% of their supporters say they're anti-immigration. It'll kill their votes IMO
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I've a feeling the immigration issue is going to derail the SF-in-government dream. Their leadership says they're pro-immigration, 41% of their supporters say they're anti-immigration. It'll kill their votes IMO

So in a sense the current government have played a blinder flooding the country with refugees. Surely this was a tactic by them? Politics at it's best. Aontu have already split the SF vote and will likely increase the next election. I'm just wondering will another party be created from another SF split. 
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 11:44am

That was passed by a fairly high margin. The government  can always go back to the old rules if they want.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

That was passed by a fairly high margin. The government  can always go back to the old rules if they want.
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Unfortunately the bleeding heart do gooders of south Dublin are over represented and would rather our government apply their help the world and forget about Ireland ideologies. Not the first time the majority in this country have been betrayed by the powers that be and now they can hide behind EU policy who likewise don't apply the will of the people. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 12:18pm

it was passed overwhelmingly no doubt about that, I don't really have an issue with the idea of discussing access to citizenship and having it enshrined in the constitution to reflect that. But I don't think anyone looking back on it now fairly could deny the disgraceful campaigning done by McDowell specifically at the time. fear mongering at it's finest. He claimed at first that the Master's of the Coombe and Rotunda asked him to do something about the law because of the numbers of non-EU nationals coming to Ireland to supposedly have anchor babies - "citizenship tourism" was the catchphrase. The Master's came out and denied that within a couple of days but the idea stuck and McDowell stoked it throughout the campaign. 

They talked about closing a loophole from the Good Friday Agreement but it went too far for me, people born on the island of Ireland should have a right to citizenship in my view regardless of whether their parents are Irish citizens or not.

You are right that the amendment says "unless provided for by law" which allows for legislation instead of another referendum which is a good thing generally - I think we have too many referendums for things that can be managed via the legislature. there was talk of legislation a few years ago when some kids were facing deportation in spite of living here for their whole lives, but I'm not sure if anything came of it 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 12:18pm

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Unfortunately the bleeding heart do gooders of south Dublin are over represented and would rather our government apply their help the world and forget about Ireland ideologies. Not the first time the majority in this country have been betrayed by the powers that be and now they can hide behind EU policy who likewise don't apply the will of the people. 

you literally haven't a clue what you're talking about 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 12:40pm

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

you literally haven't a clue what you're talking about 
I admire your persistence & your perspective but I think you’re chasing a lost cause. It’s always the loudest in the room with the quietest mind
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 32>
  Share Topic